Realshow

What future LEGO Movies would you like to see happen?

The Lego Movie was WAG's (Warner Animation Group) first film after its founding the previous year. WAG is currently  responsible for WB's feature animated films. Given Looney Toons is what WB is best known for as far as animation goes, wouldn't a Looney Toons/Lego crossover film be perfect for honoring these two franchises which have started each of these endeavors ( Warner animation overall and WAG, respectively). A Lego Looney Toons Movie could span a cartoon animated/real world/Lego multiverse much like Space Jam and 2006's Looney Toons: Back in Action did between the real and animated universe. I'm surprised WAG does not have any plans for the Looney Toons franchise, instead focusing on a Hanna Barbara shared universe.

On 06/05/2017 at 4:01 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

The Lego Movie was WAG's (Warner Animation Group) first film after its founding the previous year. WAG is currently  responsible for WB's feature animated films. Given Looney Toons is what WB is best known for as far as animation goes, wouldn't a Looney Toons/Lego crossover film be perfect for honoring these two franchises which have started each of these endeavors ( Warner animation overall and WAG, respectively). A Lego Looney Toons Movie could span a cartoon animated/real world/Lego multiverse much like Space Jam and 2006's Looney Toons: Back in Action did between the real and animated universe. I'm surprised WAG does not have any plans for the Looney Toons franchise, instead focusing on a Hanna Barbara shared universe.

It's Looney Tunes, not Looney Toons.

On 5/12/2017 at 10:31 AM, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

This'll probably never happen, but I would love a LEGO Avengers Movie, with the same overblown, exaggerated design as TLBM.

As would I. That, or a Lego Star Wars movie in the same tone, but I don't think it's even possible. Maybe Disney would be able to allow certain Marvel or Star Wars characters to fill supporting roles like Batman did in The Lego Movie, given that they already OK'd the Millenium Falcon showing up and Iron Man being mentioned in the two films. 

5 hours ago, saysonder said:

As would I. That, or a Lego Star Wars movie in the same tone, but I don't think it's even possible. Maybe Disney would be able to allow certain Marvel or Star Wars characters to fill supporting roles like Batman did in The Lego Movie, given that they already OK'd the Millenium Falcon showing up and Iron Man being mentioned in the two films. 

I've read multiple suggestions for a Lego Star Wars movie on this thread, and I've never really pondered how such a movie could work. But thinking about it now, I think I've got a rough idea of a synopsis. Perhaps the film could focus on a Emmet-like nobody living on Tatooine in Mos Eisley who inadvertently bumps into Luke, Obi Wan, Han, and the others and throws off the events of the entire original trilogy in a wild series of misadventures. The movie would essentially be a wacky, altered, sped-up take on the the original movies with many unexpected, absurd twists and turns.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I've read multiple suggestions for a Lego Star Wars movie on this thread, and I've never really pondered how such a movie could work. But thinking about it now, I think I've got a rough idea of a synopsis. Perhaps the film could focus on a Emmet-like nobody living on Tatooine in Mos Eisley who inadvertently bumps into Luke, Obi Wan, Han, and the others and throws off the events of the entire original trilogy in a wild series of misadventures. The movie would essentially be a wacky, altered, sped-up take on the the original movies with many unexpected, absurd twists and turns.

sounds like a rehash of Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures

On 7/13/2017 at 8:27 AM, Savage Oppress said:

sounds like a rehash of Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures

It is? Well, okay then, I'm not that familiar with the show myself. :shrug_oh_well:

So @Savage Oppress, if you were to hypothesize, what do you think a cinematic Lego Star Wars movie would look like? Might be the start of an interesting discussion. :classic:

29 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

It is? Well, okay then, I'm not that familiar with the show myself. :shrug_oh_well:

So @Savage Oppress, if you were to hypothesize, what do you think a cinematic Lego Star Wars movie would look like? Might be the start of an interesting discussion. :classic:

if Lucasfilm allows them, I was thinking of Kylo Ren teaming up with Darth Vader and Rey would have to team up with Luke Skywalker to defeat them. Kylo Ren would brainwash Darth Vader with an advanced Sith force power that Snoke taught him.

Seeing Spider-Man Homecoming has increased my desire for a Lego Friends Movie as a high school comedy. Maybe after TLM2...

After The LEGO Ninjago Movie, I'd like to see The LEGO Legends of Chima Movie happen. I know this may never happen since Legends of Chima has since been discontinued, but it'd be interesting to see. Maybe have it feature Dinosaur tribes as the enemies of our heroes?

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

I'm sure I read somewhere about rumours (today) of a possible Lego Marvel Movie and Lego Star Wars Movie?

Wait...WHAT?!

Was this something suggested at the TLNM Comic Con panel? :oh3:

12 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Wait...WHAT?!

Was this something suggested at the TLNM Comic Con panel? :oh3:

11 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

There's no way that could exist.

Right?

I am 100% sure I saw it in my email from my Lego news site email subscription. I'll do some digging, *winks at Digger of Bricks*

If it is true (let's not get ahead of ourselves) it would be awesome to see a reference to Batman's Bat-cave password which is "Ironman sucks" :laugh: 

Edited by J4ck

1 minute ago, J4ck said:

I am 100% sure I saw it in my email from my Lego news site email subscription. I'll do some digging, *winks at Digger of Bricks*

If it is true (let's not get ahead of ourselves) it would be awesome to see a reference to Batman's Bat-cave password which is "Ironman sucks" :laugh: 

So which news site are you subscribing to?

2 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So which news site are you subscribing to?

Brickset and The Brick Fan but I checked both of these as well as my friend checking Reddit, nothing. I could have scrolled passed it on the news sites but I'll dig through my emails in a bit.

On 12/2/2016 at 0:05 PM, Murdoch17 said:

I want an Adventurers themed movie with a bunch of insane models and crazy bad guys. Basically, I'm hoping beyond hope the "Billion Brick Race" movie is something akin to The Great Race or Monte Carlo or Bust! or even Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines so we have 1900  -1930's vehicles all clambering to get the prize..... whatever it is!

I'm really itching to hear what this The Billion Brick Race movie is all about and who it will feature. Will it be characters from the preceding cinematic movies, all new characters, characters from old themes not yet represented in prior films, or a combination? :shrug_confused:

Well, as far as an Adventurers movie goes, I at first dismissed the idea as not really a possibility; but come to think of it, perhaps such a film could be done. As opposed to simply titling the film "The Lego Adventurers Movie", maybe instead its title would be something along the vein of " Lego's Johnny Thunder and the Peril of Count Ogel". A title like that would communicate to general audiences that this Lego's take on the globetrotting, archaeological Indiana Jones adventure genre, since a title calling back the name of the film's source material would be too vague and obscure of a reference for most movie-goers.

On a side note, if WB actually went forward with such a movie, it would be great if they could voice cast Australian actor Hugh Jackman as Johnny Thunder, which would be a most appropriate choice! :sweet:

On 19/08/2017 at 7:42 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, as far as an Adventurers movie goes, I at first dismissed the idea as not really a possibility; but come to think of it, perhaps such a film could be done. As opposed to simply titling the film "The Lego Adventurers Movie", maybe instead its title would be something along the vein of " Lego's Johnny Thunder and the Peril of Count Ogel". A title like that would communicate to general audiences that this Lego's take on the globetrotting, archaeological Indiana Jones adventure genre, since a title calling back the name of the film's source material would be too vague and obscure of a reference for most movie-goers.

A Lego Johnny Thunder movie in the style of an Indiana Jones Movie would be an amazing Idea. It would also give Lego an excuse to give us lots of Adventures Sets :grin:

On 8/20/2017 at 3:04 PM, Tariq j said:

A Lego Johnny Thunder movie in the style of an Indiana Jones Movie would be an amazing Idea. It would also give Lego an excuse to give us lots of Adventures Sets :grin:

I agree with everyone on here saying this. The Adventurers could all get modernized versions of their classic prints, like Johnny Thunder did in one Lego Movie set, and it could be a completely original globetrotting quest. I would be soooooo down for it.

Alpha Team could also be fun to bring back.

I would like to see a LEGO time travel movie, like a comedy starring two teenage bois boys going thru time trying to find their way home.

Edited by Hart New Bob

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's a quirky idea, what do you think a Christmas themed Lego movie would look like? :shrug_oh_well:

I don't know if it would have potential as a full movie, but ever since The Lego Movie came out I've been kind of hoping for a shorter Christmas special with those characters. President Business is certainly Scrooge-ish enough to go in a sort of Christmas Carol direction, if they so chose. And I've had some other, isolated ideas related to that... for instance, using a pine tree-shaped car air freshener "relic" as a Christmas tree.

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's a quirky idea, what do you think a Christmas themed Lego movie would look like? :shrug_oh_well:

Like @Lyichir, I could definitely see a The Lego Movie Holiday Special happening. Maybe the plot could be a Toy Story type situation where Finn gets some new sets for Christmas and Emmett and the gang have to get used to the new minifigures in Bricksburg. At first they don't get along and a little battle ensues, but in the end they learn to settle their differences and live in harmony in the spirit of the holidays as Lego Santa flies over Bricksburg.

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I've had some other, isolated ideas related to that... for instance, using a pine tree-shaped car air freshener "relic" as a Christmas tree.

I like that idea. Of course it would be named the Tree of Aeer-Freshn-Arr. Maybe it could be like The Nightmare Before Christmas where the minifigs have never heard of Christmas before and the discovery of this relic is what introduces them to it. The special would be about them trying to figure out what Christmas is as everyone has their own idea of what it is about, all of which are hilariously wrong. Wyldstyle thinks it's all about decorating, Unikitty thinks it's all about the food and candy, Batman thinks it's about everyone giving gifts to Batman, etc. But in the end they all learn the true meaning of Christmas.

While I love A Christmas Carol, I feel that story is overdone at this point, but I guess a Lego Movie version of it could work. One of the ghosts that would visit President Business would have to be Vitruvius. :grin:

There are so many different ways this could go. I hope they make such a special at some point!

On 13/09/2017 at 11:58 PM, Hart New Bob said:

I would like to see a LEGO time travel movie, like a comedy starring two teenage bois boys going thru time trying to find their way home.

Or a LEGO Doctor Who movie, starring a certain internet-destroyingly awesome woman called Jodie Whittaker. 

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

2 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Or a LEGO Doctor Who movie, starring a certain internet-destroyingly awesome woman called Jodie Whittaker. 

Sigh.