Siegfried

Your dream Lego theme

I would absolutely LOVE a pokemon theme. The megablocks of them sucked and I think they would sell pretty well if they made them.

A Moomin theme would be a dream come true!

Moomins. Now that's a great idea. Scandinavian too. That would be a lovely range. Can't see it happening, sadly. Neither can I see a Game of Thrones range, but that doesn't make either of them any less great. And they are both far better themes than Speed Racer!

I would love to see what TLG could to with the Star Trek license - I think they could make some wonderful large ships.

Still, I'm aware that this would never happen. On to of the competition with Star Wars, I doubt that LEGO would get a license that really only suits UCS models (unless they did shuttles, which could be done as sets) and some ships may even be impossible due to the shape (large saucer on a small neck - KRE-O just cut the neck of their Enterprise).

Even so, a UCS USS Defiant (which is probably the best shape for LEGO) would be amazing.

Edited by Cube1701

I think Battle Star Galactica, Firefly, Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls, and Dragon Age themes could all have merit.

They would be shot down by LEGO super-quick. I would have liked for Lego to have gotten the Jurassic Park license, but that is a pipe dream now. :cry_sad:

I would have liked for Lego to have gotten the Jurassic Park license, but that is a pipe dream now. :cry_sad:

I agree, I think it was kreo that got the license, but maybe if there's a sequel to jurassic world in a few years from now it will be up for grabs? Unfortunately that's probably wishful thinking. :cry_sad:

I would absolutely LOVE a pokemon theme. The megablocks of them sucked and I think they would sell pretty well if they made them.

Unfortunately, Ionix got the license. The molds look amazing, and the Pokemon really do look to be up to Lego standards, though Pokemon like Pikachu and Chespin look a tad strange, and these Ionix figures are just horrible. I really want Lego to pick this line up, though. I can't think of a set I wouldn't buy, oh boy do I want Lego to make Pokemon sets. Edited by Freddy Bricker

They would be shot down by LEGO super-quick. I would have liked for Lego to have gotten the Jurassic Park license, but that is a pipe dream now. :cry_sad:

Hence this being the 'dream' license thread :wink:

Unfortunately, Ionix got the license. The molds look amazing, and the Pokemon really do look to be up to Lego standards, though Pokemon like Pikachu and Chespin look a tad strange, and these Ionix figures are just horrible. I really want Lego to pick this line up, though. I can't think of a set I wouldn't buy, oh boy do I want Lego to make Pokemon sets.

Aw Man!! But yeah if Lego did pokemon, they'd probably sell like hotcakes. Yeah the Ionix "minifigs" look god awful. Venusaur looks really good though. The completely molded ones like chespin and pikachu do look bad. Should've stuck with all brick built.

I'm sure I remember having a Spinosaurus with the Jurassic Park logo on it. It went well with all the Adventurers dinosaur stuff.

As a Brit and avid fan of the series, I would love it if we got a Doctor Who theme. Heck, I'd be happy even if we got one set. After all, what more do you need than a TARDIS, the Doctor, a companion and an alien of some sort? If more was wanted, a Doctor Who CMF series would be nice to have as well.

As a Brit and avid fan of the series, I would love it if we got a Doctor Who theme. Heck, I'd be happy even if we got one set. After all, what more do you need than a TARDIS, the Doctor, a companion and an alien of some sort? If more was wanted, a Doctor Who CMF series would be nice to have as well.

Well which Doctor would you have? If it was me I would have Tom Baker (4th Doctor).

Well which Doctor would you have? If it was me I would have Tom Baker (4th Doctor).

Well if it was an one-off I'd choose either the 4th or 10th Doctor, as those seem to be the most popular. If they went with Doctor Who CMFs, they could easily introduce the rest of the Doctors through that. I wouldn't be too concerned which Doctor we got though.

I would love to see what TLG could to with the Star Trek license - I think they could make some wonderful large ships.

Still, I'm aware that this would never happen. On to of the competition with Star Wars, I doubt that LEGO would get a license that really only suits UCS models (unless they did shuttles, which could be done as sets) and some ships may even be impossible due to the shape (large saucer on a small neck - KRE-O just cut the neck of their Enterprise).

Even so, a UCS USS Defiant (which is probably the best shape for LEGO) would be amazing.

Ah real Lego minifigs of Star Trek would be awesome! Plus the thought of real brick built ships, there are just too many cool possibilities.

KREO owns not only the new movies license but all of Trek. So we can't even get TNG or anything until that license drops. I'd say Cuusoo would be the best chance. Star Trek toys even with the new movies don't seem to sell well these days. They need a series to support them.

Though like Zelda I fear that you couldn't do it properly without new molds. What the crap would you do for Worf? There are zero good options. And we have a fearful lack of that 90s hairdo that half the characters seem to have (Riker, Data, slicked back simple hair). And no options for Geordi's hair either (unless you accept it looking ridiculous).

Here's one of our dream licenses that may have suddenly become a possibility. a very very real possibility. Noting that with certain types of Disney or Pixar movies Lego does not tend to dive in until they are on the second movie, and it is an established property where they can leverage prior movies and interest while pushing the new stuff (actually most of Lego's most successful licenses follow this pattern. Star Wars, PotC, TMNT, Batman, Spiderman, LotR, etc.)

So with that said, how would an "Incredible's" theme sound? Because it just came out that Disney has 2 Incredible's projects in production. They have the movie remastered for a 3d re-release. Annnd...

(Drum Roll Please)

They let it slip that Brad Bird is working on Incredible's 2!!!!!

Now this would be a fantastic property for Disney. Something that stradles between the Super Hero and Action areas, with Disney thrown in. Kind of that mix between Batman and Agents. I really hope we see this one.

It matters how the merchandising for the first Incredibles was. Also didn't Toy Story do pretty bad and it's an extremely popular movie franchise?

Hmmmm seems riskier than some other more proven options. Though Lego seems willing to take risks (see Sands of Time and cowboy movie my brain is farting on the name right now). I can't say it's gone that well for them :p.

I think the reason Toy Story didn't do as well as it did was because a bunch of the characters like Slinky and Hamm had license conflicts...

I personally enjoyed the line a lot :sweet:

A full Simpsons lineup next year with more buildings such as the Quik-E-Mart or School, and vehicles like Police Chief Wiggum's Patrol Car and Otto's Bus would be epic.

~Tom

I think the reason Toy Story didn't do as well as it did was because a bunch of the characters like Slinky and Hamm had license conflicts...

I personally enjoyed the line a lot :sweet:

We got a Hamm "figure"!

31xv8S61MEL.jpg

There's no licensing conflicts with him. Heck, people usually say the TS theme didn't sell well, but it seemed to be half and half. I know the first wave of sets sold really well, but the "Toy Story 3" wave sold poorly. Odd.

A full Simpsons lineup next year with more buildings such as the Quik-E-Mart or School, and vehicles like Police Chief Wiggum's Patrol Car and Otto's Bus would be epic.

We all can wish. :sadnew: