Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

I have one fundamental flaw with the batsuits. Most of them show flesh so the won't look good on the batsuit displayer in the batcave. I think only the fairy bat would work. That's a shame.

I quite like what somebody else on here did with their individual verdicts on each minifigure so I thought I'd do the same:

Orca - Pretty cool minifigure. Whether I get him depends on how much I like the character in the film.

Ballerina Batman - Absolutely hilarious. I can already picture what the scene from the film with that Batman variation probably looks like in my head.

Harley Quinn - Beautifully designed minifigure. 

Red Hood - Certainly...unique.

Joker - Strange facial expression but a strong resemblance to the Joker minifigure seen in the movie trailers.

Dressing Gown Batman - A must have. I think this will probably be Batman's most iconic outfit in the film bar the traditional bat suit.

Robin - YES! Don't have to buy a LEGO Batman Movie set to get Robin. Great news (although I might get a LBM Set anyway if there's one that represents something iconic from the movie). I'd rather have him in his Robin outfit but that minifigure comes with the LEGO Batman Movie Story Pack I plan on getting anyway).

Batgirl - See Robin.

Holiday Batman - Very fun design. Like the inflatable duck piece.

King Tut - Quite an inventive minifigure. Looks like a classic Batman type of villain.

Mime - Again, looks like a classic Batman villain. 

Zodiac Master - Looks like the least interesting minifigure to me.

Catman - A very cool-looking minifigure and an interesting variant on Batman.

Rabbit Girl -  Not the most interesting. I'll probably skip this one.

The Calculator - Looks very unique and suitably LEGO Movie-esque.

Commissioner Gordon - I like Commissioner Gordon but I have no desire to own him as a minifigure. I'd rather have Alfred.

Caveman Batman - Me like Caveman Batman. Me buy Caveman Batman. 

Barbara Gordon - Meh. Again, rather have Alfred.

The Eraser - A very funny minifigure. I never thought I'd see an evil pencil! 

Glam rock Batman - Very cool design. I imagine this is probably what Batman wears when he sings Untitled Self Portrait. 

I love this series! but my favs are Orca, Red Hood, March Harriet and Cat Man! Oh and of course Nurse Harley.:wub:

Edited by Master of Fear

10 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

I have one fundamental flaw with the batsuits. Most of them show flesh so the won't look good on the batsuit displayer in the batcave. I think only the fairy bat would work. That's a shame.

Yes, I figured that out too sadly. May have to pick up the Dimensions pack for the Excalibat since no skin on him showing. 

5 minutes ago, DarrellBricker said:

Just for the record, Orca is a "she," not a "he." I know it's hard to tell because Lego didn't give her lipstick like they normally do ... LOL 

I anxiously await their take on Jocasta on the Marvel side of things. 'Cause we all know how well LEGO makes robots feminine.

I definitely wanna get half of these and get the others for parts. My favorites have to be Robes Batman, Swimsuit Batman, Dick Grayson, James Gordon, Nurse Harley, and Red Hood. The Arkham jumpsuit is much appreciated to get multiples of, as well as those guns that Red Hood has. Red Hood's head looks a lot better for Jason Todd than the one they actually gave him in that killer croc set. Commissioner Gordon looks so cool, and that heavy metal Batman's cowl would look great for a custom George Clooney version.

The rubber duck floatation device is so well molded. I mean to make something look so much like rubber as it is in real life with the ridges and everything but its really all plastic takes a lot of skill. I expect to see the mold used in other places like Lego City pool sets or something. Maybe a set similar to fun in the park but at the beach instead? Or a Juniors set? 

I'm definitely getting Red Hood and Gordon. :wub:  I'm glad I won't need to spend a whole lot on getting the Jason Todd version since this one comes with his head as well. Gordon looks stunning (though I kind of wish his torso print was his trenchcoat, but it still looks great.)

Cx4NwG5VEAA_GBi.jpg:large

I just noticed, apparantly The Red Hood is one of the smaller folk. He's a little underscaled, made me chuckle. :P

Does anyone have a source for the version of Calculator's costume used in the CMF line. I've never seen him with a white helmet and bulky armour in anything I've seen/read :sceptic:

Great figures all around though I'll get the rogues first before any of the Bat costumes or variants :classic:

6 hours ago, Catanas said:

I stand by my 'Finallllyy' :P

Well there we go :wink:

These are all looking very, very nice. I may just end up getting them all. Now the REAL waiting begins!

I think that the vacation Batman might have the head from the Bruce Wayne figure. What we can see of the head looks very similiar, if not identical. So I think I'll probably be getting this one along with Commissioner Gordon, Lobster Batman, Red Hood, and Catman. 

A lot of people are getting confused and calling catman a variant of batman. I don't mean to be aggressive, but catman is a completely different character to batman. He is a villain who dresses similarly to batman, but he is not a variant of the batman. I really like his figure though and it is one of my favourites.

4 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

Finally, I can sleep peacefully.

Good; we were starting to worry about you.

These look soo good together. My faves are all the batman variants (except the ballerina perhaps :laugh:) And why do all the ladies have beauty spots? LOL. Barbara Gordon looks so much like Wildstyle, probably made by the same designer.

Edited by Otherworld

1 minute ago, robertgorman2505 said:

A lot of people are getting confused and calling catman a variant of batman. I don't mean to be aggressive, but catman is a completely different character to batman. He is a villain who dresses similarly to batman, but he is not a variant of the batman. I really like his figure though and it is one of my favourites.

You can see though why people who maybe aren't into comics that much could get confused. He is basically a recolored Batman :sceptic: I know it is accurate and like you I like the figure very much but again he is an obscure character who massively resembles Batman.

I understand that, I just wanted to inform them of the character as I think he's a great character who should be used more by dc. I do find it quite comedic that he closely resembles batman (even in the comics) and I love the use of that bat cowl in brown!

Edited by robertgorman2505

22 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Does anyone have a source for the version of Calculator's costume used in the CMF line. I've never seen him with a white helmet and bulky armour in anything I've seen/read :sceptic:

Great figures all around though I'll get the rogues first before any of the Bat costumes or variants :classic:

This is the closest thing I've found

ultraboy8888.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/tec_468_003.png

Edited by Quicksilver838

4 minutes ago, robertgorman2505 said:

I understand that, I just wanted to inform them of the character as I think he's a great character who should be used more by dc. I do find it quite comedic that he closely resembles batman (even in the comics) and I love the use of that bat cowl in brown!

Batmobile_1940.jpglatest?cb=20160621034920

Closely indeed! I very much preferred his Secret Six incarnation!