Sign in to follow this  
Elostirion

[ESL] Through the Swamp and around

30833184381_9418e610aa_b.jpg

The grand road of Nellisa also leads through the swampy lands in the northeast of the island, between Montario
and Pontelli. While the marshlands aren't considered very deadly, they are still annoying to all travellers. To avoid
the road from being muddy all the time a small dike has been constructed to lead the road in a small arch around
the marshlands. But there is also a wooden path right through the swamp, only for pedestrians, who do not fear
the depressing flair of the marshes and seek to fast-track their journey.

30286526744_4c19e19443_c.jpg

30833191641_e5c605416b_c.jpg

Studcount: 1.310

Quite a neat build, Elostirion, the lime green works well for the swamp, and the wooden walkway is great as well! :thumbup:  Clever idea to have a shortcut for the more reckless and rushed folks (it's definitely the way I would take! :laugh:)  The little cart is neat too, but I rather wish there was a bit more activity on the road - to be sure, it stands out more like this, but a large slice of a road with a passerby or two isn't the most interesting thing in the world :grin:  The swamp does help that somewhat though - overall very nice job! :pir-wink:

Really neat concept Elostirion, great work with the swamp but especially with the bridge!  The farmer with his cart is a really good touch! :thumbup: 

Beautifully created and a very nice idea. Lime works great and as many have said, the farmer with his cart and the bridge are the highlights here

I am loving those irregular bases and that fabulous landscaping. I wonder though, why the landscaping surrounding the swamp is so barren. Wouldn't the wet conditions lead to lushness around the swamp, making me expect to see more green?

However, both dike and footpath is looking cool, and I am still hoping to chime in with a build for this road! Looking forward for more!