Sign in to follow this  
kaiju

[SR - MRCA Nov/Dec '616] A Ghost of a Chance

With both the Mirthless Jest and Maiden of the Deep captured, their captains - Jacqueline "Jack" Yharnam and Elspeth Harrow - were handed over to Eslandolan officials to face justice.

ghostchance_07.jpg

However...

Somewhere in an Eslandolan office...

“Let me get this straight. We captured two notorious pirates, who were to be hung by the neck until dead this morning. And instead, when your best men went to retrieve said pirates from the gaol, they found their cells empty.”

ghostchance_25.jpg

“Yes sir.”

“And you have no explanation?”

“No reasonable explanation, sir.”

“Alright, what’s the unreasonable one?”

“When we found Captain Yharnam’s cell empty, the prisoner in the cell adjacent was terrified. He told us of a story he had heard; that Jacqueline Yharnam had received the black spot and cut off her hand in order to escape the curse it supposedly comes with. This, according to the prisoner, left her trapped between the living and the dead.”

“Superstitious nonsense.”

“That’s what the prisoner believed, until last night. Apparently, shortly after sundown she underwent some kind of transformation that left her less than corporeal.”

ghostchance_16.jpg

“Less than… what, she turned into a ghost and walked out?”

ghostchance_18.jpg

ghostchance_22.jpg

“That is what the prisoner claims to have seen, sir.”

“I take it there’s some equally preposterous excuse for the escape of the other one.”

“Not as such, sir.”

“No?”

ghostchance_32.jpg

“Elspeth Harrow severely injured, mained or killed a dozen of our soldiers before being subdued sufficiently to incarcerate. She was manacled, chained by the ankle, masked to prevent biting and locked up in the deepest hole we could find for her. There are no available witnesses to her escape, but we believe Miss Yharnam helped her escape. We found the chain unfastened and discarded manacles, along with a trail of bodies leading to a missing ship.”

ghostchance_36.jpg

ghostchance_42.jpg

“So not only did we fail to execute or even contain them, these pirates are now at large again?”

“Yes, sir.”

Spoiler

And some clean shots of the build and certain minifigs.

ghostchance_50.jpg

ghostchance_28.jpg

ghostchance_29.jpg

ghostchance_44.jpg

ghostchance_46.jpg

Nice eerie story and simple jail MOC Kaiju .  I think you have easily overtaken Meloche on the supernatural front, between this and the Lost Soul's Tide.  Yahrnam's transformed minifig is brilliant!

@Kwatchi thanks.  I was debating with myself whether or not to go with this until I saw your MRCA results post.  As for Jack Yharnam's ghostly form, I put it together quite a while ago and have been looking for an excuse to use it.

Good pirate/ghost story (and ghost minifig)! I also like how the torso and dress pieces for Capt Yharnam actually seem to belong together. And the uneven bricks at the right side of the fifth pic does a nice job off representing that there's more to the jail than you've built.

Excellent MRCA result build. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, SodorBricks said:

Great story love the paranormal powers the captain has!

Thank you.

28 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Good pirate/ghost story (and ghost minifig)! I also like how the torso and dress pieces for Capt Yharnam actually seem to belong together. And the uneven bricks at the right side of the fifth pic does a nice job off representing that there's more to the jail than you've built.

Excellent MRCA result build. :thumbup:

Thanks.  The approach to the wall edges started off with a previous build in which I discovered I didn't have enough 1x1 bricks in the necessary colour to finish the walls neatly.  I decided I liked how it looked and used the style again for this.

Interesting mythical build, Kaiju! It's nice to see this aspect presented a bit more!

3 hours ago, Bregir said:

Interesting mythical build, Kaiju! It's nice to see this aspect presented a bit more!

Thank you.

On 1/16/2017 at 8:02 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Great idea!

Thank you.

2 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

nice idea! as cpt wolf said, that torso is really fitting with that dress!!

Thanks.  It's Wild West Wyldstyle's skirt piece from the Lego Movie CMFs.