Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

On 24-6-2017 at 8:22 PM, williejm said:

Also, will have to wait and see but, I think that at least the angler fish 'headpiece' looks like it might also work as a standalone fish 

And the pufferfish with yellow sunglasses on its belly. 

Does anyone think that it is possible to remove the yellow visor glasses from the pufferfish and still use it as a headpiece? With a colourmatching minifig head you will have a pufferfish in that case. 

54 minutes ago, Borex said:

That anglerfish looks like a great standalone fish

Combine all of the fish helmets with the head piece from Orca from TLBM movie series and you'll have some awesome fish hench"men".

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

At some point LEGO needs to update the rat/mouse mould

Well we already have two different rats. Maybe they will make a mouse, but when it comes to rats I think your biggest chance for an updated mould will be in a Harry Potter return hopefully next year :wink:

Personally I think the rats are fine, but we really need some "flying rats" in Lego soon! If there is something my modular streets is missing it is pigeons :wacko:

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

At some point LEGO needs to update the rat/mouse mould

*insert picture here*

As well as Bats, Owls, Frogs and Scorpions. I want to see them updated and with printed eyes.

16 minutes ago, J4ck said:

As well as Bats, Owls, Frogs and Scorpions. I want to see them updated and with printed eyes.

Owls got a full makeover with the last Harry Potter wave so they are more than good :wink:

11 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Owls got a full makeover with the last Harry Potter wave so they are more than good :wink:

Did they? Time to do some investigating! Quick to the Batmobile!

Awww yes! Although I won't buy any HP/FB Minifigures, I'll find a way to buy an owl piece for my grandma, but the only way that'll happen is:

1. Lego's B&P system makes an error and sells CMF pieces

2. They make a HP/FB Set 

3. They make a general Lego set with an owl in it.

Seems from City 2018 rumours that theme may bring us a bear and a 'mountain cat' (presume that's a puma recolour of the big cat mould and a reuse of existing bear mould.)

lego's fauna is very carnivore-heavy 

8 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

A new dog (Superdog?) in a DC set.

It is a good dog :tongue: But like Scooby-Doo it looks too much like a cartoon figur to take part in this competition..

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Seems from City 2018 rumours that theme may bring us a bear and a 'mountain cat' (presume that's a puma recolour of the big cat mould and a reuse of existing bear mould.)

lego's fauna is very carnivore-heavy

This is much better that I dared hope for in a city police wave! Lego have really got the steam up on the animal mould machine lately, I love it :wub: Keep them coming!

If they are both recolours then they're getting great reuse out of the moulds whilst filling up our animal rosters. Here's hoping they throw something new in too - like a deer, eagle or raccoon ?

5 hours ago, Petric_G said:

Are you cheating? ?

ahah I wasn't not guessing, I was just telling what I just saw which was related to a new animal or recolored one :classic:

I've been dying for a gray pidgeon mould with light gray, sand blue and purply accents. So that's my bet!

Oh, and still hoping for a rat in Sand Blue. Ratatouille, anyone?

Why the snake from series 13 is not that used or reused ? I was so excited by this new mold and then nothing but the Build-A-Minifig in Store. I though it would have been reused in Ninjago in 2016, even in 2017 but nada. Still nada in Jungle City. It is a question I often wonder, also for some other pieces like the Mr Incredible hair piece which could be reused in City or other themes.

But couldn't you build a bigger snake? I think lego won't make a big snake, for that same reason. 

1 hour ago, Borex said:

But couldn't you build a bigger snake? I think lego won't make a big snake, for that same reason. 

You could build most animals, but they look better in one piece when they are in minifig scale.. They made a basilisk for Harry Potter, so they could make another big snake as-well. It is more or less impossible to predict why Lego make some animal moulds, but not others and the reason for doing so. That's why it is so fun guessing :laugh: Until they make a big snake you are probably right :wink:

On 24.7.2017 at 10:35 AM, paupadros said:

I've been dying for a gray pidgeon mould with light gray, sand blue and purply accents. So that's my bet!

Oh, and still hoping for a rat in Sand Blue. Ratatouille, anyone?

Personally I take pigeons over snakes any day  :tongue:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

You could build most animals, but they look better in one piece when they are in minifig scale.. They made a basilisk for Harry Potter, so they could make another big snake as-well. It is more or less impossible to predict why Lego make some animal moulds, but not others and the reason for doing so. That's why it is so fun guessing :laugh: Until they make a big snake you are probably right :wink:

Personally I take pigeons over snakes any day  :tongue:

Pigeons are also needed because they will bring so much more life to city lay-outs, or historic lay-outs. I really hope we'll get a pigeon in wings folded down, and folded out position. And a bird of prey.

I'll just put what I hope to see:

New:  Deer

Reuse:  Goat

I'm pretty excited about the big cats this year, and the mountain cat for next year.  There is also a bear, but no word on the color yet (I'm expecting black).  And I wouldn't be surprised to find a new mouse / rat mold with Series 18's Elephant Suit.

Edited by x105Black

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

And I wouldn't be surprised to find a new mouse / rat mold with Series 18's Elephant Suit.

Or a peanut.

No, with a series that has so much new moulds already (i guess there will be a lot of them), i'll expect the old mouse before a new one.

8 minutes ago, Borex said:

Or a peanut.

No, with a series that has so much new moulds already (i guess there will be a lot of them), i'll expect the old mouse before a new one.

That's a reasonable point.

35 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

There is an orca whale in the big set..

A killer whale in next years summer Arctic/Antarctic wave :wacko: