Sign in to follow this  
Tezclatipoca

The Golden Apple Chase, Part I : The Ténotclaxcans, Chapter 01 : The Doctor's mission

The Golden Apple Chase, Part I : The Ténotclaxcans, Chapter 01 : The Doctor's mission

Previously :

Felipe de la Manzana is an Eslandian citizen who drove crazy exploring the deep jungle of Nellisa island. This adventure lead him to thought that Apple orchards could be less dangerous than the jungle. He brought his first mate and friend, Basil, to this insane idea and together, they developed orchards and apple industry inside the MAESTRO young trade company.

By chance, they encountered a castaway in a Nellisa beach while exploring. The man, named Juan de Hespérida, told them he stole a first half of a map showing the location of a Mythic Golden Apple, which can bring knowledge if eaten.

Felipe tryed to follow the map but the coordinates are not clear and it is said that the island where the apple grows is never at the same place on the sea. During such a research expedition,his first vessel, The Appleseed, sunk to the ocean and Felipe was the only one to survive, Juan was lost at sea. Basil was safe, because he did not took part at this trip. He had too much to do with the Natives they encountered in the new island of Berelli : The Ténotclaxcans !

Those natives told the 2 adventurers that they knew some strange stories about apples and about monkeys and turtles too. To make clear of this mix of legend and frighting stories, Felipe asked the help of a Corrington scientist, The Doctor Gellibrand.

Now, after being disturbed by some political changes in Eslandola, the 2 men are ready to follow their Quest.

Felipe managed to keep safe a copy of Juan de Hespérida map and the doctor settle a crew to live with the Ténotclaxcans.

Everything is ready to begin the Golden Apple Chase !

So, I am back to my story full of apples !

I made this little introduction to remind my old builds and to keep it as an intro to the real chase. The quest is really begining here !

The Doctor was quite happy this morning. His preparations have been done and one of his companions, miss Donna was already inside the camp they made along the Ténotclaxcan village.

So, the troop he selected was in march and passed through the market of elisabethtown. Pinya lead the march through the busy activity of the morning.

31070130932_6ddf8544e0_z.jpg

31070120472_c21445a8ee_z.jpg

The covered market was already full of food supplies and the merchants where already at work !

30392200344_e8694ffee3_z.jpg

30406193733_b392469950_z.jpg

31177803736_e875865d74_z.jpg

Then they passed along the houses along the road : some nice commercial slot have been made for some rich Eslandolans.

Here there where a cloth seller :

31177857086_c10f15cb2a_z.jpg

31213081015_dbc557d113_z.jpg

And there, a free fortune teller :

31213371285_170df38bbb_z.jpg

30845970180_1f0f893300_z.jpg

The Doctor remind the mission to Clara (Who tryed to avoid the pigs passing near her horse) :

- Be clear with our mission my dear. We are mainly observer here, we don't have to interfere with the Ténotclaxcans legends ! We must be attentive to their stories and after that we must try to scientifically rely them to something real. We could find the real position of the island Felipe is looking for. It is our top priority !

- Yes, Doctor, I know. I Know this is the first rule of your ethic moral : not to interfere with the natives. You already told me that.

And they got out of the buzzing city to join their companion into the jungle of Berelli.

31213025525_68355d6398_z.jpg

This MOC is the Main Market Place of Elisabethtown and was a part of my participation at the Brickmania event in Antwerp. I am letting MAESTRO using this build to be part of the Royal Commerce license they want to buy. it's a 64*64 studs modular build in 4 parts.

Thank you for reading !

Here are more pictures of the build istself :

A view from the side, without seing the Covered market :

30846197020_1abb0ab564_z.jpg

A view of the fountain :

31099427761_8873b52500_z.jpg

A view of some stands in front of the covered market :

31177696056_b114a4945a_z.jpg

31213227195_58b0d643b2_z.jpg

Edited by Faladrin

Very colorful layout Faladrin, the white and blue building is particularly nice! :thumbup:  I like all the activity going on too!

On 25 novembre 2016 at 0:28 PM, Kai NRG said:

Very colorful layout Faladrin, the white and blue building is particularly nice! :thumbup:  I like all the activity going on too!

Thank you very much for your support !

This white and blue house took me some time to accomplish a design I could be happy with ! Thank you again. :laugh:

Such a bustling scene!! I love it! Also a nice idea to use those hot-air-balloon parts as tents to one of your buildings!

Beautiful market scene! I'll echo blackdeathgr: the hot air balloon pieces as roof/awnings is great! The size and scope is fantastic, so much detail and minifig activity. The blue and white building is nicely done, with good use of arches and color. And the road itself has justthe right amount of surface detail. Excellent MOC! :thumbup: