Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

I'm so glad the official line-up and picture are finally released! Overall I'm very happy. Love the bat-variants, even the goofy lobster-eating one and vacation Batman. Catman is great. Pink Batgirl is awesome! I don't know if Harley is officially "Nurse" Harley or "Dr." Harley. I mean, technically she is a psychiatrist which means she went to med school and has the degree. Seems weird that they would label her as a nurse, but whatever.

My only complaints are Orca and Prison Joker. I get why having a cheap way to get Prison Joker is a good thing for some, but to have only ONE repeat in the series seems weird and a waste to me. Some have suggested that his expression is different but even that's weird to me. And Orca bothers me because she doesn't look like an orca but like a black shark. I get why they reused the shark-guy's mold, but it just doesn't look right. Orcas are not sharks!

2 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Catman's head is perfect for adding stubble to Ben Affleck's BvS Batman.

Looks like skin as darker, as well as the neck etc being skin colored instead of black.

Disappointed with part of the Lobster Lovin' Batman, I was kind of hoping the bottom of the dressing gown would be like the skirt-ish piece we saw in the trailers

6 minutes ago, deskp said:

Looks like skin as darker, as well as the neck etc being skin colored instead of black.

We've been dealing with Batman with a darker skin color for a while lol but yeah the neck being flesh instead of black ruins it. :cry_sad:

Edit: with official pics now out I think I may need to pick up Harley as well. :blush:

Edited by Legocity2713

The series looks great. I hope the guy I buy the complete CMF-lines still is in business... Commissioner Gordon looks great!
Why the duplicate Arkham jumpsuit Joker though... Who's the shark btw, King Shark? 

Just now, Cammo said:

The series looks great. I hope the guy I buy the complete CMF-lines still is in business... Commissioner Gordon looks great!
Why the duplicate Arkham jumpsuit Joker though... Who's the shark btw, King Shark? 

The shark is Orca I believe

Never heard of Orca before. :sceptic: I first thought it was White Shark but it didn't match his comic appearance.

I'm a Batman fan but I must admit I haven't read that many comics... Did he ever show up in a tv-show or animated movie?

Edited by Cammo

Just now, Cammo said:

Never heard of Orca before. :sceptic: I first thought it was White Shark but it didn't match his comic appearance.

I'm a Batman fan but I must admit I haven't read that many comics... Did he ever show up in a tv-show or animated movie?

She only appeared twice if irc. Her origin story and the one in which she's killed under the orders of Great White Shark. Suffice to say she wasn't all that popular :sceptic:

I'm not supposed to  to complete the entire Batman CMF series but those minifigures are so good... I'm having difficulty deciding.

Helll yeah! My thoughts:

Barbara Gordon: A superb cop design, not bland like I would've expected another cop to be

Catman: One of my favorites here. Exactly like he appears in Secret Six!

Cave Batman: Clever and funny

Commissioner Gordon: Almost certainly inspired by his Arkham Asylum game look. Superb!

Dick Grayson: Cute, and quite a funny accessory

Fairy Batman: My top demanded Batsuit, and I am not disappointed! :D

Rocker Batman: I didn't realize I would like this one as much as I do! That cowl is stunning!

King Tut: A classic villain who will still look good alongside the modern villains

Bat-robe: Despite not being the cloth we saw in the trailers, still well-made, and of course will be popular for his lobster piece

March Harriet: I'm not blown away by her as much as many of the others, but she is exactly what she needs to be

Nurse Harley: Somewhat inspired by Arkham Asylum's costume (which itself is probably too scandalous for a direct adaptation into Lego), it's probably my fave TLBM Harley

Orca: Good use of preexisting parts, well-made

Pink Batgirl: Bright and fun

Red Hood: I don't like how much of the suit gets covered by the shoulder piece, but at least they printed a bow-tie on there to make up for it. I wonder if it's a Joker head underneath

Calculator: Another unexpected favorite. He's just so well made!

Eraser: His too narrow head creeps me out. How does his normal head fit in there???

Jumpsuit Joker: What the hell? It doesn't even look different than the jumpsuits in the set!

Mime: That's what she looks like, alright! I like the blue mohawk

Vacation Batman: Yeah, the swimgoggles cowl! And that duckie tube!

Zodiac Master: Looks great, as I expected, and the silver zodiac-gadgets are cool

I'll definitely get a full set, and probably my favorite CMF series ever! Hopefully we'll get another! Now I just have to hope Polka-Dot Man appears in a summer set!

1 minute ago, BrickHat said:

What a great time to be logged into Eurobricks! :tongue: AMAZING lineup!!! The first pic didn't do these justice. I am happier now about the Bat variants. I think I'll shoot for a complete series.

I'll be asking the nice people at my local Lego store to feel me out a full set when they come in.

1 minute ago, Robianco said:

I'll be asking the nice people at my local Lego store to feel me out a full set when they come in.

Wow, sounds like you know some very nice people! Lucky you! Not sure what I'll do. I might be away from the States when these come in. I'm thinking I might contact one of my online suppliers and see if they can be of any help. :tongue:

Also, did anyone else notice that Red Hood in the group picture is smaller than the rest? Also the figures at the right of the picture seem to disrupt the symmetry of the picture because of their positioning.

After seeing these pics I have to say that I'm pleased about the figures except for the c list villains. Not to my taste really. The ones that I'll be getting are; Red hood, Robe batman, vacation batman, Gordon, Cave batman, King tut, Joker and harley (Only for those alternate faces), and fairy batman. 9/20 isn't too bad. Unfortunately these do tend to go out of stock pretty quickly where I live so I'll get the nine that I want on the first day.

Edited by LegoShroom

The Red Hood's minifigure head looks like this:

jOVphP5.jpg

Edited by Cammo

Really liking that commissioner gordon fig and catman, the glam bat, andred hood, dick grayson and robed batman all look superb!!! These are all really good. Wasn't liking the list at first, but these pictures have swayed me.

I can't wait to see Orca's head/mouth piece used on animal suit figures, like the Chicken Suit Guy and Shark Suit Guy.

Looking at the pictures, it looks like Pink Batgirl's hair is slightly different from Barbara's in the Scuttler. The height position of the ponytail looks different to me, but it might just be that the hair tie is two different colors. Can anyone else help me confirm that?

Love them. :wub: Vacation Batman, Lobster Loving Batman, March Harriet and King Tut are my favourites. Gordon, Harley and Calculatorare also awesome.

Great series!!!! Mime is a great surprise. Hope Clock King, Polka Dot Man and Gentleman Ghost come in a summer set.

35 minutes ago, Cammo said:

The Red Hood's minifigure head looks like this:

Huh. I suspect we won't be seeing that in the movie, for obvious continuity problems.