Sign in to follow this  
Zarkan

Super Smash Brothers

Pacman would be amazing :wub: Not that I don't believe you, but is there any other proof besides Galaga and Rally-X being present?

I think some higher up said they were willing to make it happen (wasn't Sakurai), but that's all.

I think some higher up said they were willing to make it happen (wasn't Sakurai), but that's all.

Hmm alright thanks for the response J2G! I'll be crossing my finger until the release :thumbup:

About Pac-Man...

Pac-man isn't exactly, shall we say, "Smash Material." A majority of the Pac-man series games are the typical top down classic style we've come to love.

The more 3D route Pac-man took wasn't exactly more varied. In fact most of his abilities in the 3D games were the same as the 2D games.

With a combination of punches, bytes, and power-ups, he could definitely pull off the Kirby clone (various Ghostly Adventures power ups, I'm looking at you). But that's just it. This game is one of the most varied Smash games to date. Clones (a la Ness* and Lucas*) are certainly not in the plan this time.**

Namco-Bandai also doesn't have many characters that have a major presence in recent years of gaming*** that exist outside of their fighting titles, besides, due to it's rabbid fanbase, Klonoa. They may pull a Pit again (Kid Icarus revival) with Klonoa, but, if I may be frank, Namco-Bandai really doesn't need to have a character in the game at all. Sakurai himself said that the developers get no special treatment for collaborating for this game, also.

*I'm not shutting out either Ness or Lucas of returning. Due to his 3 smash history, Ness is the least likely of the two to get changed, and Lucas has plenty of variation in his games (Mother) for a complete overhaul. Then again, Lucas may just be a Ness skin (much akin to the Male and Female Wii Fit Trainers) which I'm sure we all wouldn't mind. That, however is still for Sakurai to decide, seeing that some characters are susceptible to being cut from the game entirely.

**Samus/Zero Suit and Zelda/Sheik are not clones. Just an FYI :grin:

***Classic Pac-man is a cult classic and will always be applied as a game worthy of the modern gamer. His most recent adventures, however, have not been very popular, and doesn't have as much of a presence as, say Mario. (I have discussed Pac-man's potential with some friends and they had no idea that they were still making new Pac-man games, for instance)

-

On a less debate worthy note, and considering that this is an all Smash Bros. thread:

Which characters do you prefer to use in Brawl?

I personally main with Pit, but I also play Meta Knight, Ike, Samus/Zero Suit and Kirby.

I mainly use Peach. Even in Melee, I find I work best with Peach. She's a little floaty, but once you've got opponents in the air, they're done for. :grin:

In Brawl I often found myself using Link or Toon Link, but I also liked to used Meta Knight quite a lot too. I'd be disappointed if Meta Knight was included in this latest Smash Bros game. Whatever happens, this time will be completely different to Brawl, in that I will be playing this Smash Bros on 3DS rather than Wii U.

I used to utterly crush everyone I knew with Ike. But I got bored of it, so I started experimenting with other characters...I can't say I'm very good with him anymore. :blush: Recently I've found myself to be pretty good with Snake, Lucario, and Ganondorf.

Edited by CallMePie

Link's been my character since the beginning. It's probably because he's in my favorite video game and he's my favorite video game character of all time.

It's interesting to see the gameplay change from the original to brawl. Link used to be slow and heavy with a quick spinning sword attack. Now he's quite the opposite.

Getting addicted to rumors and theories. Gotta step away :P. It's useless to speculate and listen to rumors until there's something confirmed which probably won't happen until release. Feel like I'm wasting time. :P

I always play as Pikachu, Meta Knight, Yoshi, or Lucario. I like to troll my friends with Thunderbolt and also turning them into eggs :grin:

Is there any information out there regarding how similar gameplay on Smash Bros 4 will be to gameplay in Brawl? I don't suppose it's likely that they will change very much in terms of overall gameplay, but I'm concerned that how certain characters work in this Smash Bros will be different to how it was in Brawl.

Is there any information out there regarding how similar gameplay on Smash Bros 4 will be to gameplay in Brawl? I don't suppose it's likely that they will change very much in terms of overall gameplay, but I'm concerned that how certain characters work in this Smash Bros will be different to how it was in Brawl.

There have been moderate changes to some whereas others have been updated with plenty of altered moves. (i.e. Zelda and Pit respectively)

You can catch some good looks at some of the characters new moves and such in the Nintendo Direct that I linked to on the previous page. The other videos there are from the channel "Gamexplain" that, as of recent, has been growing in popularity due to its many Smash Bros character analyses, as well as weekly coverage of the week's Daily Pics from Miiverse.

