Sign in to follow this  
Nuju Metru

Rukoyu Imperial Dragon

32452202006_8eb0b1b2ea_z.jpg

The Emperor's personal mount in battle, Rukoyu, is a golden serpent of the air and the most powerful dragon in Japan. Defeat those pesky Yokai warriors!

32114236450_f3c44db957_z.jpg

31649348204_76773c3d77_n.jpg32341013102_61ab1b9f1c_n.jpg

Find more images on my Flickr. Thank you for looking!

Awesome dragon! I love its majestic mane and mustache and scaly body. Your dragon creations are always very inspiring.

The good and evil soldiers have a lot of character. Even though I recognize where most of the parts come from, they don't just feel like transplants from another theme.

I wonder if it would be possible to make the ladder more like the one in 6863. That way it could probably be rolled up against the dragon's side when not in use, and wouldn't hang at a fixed angle like the single-piece ladder does.

Edited by Aanchir

On 1/27/2017 at 10:33 AM, Aanchir said:

Awesome dragon! I love its majestic mane and mustache and scaly body. Your dragon creations are always very inspiring.

The good and evil soldiers have a lot of character. Even though I recognize where most of the parts come from, they don't just feel like transplants from another theme.

I wonder if it would be possible to make the ladder more like the one in 6863. That way it could probably be rolled up against the dragon's side when not in use, and wouldn't hang at a fixed angle like the single-piece ladder does.

I'm glad to hear that the soldiers don't feel too much like those of an extant LEGO theme-- that was something I worried about, and tried to avoid to the best of my abilities! As for the flexible ladder, I like that idea. I may implement it on my next dragon!