Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

7 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Preliminary renders of the D&D cmf have leaked on instagram. 

No new regular animal molds, but we’ve got the rat in black (with red eyes), the songbird in dark tan (I think) with printed markings beyond the typical eyes and beak, and the shepherd puppy in dark grey with a lighter muzzle. 

The mini red dragon looks amazing too! 

Still not sure how legit these are, but if they are accurate - then they’re fantastic!

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Still not sure how legit these are, but if they are accurate - then they’re fantastic!

Yeah, I’m wary too – I’ve never seen a render like this leak before and it would certainly be easier to fake than anything physical for someone who knows their way around the right software. 
But on the other hand, nothing shown looks too much like an overblown fantasy and everything matches up exactly with the description leaks from before. If this does turn out to be fake, I think I’ll find myself wondering if the original leakers saw the real thing or this (it is super early for this much info on the September series after all). 

12 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

and the shepherd puppy in dark grey with a lighter muzzle. 

The mini red dragon looks amazing too! 

I don't care what anyone else says, that lil guy still counts as a wolf to me

(Oh, and the dragon would go quite well with Norbera and Riyu)

On 3/18/2024 at 12:10 PM, FinlayTheFaithful said:

I don't care what anyone else says, that lil guy still counts as a wolf to me

(Oh, and the dragon would go quite well with Norbera and Riyu)

Yes - that’s a baby wolf for me too.

All three of the new dragons across themes are adorable 

-assuming- that link is pretty accurate, what do we think about the new printed wee bird? I don’t know if it’s specifically supposed to be anything in particular, but it seems pretty close to some sparrow species for me, and also reminiscent of a goldcrest, even if the head colours are a bit wrong. 

Personally I’m fine with either specific species printing or some sort of loose version that we can interpret ourselves, providing it’s ‘realistic’ enough. 

Not a fan of red eyes on the rat, or generally any of the tropes to make animals ‘evil’, but it’s nice to see a recoloured rat at last.

12 hours ago, williejm said:

Yes - that’s a baby wolf for me too.

All three of the new dragons across themes are adorable 

-assuming- that link is pretty accurate, what do we think about the new printed wee bird? I don’t know if it’s specifically supposed to be anything in particular, but it seems pretty close to some sparrow species for me, and also reminiscent of a goldcrest, even if the head colours are a bit wrong. 

Personally I’m fine with either specific species printing or some sort of loose version that we can interpret ourselves, providing it’s ‘realistic’ enough. 

Not a fan of red eyes on the rat, or generally any of the tropes to make animals ‘evil’, but it’s nice to see a recoloured rat at last.

The bird to me looks like a sparrow.  There are several species with those type of markings on the head.  Also red/pink eyes on all white animals means its an albino so something like that could be accurate but I get what your saying with the black rat.  

We definitely need more colors of that bird piece and maybe something like black and orange coloring for a Baltimore oriole,  or black and yellow for a goldfinch etc.  

On 3/19/2024 at 1:39 PM, williejm said:

also reminiscent of a goldcrest

Yes, but king size one:tongue:

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Yes, but king size one:tongue:

I mean - this is Lego: proportions don’t matter, and it’s still smaller than a scorpion ;)

New tigerhead mould and new color for that and the Crocodile leaked :sweet:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

New tigerhead mould and new color for that and the Crocodile leaked :sweet:

Wow I didn't expect they'd actually do a new mould for the tiger head, but it looks pretty good from the pic available!

Also forgive my colour-blindness, but what colour is the new croc? I can't tell by looking at it.

Edit: Red panda also leaked!

Edited by SketchBrick

1 hour ago, SketchBrick said:

Wow I didn't expect they'd actually do a new mould for the tiger head, but it looks pretty good from the pic available!

Also forgive my colour-blindness, but what colour is the new croc? I can't tell by looking at it.

Edit: Red panda also leaked!

the croc looks to be sand green or possibly olive green.  

So glad that red panda comes in the small set since I’m definitely gonna need that 

Is the red panda tri-moulded? Looks like the white ears and tail stripes might be, and the black feet too?

8 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

I think it is olive green..

4 hours ago, MWERA24 said:

maybe a sheep!

?

Great to see that City still give us the good stuff after the animal disappointment in MTS:sweet:
All 3 animals look great, but still have a small hope for a tiger cub as well (seems like a wasted opportunity not to give us one now)
Is there only 1 red panda in the battle-pack, after the seals that would be a step in the wrong direction, but the mould looks fantastic at least?

3 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Is the red panda tri-moulded? Looks like the white ears and tail stripes might be, and the black feet too?

