Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

48 minutes ago, Catanas said:

You can never have too many Batgirls. Never.

Very true, especially considering the LEGO Batman Movie variant is so awesome, although I would have preferred something like the Soccer-Mum Batgirl or something similar during the dressing montage for Batgirl. I was hoping that the figure would be a villain they hadn't yet made, a batsuit, or a character dressed in white from the song at the end of the film.

That's a shame. There were so many minifigures we could have gotten with existing pieces instead of a near-exact repeat of one of the most common minifigs.

13 hours ago, just2good said:

Dunno if anyone said this, but the blu-ray promo is the exclusive Batgirl polybag.

Is it possible that there could be a "special edition" pack with a different fig (like The Lego Movie's combo pack featuring the original Vitruvius)? From what I had seen the Batgirl poly was just in a Target exclusive pack that might not be the be all and end all of special editions.

The Movie comes out digitally on May 19th and on Blu-Ray on June 13th in the US

Wonder what character it will be. Hopefully it's one we haven't gotten and it's not just a variation of another character.

Batsuit, villain, I'm not too picky what it is, so long as "exclusive" isn't a technicality. Entirely the same bar a facial expression would be a shame... again.

Perhaps there waiting to release the remaining villain figures in next year's sets, TLM had four tear two sets. Additionally there is that retail exclusive set that was announced in the toy fair press release.

Edited by Soupperson1

12 hours ago, Tahu23 said:

There will be a new exclusive minifigure?

"The LEGO Batman Movie Essential Collection – will include two books from the previous published The LEGO Batman Movie titles in one single pack but will also include an exclusive new Minifigure"

http://bricksfans.com/details-of-upcoming-lego-titles-from-dk-books/

Could it be the Easter Bunny Batsuit? We've seen it as a torch, but I don't think it's been released anywhere as a real minifig yet. I don't know if Lego's ever had a torch or keyring which wasn't also a minifig.

As happy as I am that there is another Batgirl variant. It just isn't interesting or different enough for me to like it. Like if it was one of the other Bat-merch variants, great! But if they insisted on using the same generic design then they could've given us a variant with the glowing yellow eyes. Then I'd be more excited!

I saw the movie again yesterday, and Batgirl still annoys me. She's in so many sets but only has like 10 minutes of screen time in the suit in the movie. And in the movie she's got the huge glowing yellow eyes that are absent in the sets. I feel like they could've given us variants like the Soccer Mom Batgirl suit with the DVD. 

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I saw the movie again yesterday, and Batgirl still annoys me. She's in so many sets but only has like 10 minutes of screen time in the suit in the movie. And in the movie she's got the huge glowing yellow eyes that are absent in the sets. I feel like they could've given us variants like the Soccer Mom Batgirl suit with the DVD. 

I am going to agree with what I think you were trying to say. Barbara Gordon appears throughout the movie, but not as Batgirl. I was surprised at how little time she spends dressed as the iconic character, and only one set gives us her detective outfit she wears throughout the majority of her appearance in the film. In fact, 

Spoiler

Alfred spends more time dressed up as Batman in the movie than Barbara spends as Batgirl. (I think ... at least that's what it felt like.)

I would have like to have her detective outfit, but it's only in the most expensive set of the line, and a store exclusive to boot, so they did disservice to her most common appearance in the film.

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I wanted Soccer Mom Batgirl aswell, or one of the characters in the white suits from the song at the end

Apologies, first time post, my six yr old son wants to spend up to c£100 of birthday money on Batman Lego (he loves DC and lego, loved the movie but liked the older dc Lego games and sets for a year or two before that). A couple of relatives already got him the penguin car and catwoman bike, and from earlier ranges he has maybe another three or so DC sets.

He looked at the movie Batcave but for quite a while has fancied the slightly older jokerland set, still available here & there (e.g. Ebay) for a similar price, do any devotees on here have any thoughts on which is better value for the money for building and play? In terms of complementing the other sets he has they're about equal.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by TFP

16 minutes ago, TFP said:

He looked at the movie Batcave but for quite a while has fancied the slightly older jokerland set, still available here & there (e.g. Ebay) for a similar price, do any devotees on here have any thoughts on which is better value for the money for building and play? In terms of complementing the other sets he has they're about equal.

I think the Jokerland set might be a bit better, especially since the Batcave is likely to be on shelves for longer. The Batcave itself isn't too good unless he really wants Bruce Wayne/Alfred/all those other Batsuit.

Hope this helps!

27 minutes ago, TFP said:

Apologies, first time post, my six yr old son wants to spend up to c£100 of birthday money on Batman Lego (he loves DC and lego, loved the movie but liked the older dc Lego games and sets for a year or two before that). A couple of relatives already got him the penguin car and catwoman bike, and from earlier ranges he has maybe another three or so DC sets.

Thanks in advance.

I would get Jokerland. It has a better selection of minifigures. Almost all of the teen titans in one set is really good. The build I think is better too.

I was actually just thinking today that I wish Jokerland had more of a 'build' and less play features, but I think the play features would be right up a six-year-old's alley, I'd go with that for sure if he's been eyeing it.

Plus, it's the only place a lot of the Teen Titans have shown up!

Jokerland, hands down. It's a little more toyetic, sure, but it's way more fun and with one of the best minifig collections in any one DC set.

Great, thks for the tips. I suppose that was probably my instinct too.