Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

56 minutes ago, Lion King said:

I will like to ask you. See the post i made above:

Afghan hundred and red bedding don’t tell me that much. 

And we know Medevial Town Square is coming with that goat. 

The butterfly with the toadstool lady reminds me of the Morpho butterfly found in Central and South America. I’d be very happy with Lego exploring this area and more rainforest animals. The toucan is too good not to be reused and I’d love to see sloths, capybaras, tapirs plus a dark green recolouring of the baby crocogator would work well as a caiman. If they were to explore the Andes too (like this year’s sets covered both reef and arctic ocean climates), then a llama and coral recolour of the flamingo would be wonderful too!

With all the tributes to classic space, pirates and castle in recent years I’d also like to see Adventurers getting similar treatment. Starting with an Egyptian themed set reintroducing the camel mould and then an Amazon set the following year to incorporate a lot of the animals above.

Edited by lifeinplastic

7 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

The butterfly with the toadstool lady reminds me of the Morpho butterfly found in Central and South America. I’d be very happy with Lego exploring this area and more rainforest animals. The toucan is too good not to be reused and I’d love to see sloths, capybaras, tapirs plus a dark green recolouring of the baby crocogator would work well as a caiman. If they were to explore the Andes too (like this year’s sets covered both reef and arctic ocean climates), then a llama and coral recolour of the flamingo would be wonderful too!

I think you could be right. Last time we had Jungle subtheme was in 2018 and it set in Asian jungle since we had tiger there. I actually didn’t pay real close attention to that butterfly but you make a good point. 

So we shall see about the 2024 summer wave! :)

1 hour ago, Lion King said:

I think you could be right. Last time we had Jungle subtheme was in 2018 and it set in Asian jungle since we had tiger there.

Jungle would certainly be a welcome subtheme, especially with all of the new available moulds like big cat cubs. It also works well as a follow up to the wildlife rescue idea from 2021, with a more conservation-oriented expedition into the rainforest to study different species. Plus there are now lots of great foliage pieces to use for scenery!

My #1 wish would be for City to go to the land down under. Kangaroos. Emus. Koalas (re-use of the CMF mold). Saltwater crocodiles (existing mould). Outback style hats (the existing fedora might work but a new hat that looks more like the iconic Aussie outback hat would be better). Snakes and spiders (existing molds). Dingo (maybe they have an existing dog mold that could work for one). Birds (could turn the existing bald eagle part into a wedge-tailed eagle with the right color/print). And the sets could include a ute (which is what us Aussies call a pickup truck). And you could make the boomerang in reddish brown.

2 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

Jungle would certainly be a welcome subtheme, especially with all of the new available moulds like big cat cubs. It also works well as a follow up to the wildlife rescue idea from 2021, with a more conservation-oriented expedition into the rainforest to study different species. Plus there are now lots of great foliage pieces to use for scenery!

Or studying botanical speices! 

I don’t mind if there are some ruins in Centeral/South American rainforest with some cool new animals!

now, all we do is to wait and see. I’m just very wonder about the pattern between CMF and City I noticed myself. 

6 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

With all the tributes to classic space, pirates and castle in recent years I’d also like to see Adventurers getting similar treatment. Starting with an Egyptian themed set reintroducing the camel mould and then an Amazon set the following year to incorporate a lot of the animals above.

After the goat, these two would be the next holy grail!

We need to keep campaigning for them! Llama had its costume person, and flamingo mould has not be reused since the CMF, no?

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

My #1 wish would be for City to go to the land down under. Kangaroos. Emus. Koalas (re-use of the CMF mold). Saltwater crocodiles (existing mould). Outback style hats (the existing fedora might work but a new hat that looks more like the iconic Aussie outback hat would be better). Snakes and spiders (existing molds). Dingo (maybe they have an existing dog mold that could work for one). Birds (could turn the existing bald eagle part into a wedge-tailed eagle with the right color/print). And the sets could include a ute (which is what us Aussies call a pickup truck). And you could make the boomerang in reddish brown.

We NEED kangaroos!

2 hours ago, Lion King said:

Or studying botanical speices! 