It is triple moulded, there's an upside down one is the picture and they wouldn't bother to paint the inside. Though maybe the black feet are just painted?

Now that's a tiger! Way better than the last one, imo. Croc is good, and red panda looks bigger than I antecipated. And both red panda and tiger use the new dark orange color!

On 3/9/2024 at 6:05 PM, williejm said:

Here’s the translation to English for the jungle sets from the Polish site:

30665 Meet the little gorilla - a polybag for PLN 17.99, containing a new cast of a small gorilla. A total of 34 blocks.

//

60424 Quad of a jungle researcher with a red panda - PLN 45.99 for the first jungle-themed set. For him we get a cast of a red panda and a figure of the discoverer, probably referring to Johnny Thunder.

60425 Jungle researcher's watercraft - PLN 99.99. The set includes a small "cave" as a fragment of the jungle, 2 figures of explorers and 3 crocodiles (2 adults + 1 young).

60426 Jungle researcher's field - PLN 129.99. On the pace of the car we find a camera on the boom, and above the wheels - boxes for equipment. In the set you will find a large fragment of the jungle with a cave sheltered by a tree, under which we find bones. Minifigs: 3 explorers, but it is here that we will find a new cast of a tiger in dark orange colour. The tiger is solved in the same way as the new horse figurines, i.e. you can carry it on the hind legs.

60437 Helicopter of jungle researchers in the base - PLN 469.99. The machine will have synchronised, double rotors, a cargo hold and a working cargo winch, and a lot of other moving elements (open cockpit, and a ramp at the back). The helicopter will be reached by a motorcycle, a swamp boat and a small base - all this can be placed in the main machine, which will be a solid size. The set also includes another fragment of the jungle, 5 minifigs (pilot, cartographer, mechanic, photographer and medic), 2 large gorillas in the form of a new cast with a raised left paw and 1 small gorilla (also new).

So each set has a single main species. Red panda + Johnny Thunder sounds like a must have for me. Also interested in the tiger set. Let's see if the the other explorers are a task force like 2017 jungle set, or if there are new Adventurers besides Johnny.

11 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

It is triple moulded, there's an upside down one is the picture and they wouldn't bother to paint the inside. Though maybe the black feet are just painted?

I’d agree with triple moulded. The new animals look great!

12 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I think it is olive green..

Great to see that City still give us the good stuff after the animal disappointment in MTS:sweet:
All 3 animals look great, but still have a small hope for a tiger cub as well (seems like a wasted opportunity not to give us one now)
Is there only 1 red panda in the battle-pack, after the seals that would be a step in the wrong direction, but the mould looks fantastic at least?

I think if tiger cub/s don’t appear in these sets, there’s a good chance they will follow along soon somehow - in a small set or CMF or something. That’s how they did it with the ‘baby croc’, and foal etc

16 hours ago, MWERA24 said:

maybe a sheep!

The what?

I just got home from my vacation in Japan and I saw some comments here about triple-molded red panda.  Man, that sounds so cool! 

….Did I see soemoen wishing for a sheep?

Doe a tiger have stripes down its studded back?

8 hours ago, Lion King said:

I just got home from my vacation in Japan and I saw some comments here about triple-molded red panda.  Man, that sounds so cool! 

….Did I see soemoen wishing for a sheep?

Doe a tiger have stripes down its studded back?

Doesn’t look like it, but hard to tell from the photo we have seen  - definitely an upgrade on the existing tiger though!

The leaker who dropped pics of the red pandas and croc + tiger just posted a sliding scale poll with nothing but a gorilla emoji in their instagram story, so I’m guessing we’ll be seeing the other new jungle animals very soon. 

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Doesn’t look like it, but hard to tell from the photo we have seen  - definitely an upgrade on the existing tiger though!

Gotcha! It’s realy nice to havea a new head for tiger tho. 

57 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

The leaker who dropped pics of the red pandas and croc + tiger just posted a sliding scale poll with nothing but a gorilla emoji in their instagram story, so I’m guessing we’ll be seeing the other new jungle animals very soon. 

Ohh I hope so too.

Both the gorillas (adult + baby) leaked! They look so good!! :wub: TLG have really been outdoing themselves with new animal pieces in the last coupla years!

13 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Both the gorillas (adult + baby) leaked! They look so good!! :wub: TLG have really been outdoing themselves with new animal pieces in the last coupla years!

OMG that baby gorilla is adorable. Can’t quite make out from the pic - but do we know if the adult has articulated arms? 🦍