kc2dc

Assembly Square construction site

So, I'm having to do some major re configuring to make room for Assembly Square.  It's forcing me to start working on my tunnel project which will create some real estate for smaller single family homes once the entire tunnel is complete.

Because assembly square a base plate and a half, I'm relocating the residential half of the Pet Shop modular.  It was already split up from the pest shop.  Hopefully, I will finish the tunnel behind Assembly Spare at least.  the major part of the tunnel which will have houses on top is further down and will be added later.

Here are some photos of the location.  The tall building under construction next door will be coming down soon and a new better designed high rise will go up there.

235808964_HDR.jpg

240055090_HDR.jpg

240119178_HDR.jpg

240134061_HDR.jpg

240145172_HDR.jpg

240239486_HDR.jpg

Very cool! I am looking forward to seeing your Asembly Square in there. I am also looking forward to my Assembly Square, but I have no idea where it s going.

Andy D

Nice idea indeed :)

I would do something like that too if I had a permanent city display

6 hours ago, Venunder said:

Is that Petshop Brownstone apartment delayed or cancelled? 

The construction site is a Great idea. :thumbup:

The Brownstone will be complete right before Assembly Square haha.

14 hours ago, Andy D said:

Very cool! I am looking forward to seeing your Asembly Square in there. I am also looking forward to my Assembly Square, but I have no idea where it s going.

Andy D

I didn't know either, I keep thinking there is no way I can make something new fit, but I always find a way.

If anybody is interested...

My son and I are still making room for the assembly square building.  So we have started building a tunnel on the back side of the city.  Here is the first portion of it.  We relocated the windmills to free up some space for other things.

Great video! So many nice details. :thumbup:

Have a look at my setup, you may find some inspirations and ideas. I have build the monorail track both in front and back of the city. It still takes up alot of space but I just can`t justify to not have it in. I`ll recommend you too to put the monorail track to the backside of the tunnel/mountain. That will free alot of space in front for buildings.

http://www.instagram.com/chilis_no

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLt1KXIADoy/?taken-by=chilis_no

Edited by Chilis

Really neat idea, but you might wanna prepare for more space than that.  The new modular uses 1 32x32 and 1 16x32 for the base (overall its going to be 48wide and 32 deep)

Very cool! I did this last year waiting for Brick Bank. I don't have the room right now, unless I did a fairly good sized overhaul. I plan on crossing that bridge when I get to it. My town's a bit of a mess at the moment. 

On 12/29/2016 at 0:26 PM, Chilis said:

Great video! So many nice details. :thumbup:

Have a look at my setup, you may find some inspirations and ideas. I have build the monorail track both in front and back of the city. It still takes up alot of space but I just can`t justify to not have it in. I`ll recommend you too to put the monorail track to the backside of the tunnel/mountain. That will free alot of space in front for buildings.

http://www.instagram.com/chilis_no

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLt1KXIADoy/?taken-by=chilis_no

Wow, you have quite a following on instagram a nice layout.  The good thing about the monorail is it can be elevated and out of the way for the most part.

15 hours ago, ncx said:

Really neat idea, but you might wanna prepare for more space than that.  The new modular uses 1 32x32 and 1 16x32 for the base (overall its going to be 48wide and 32 deep)

Yea, there is room.  I have cleared space for two full 32x32 plates.  That's why I moved one of the apartments to the site so the space left will be the 48x32.

Thanks for the feedback and comments, It helps a lot.

That looks great!
A very original implementation, with lots of nice details.
That half-finished building to the left of the crane looks terrific.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

Well, here is the last video for Assembly Square.  I think it turned out great.  This will be the first modular that I buy two of for sure.

Edited by kc2dc