I don’t mind if there are some ruins in Centeral/South American rainforest with some cool new animals!

now, all we do is to wait and see. I’m just very wonder about the pattern between CMF and City I noticed myself. 

Perhaps the next City or Modular release might be a zoo? Wishful thinking. LOL

On 12/5/2023 at 1:40 AM, hikouki said:

Perhaps the next City or Modular release might be a zoo? Wishful thinking. LOL

I'm hoping that a zoo would release under the City theme, I don't care if it ends up being a small one as long as we get some good looking animals we've yet to see

1 hour ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

I'm hoping that a zoo would release under the City theme, I don't care if it ends up being a small one as long as we get some good looking animals we've yet to see

I’d love for any zoo released to become an annual set (like the winter village or lunar new year). That way it isn’t a one off subtheme that appears once and we never see it again for a decade. This could allow a couple of new moulds and re-use some previous moulds.

According to reliable rumors for the Space CMF, one of the figures comes with a "space penguin". Not quite what most of us are usually looking for, but I'm curious to see if it's a sci-fi recolour of the existing mould! :laugh_hard:

2 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

According to reliable rumors for the Space CMF, one of the figures comes with a "space penguin". Not quite what most of us are usually looking for, but I'm curious to see if it's a sci-fi recolour of the existing mould! :laugh_hard:

Probably crazy looking, but is with a ice-planet guy so you never know :laugh:
I have no interest in Space however a series like that is a lot more interesting than a normal licensed series to me since it could mean we can get a Castle, Pirates or even animal one in the future :sweet:

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

I have no interest in Space however a series like that is a lot more interesting than a normal licensed series to me since it could mean we can get a Castle, Pirates or even animal one in the future :sweet:

An animal-focused CMF... words cannot describe how fantastic that would be! :laugh:

24 minutes ago, SketchBrick said:

An animal-focused CMF... words cannot describe how fantastic that would be! :laugh:

And expensive :tongue: 
I have ordered 4 boxes to get the animals in series 25 and hope I can sell most of the extra to get my money back, in a series like this I could not sell anyone probably or very few :snicker:

Leaked image of the Space CMF confirms the space penguin is the existing mould done in white with some funky printing. There's also a retro character with a grey dog; can anyone tell if it's a new mould, or is that the French Bulldog?

6 minutes ago, SketchBrick said:

Leaked image of the Space CMF confirms the space penguin is the existing mould done in white with some funky printing. There's also a retro character with a grey dog; can anyone tell if it's a new mould, or is that the French Bulldog?

Looks like the French bulldog to me

Yes the question is if it is a normal dog or crazy like the penguin :tongue:
What is the mould over the leaf, could be a small bird, but probably a ice-cream part right?

Welcome to the Jungle baby:moar:

City are going back to the Jungle, there are smelling new animals from far away :wub_drool:

33 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Welcome to the Jungle baby:moar:

City are going back to the Jungle, there are smelling new animals from far away :wub_drool:

LET'S GOOOOOOO!!! 😁

Where do we think we will be jungling? My money is on South America - new colour and print for jaguar, reuse toucan & monkey, probably the crocagator, and introduce new sloth & parrots.

Asia also possible - revisit the tiger (with cubs?) maybe an Asian head for the elephant body, reuse of monkey & snake, and new orangutan or pandas? 

I think Africa is least likely since they did the whole wildlife rescue theme there. 

21 minutes ago, williejm said:

Where do we think we will be jungling? My money is on South America - new colour and print for jaguar, reuse toucan & monkey, probably the crocagator, and introduce new sloth & parrots.

Asia also possible - revisit the tiger (with cubs?) maybe an Asian head for the elephant body, reuse of monkey & snake, and new orangutan or pandas? 

I think Africa is least likely since they did the whole wildlife rescue theme there. 

I could see them being somewhat agnostic in terms of geography, including animals from more than one continent for broader appeal. The current arctic/ocean subtheme crossover comes to mind in that sense.

Capybara is my guess for a new animal. It seems to be the new trendy "cute" creature, and the mold would be smaller to make.

My most wanted ones? Tigers again (that old one is super expensive), with new cubs.

Wildcard picks: anteater, aardvark, or Asian elephant, depending on the continent.