So, what do you guys think of all the E3 Smash news?

And, Miis are in.

I'm SO happy we're getting Pac-Man in his best appearance! Not that crappy reboot look. Better yet, we're getting Pac-Land stages and references! I friggin' LOVE Pac-Land, and think it's pretty darn under-appreciated. This is so awesome!

All hail the Goddess of Light!

I jumped up in my seat when she was revealed.

The Miis cover the wants for Reggie Fils-Aime and Satoru Iwata, which... was a funny concept to start with, actually! (Watch the start of the Nintendo Digital Event).

I was really hating on Pac-man, as I didn't know how in the world they would make him work (and the fact that he would have use his "Ghostly Adventures" design...)

I was so wrong...

I was so darn wrong!!

I'm actually excited to play him! Using his classic design is like a love letter!

I'm too hyped! I've already fully pre-ordered the Wii U version!

I'm actually really liking that they added Pacman. Hoping Ganondorf and Falco and others are still in the game though.

Hoping Ganondorf and Falco and others are still in the game though.

I'm still hoping for Wario and Ness!

Pacman was a great surprise! I would have never thought they would let Pacman in a game like this but I'm not complaining. Bring it on!

I almost screamed when Palutena was revealed, pretty happy about Pac-man too, though I probably would've chosen someone else over him...

And the new fighter is...

Lucina, Robin, and... Captain Falcon? :sweet:

Edited by Lego Spy

And the new fighter is...

Lucina, Robin, and... Captain Falcon? :sweet:

Ugh. Lucina and Robin? What the heck? That's four Fire Emblem characters! I would have just left it at Marth and a new one (Robin, as he/she is a mage). But four.... that's taking up space for some other franchises! Same with Rosalina and Lucario, so yeah. :grin:

Edited by just2good

Oh yeah, I wasn't completely sure at first, but Captain Falcon is confirmed playable.

It also looks like Chrom will be an assist trophy.

It also looks like Chrom will be an assist trophy.

I think Chrom appears in Lucina's final smash.

I think Chrom appears in Lucina's final smash.

Oh yeah, I think you got the final smash part right, but that sure looks like Robin alongside Chrom. :wink:

And here's the trailer for anyone who wants to see it from here ( :shrug_oh_well: ):

(I'm not sure why removing the "#t=153" from the URL makes it embed properly, but that's a thing. :tongue:)

Edited by Lego Spy

Here's the video.

So many Falcons (Falchions if you prefer :tongue: ). Yay! for the return of my N64 Smash main!

In case some of you haven't noticed, Lucina is a Marth skin. Notice how she isn't labeled as a Newcomer, and how every single one of her moves is identical to Marth's (Marth in Smash 4 is identical to his Brawl version). Not convinced that this skin is possible? I'd like to direct you to the alternate gender skins for Robin and Wii Fit Trainer.

Robin is a nice inclusion, and the least likely of characters I would have expected to see revealed today. It appears that he has different types of tomes (a la Olimar's Pikmin). The Leven also only appears to activate when his tome abilities are inactive.

Chrom is still a mystery I'm afraid.

If you notice, he attacks very similar to Ike's Great Aether, however Robin somehow automatically joins in. It's possible we're getting a tease of another completely new character similar to the Mr. Game & Watch tease at the end of the Pac-Man reveal (He may have a Final Smash that targets a single character, but also calls in the other characters he hasn't targeted to help him do more damage).

It is also highly likely that he is an Assist Trophy that does what I mentioned above.

Also near the end of Fire Emblem: Awakening (don't worry, no spoilers) Robin and Chrom are very close. Chrom may simply be summoned whenever Robin's Final Smash is activated.

I'm sure that if we remain hawkeyed on Sakurai's Miiverse Posts, we'll get more information on Chrom specifically.

Speaking of Sakurai's Pic of the Days...

zlcfzskfcbgpao3izm.jpg

Sakurai's words exactly:

“In order to make Rayman’s trophy, we asked Ubisoft to share their references. We were expecting to receive 2D drawing references for Rayman, but to our surprise, they sent us data of a brand new 3D model that they rendered for this game!! And that was how this trophy was created. It takes a lot of work creating each model, so it’s wonderful that the creators contributed their own efforts!!”

Don't get your hopes up! Wonder Red from Wonderful 101 was also revealed to be a trophy, and being that new characters are revealed with a trailer, it just seems unlikely.

Edited by Penkid11

I'm kinda holding out for Meta Knight to come back, he was, and still is, my favorite nintendo character :sceptic:

A bit unlikely at this point, but hey, if Bionicle can come back, so can he :tongue: