Sign in to follow this  
Immo

Belly Tank Speeder "No.6" - 42059 C-Model

42059 alternative model. Uses all parts from the set (exl. spares). No functions whatsoever except for inherited pull-back motor and quite pleasing looks. It showcases the "40 years" part nicely.
It's a rear-engined landspeed hot rod, inspired mostly by "belly tanks". Looks better with lower profile front tires borrowed from 42046 Getaway Racer (last pic). Bonus: can be used with minifigs!

LXF FILE - I might have missed something. The model SHOULD USE ALL PARTS from the by the A-model. If there are any leftovers, please inform me. The pink parts obviously represent the pull-back motor. The bit that sticks out in the front should of course be rotated as in the pictures - LDD won't allow you to do so.

FLQ.png

RLQ.png

With better tire setup:
TIRE.png

Looks very good for a C-Model, nice idea to use all the parts from the A-Model, every time I build a C-model I always put the spare parts aside then manage to use them so I can't build the A-Model again without searching for the original parts. I bet this sill solve the problem :wink:

11 minutes ago, JJ2 said:

Looks very good for a C-Model

Thanks! :sweet:

11 minutes ago, JJ2 said:

nice idea to use all the parts from the A-Model, every time I build a C-model I always put the spare parts aside then manage to use them so I can't build the A-Model again without searching for the original parts. I bet this sill solve the problem :wink:

It's easy when you build C-Models of smaller sets :wink: Did the same with 42046's C-Model (henceforth it has those six "spikes" on both sides of the front segment):
14645566021_DISPLAY.jpg

Edited by Immo

800x800.jpg

I got this set today for my birthday and I didn't really care for the model so I made an C-model very familiar to that belly tank vehicle. First time attempting to put photos on here so mite be big. 

Was suppose to be a hot rod but I didn't have the right parts so it looks a little funny. It looks like a front of a weird car and the back of a hot rod. I'll make instructions and post them on rebrickable if any of you want.

To bad the set doesn't have any trans red lights it really needs them :(.

Edited by The Vooduist
Picts are on the bottom

1 hour ago, Milan said:

@The Vooduist Please take care of size of your pictures. Max size allowed is 1024x768. Please reupload in proper size :thumbup:

Same for the first post.

My iPhone can do 3:2 that's the smallest I can go still won't work..... guess I'll try the computer next. Sorry for the inconvenience.

13 hours ago, Milan said:

@The Vooduist

If you don't make it to work, let me know and I will resize them and set them here for you.

7 hours ago, LvdH said:

@The Vooduist Bricksafe allows you to choose a smaller photo. I think the smallest it allows is 800x600 which is fine to use here :classic:.

Thanks for the help! Here's the photos are Hopefully the correct size.

800x800.jpg800x800.jpg800x800.jpg800x800.jpg

Edited by The Vooduist