Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I hope olive green :excited: Surprising we haven’t had one in that colour yet, given the Chima crocodile sets :laugh:

Assume this is what we will get, but maybe they will go for something brighter.

2 hours ago, Lion King said:

Hope it’s a pink crocodile! 

Okay, maybe not *that* bright … 

55 minutes ago, williejm said:

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I hope olive green :excited: Surprising we haven’t had one in that colour yet, given the Chima crocodile sets :laugh:

Assume this is what we will get, but maybe they will go for something brighter.

The baby croc already exists in lime green right? Maybe they’re recoloring the adult to match. 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

The baby croc already exists in lime green right? Maybe they’re recoloring the adult to match. 

Or if we're really lucky, we'll get matching baby and adult crocs together in a new colour!

Not a big surprise the crocogator shows up in a set, but a nice one that we get it in a new color :sweet:

Looks like the London toy fair starts tomorrow, maybe if we are lucky we can get some more info about the jungle sets there?!

Personally I am hoping for the frog in olive green, that would be really cool for some future projects...

3 hours ago, jonwil said:

Personally I am hoping for the frog in olive green, that would be really cool for some future projects...

At last! someone with manageable expectations!

11 minutes ago, williejm said:

At last! someone with manageable expectations!

Isn't that an automatic ban from Euro bricks? :laugh:

10 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Isn't that an automatic ban from Euro bricks? :laugh:

Probably. We are fine with mohawk zombie ghost cyborg space cats, and pink crocagators, but we draw the line at a small part being realistically recoloured!

4 hours ago, jonwil said:

Your wish is granted :wink:
76426_alt3.png?format=webply&fit=bounds&

How is it that the olive green frog looks like a dog poo, when I’ve never thought of the brown one that way?

‘Jungle’ set wise, it now seems clear they are going for different locations, given the named species. To that end, it makes sense to me that they would visit all three main jungle areas, and given we have a new mould for Asia (red panda), new moulds for Africa (gorillas), I think we might speculate there will also be a specifically South American one. Given that we know the tiger and croc return, I’d guess that if they go for something specific that it will be either a capybara (also showing up in Disney set), or a sloth (already in Friends sets), both of those are very popular and well-known animals. Another possibility is an updated macaw parrot, I wouldn’t *hate* it if they recoloured the falcon mould for a parrot, but these days I expect more!

I did think that, using existing moulds, they could look at something very specific like a set with a small area of beach/trees, recoloured big cat jaguar, and reusing toucan and turtle. Now I think that South America deserves new mould love too.

Also I am really hoping that we get a few recolours of some existing creatures, especially the birds like flamingo (coral please please please) and toucan. 
It will be interesting to see how they spread the animals between sets, and for sure we know that they are not going to do location-based sets and then mix up the species in each set - so we won’t get gorillas AND tigers in one set, for example. 

Damn I need the pictures. 🥵

3 hours ago, williejm said:

Damn I need the pictures. 🥵

Agreed. If the last few years are any indication though, it's gonna be a long wait until May 1st or so 😭

Shame the squirrel isn’t a recolour - but yay for another dog. That’s the first dog in dark tan, I think, and it makes the fourth recolour of the French Bulldog (and pretty sure there’s another in the Space CMF series, but who knows how it’s printed 🤖👽). 

51 minutes ago, williejm said:

the French Bulldog (and pretty sure there’s another in the Space CMF series, but who knows how it’s printed 🤖👽). 

The side that we can see in the leaked pic looks normal. 

16 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The side that we can see in the leaked pic looks normal. 

I try not to get my hopes up. The other side could be cyborg 

for what it’s worth - the French Bulldog getting 5 colours and ‘normal’ variants would make it at least top equal with the standard shepherd, which comes in two dark nougat versions, one dark orange, one white (Dalmatian) and one or two black (the Grim <which I would count> and the Celestial dog <which I would not count>) … so arguably 5 versions over 4 colours 

3 hours ago, williejm said:

Shame the squirrel isn’t a recolour - but yay for another dog. That’s the first dog in dark tan, I think, and it makes the fourth recolour of the French Bulldog (and pretty sure there’s another in the Space CMF series, but who knows how it’s printed 🤖👽). 

Had not noticed it had a new colour, BAM it back it seems:sweet:

8 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Had not noticed it had a new colour, BAM it back it seems:sweet:

Bonus points to the first person who gets to buy a blister pack of 5 bulldogs, 5 squirrels & 5 butterflies 

I will throw my thoughts onto here… Y know, I would love to see a pink crocodile. Don’t get me wrong but DreamZzz has a buildable green deer and I wish one they could recolor a deer mold in green. 

I mean, I would like to see some animals in unatural colors, such as sand blue bunny, (dark?) red owls, and orange cats. 

Of course it is highly unlikely for Lego to use unatural colors for animal molds but it would be cool! :)

I think there is a dark red owl in the upcoming Harry Potter Owlery set.  Some of the Friends animals did come in unnatural colors when they had the cubes with mystery animals a few years back.

2 hours ago, karrit said:

I think there is a dark red owl in the upcoming Harry Potter Owlery set.  Some of the Friends animals did come in unnatural colors when they had the cubes with mystery animals a few years back.

Is it dark red or reddish-brown?  I can't tell.  

1 hour ago, zoth33 said:

Is it dark red or reddish-brown?  I can't tell.  

Yes it's Dark Red.  In a few of the pictures it almost looks red but when you look at the pictures that have minifigures with Reddish Brown & Dk Brown it definitely looks Dark Red.

Edited by karrit

16 hours ago, karrit said:

Yes it's Dark Red.  In a few of the pictures it almost looks red but when you look at the pictures that have minifigures with Reddish Brown & Dk Brown it definitely looks Dark Red.

Ok cool.  I couldn't tell what color it was.  I am picking the set up for the parts and the owls.  

16 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Dark red. 

Ok thanks.  I like the color.