Sign in to follow this  
Alfadas

-Book ll Challenge V Category A: Riders of Historica- Alliance side

Hrolf shivered. Even this far south there was snow. It didn't help he only wore a tunic with a hood. As he was going south, he figured he didn't need warm clothes. Never has he been so wrong. Riding a horse, for 3 days strait now, only resting to let the horse drink and eat, and he still had a long way to go. He had to deliver his message to Alfadas, his lord. Alfadas had to know about this. The true heir to the king was found! 

"Get him! We can't let another one escape!"
Hrolf suddenly woke up from his day dreams, only to see a couple of soldiers chasing him, trying to steal his message. Hrolf hurried his horse to a fast gallop, leaving the soldiers in his dust. 

32018822401_c4bb05cf27_c.jpg

31762272590_45b9e743a9_c.jpg

Little did Hrolf know, he was only a distraction. He had a letter, yes, but nothing of importance was written in it. The real message was safely stowed beneath the goods of a wine merchant. 

Edited by Alfadas
fixing typos

Great idea to use him as a distraction! I also really like the water-technique, nice job overall :thumbup:

1 hour ago, TitusV said:

Great idea to use him as a distraction! I also really like the water-technique, nice job overall :thumbup:

thanks! The water was the main focus of this MOC, glad you like it!

Nice entry quite early, Alfadas!

The simple water and shore are nicely built!  I like the little bits of snow and the use of the olive stalks.  The action of the scene is very fitting for this challenge category.  The idea of a decoy message is great!  Does this mean that we will be seeing a build of the wine merchant with the real message?
The cheese slope waves might look better flipped around, as waves usually seem to crest towards the shore rather than away, but this is a very minor detail.  They still look good as they are.

11 minutes ago, Slegengr said:

Nice entry quite early, Alfadas!

The simple water and shore are nicely built!  I like the little bits of snow and the use of the olive stalks.  The action of the scene is very fitting for this challenge category.  The idea of a decoy message is great!  Does this mean that we will be seeing a build of the wine merchant with the real message?
The cheese slope waves might look better flipped around, as waves usually seem to crest towards the shore rather than away, but this is a very minor detail.  They still look good as they are.

Thanks very much! 

Well, I could make a freebuild with the wine merchant, but I'm going to focus on the other categories first. 

also thanks for the tip on the waves, will keep it in mind for the next time I "build" water. 

I think this is one of your better landscapes :thumbup: The ground is pretty nicely detailed with the pebbles, plants, and bits of snow. Good water too, though the shore edges could be less straight :classic:

Very nice scene and clever plan! I also like what you did with the slope pieces for the waves and the terrain has a good balance of colors and details that capture that shore look. 

On 1/6/2017 at 9:01 PM, en_zoo said:

hehe nice the idea of the decoy. and lovely vignette too ^^

Thanks!

6 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

I think this is one of your better landscapes :thumbup: The ground is pretty nicely detailed with the pebbles, plants, and bits of snow. Good water too, though the shore edges could be less straight :classic:

Thanks! Yeah, I know the edge could be more natural, but I have to make another Bricklink order for that, don't have that many small dark tan plates. But that'll have to wait for a bit, as I spend way to much on Lego this past month... :grin:

4 hours ago, Windusky said:

Very nice story! I like that wave technique. 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Merc4Hire said:

Very nice scene and clever plan! I also like what you did with the slope pieces for the waves and the terrain has a good balance of colors and details that capture that shore look. 

Thank you! 

Very nice Vignette !

The shore and water are quite good.

The idea of a decoy is great ! Good story !

Good entry !

1 hour ago, Faladrin said:

Very nice Vignette !

The shore and water are quite good.

The idea of a decoy is great ! Good story !

Good entry !

Thank you!

10 hours ago, LittleJohn said:

Nice landscape, Alfadas :thumbup: The water is excellent, and I like the bits of rock and occasional grass stalks :classic:

Thank you!