Siegfried

Your dream Lego theme

Well, how about LEGO South Park?

*oh2* SOUTH PARK??? South park is not a kids show, and is:

THE DUMBEST, MOST IDIOTIC, STUPID SHOW IN THE WORLD!!!

But its funny, I admit that. :tongue:

Warner Bros owns Travelers Tales. They've said a LOTR Lego game would "definitely work".

With the Hobbit and the LOTR trilogy, isn't it inevitable that were going to have a new set line?

Warner Bros owns Travelers Tales. They've said a LOTR Lego game would "definitely work".

With the Hobbit and the LOTR trilogy, isn't it inevitable that were going to have a new set line?

I've merged your post with the existing topic; no need for a new one.

Hello everyone!

I was taking the latest survey of Lego yesterday and I saw and interesting question about "Are you interested in having a Lord of the Rings theme?" . I know its just a question in a survey but what do you think about it? Do you think it can be good? And if it happens, do you think TLC will stop Castle sets for a while?

while i would personally like to see LOTR in lego, i think as lego is generally aimed at the younger market that reasonably accurate orcs may be a little scary to be sold to little kids. it would be like lego vampires and werewolves, great for older folks, but not what i think lego would want to be associated with. a lego scooby doo range would be nice, the monsters are not so scary as they are cartoon based. a lego mystery machine would look well on the mantle piece. :classic:

while i would personally like to see LOTR in lego, i think as lego is generally aimed at the younger market that reasonably accurate orcs may be a little scary to be sold to little kids. it would be like lego vampires and werewolves, great for older folks, but not what i think lego would want to be associated with. a lego scooby doo range would be nice, the monsters are not so scary as they are cartoon based. a lego mystery machine would look well on the mantle piece. :classic:

They have vampires, and have had them in the past. But, if you mean more the "Underworld" type of vampires, then I get what you're saying.

I think they would be a bit too like the previous Castle sets we had. Minus having elves in the last run, we had all the main characters. We had humans, dwarves, and orcs. But, it would be cool to see.

I personally would like a LOTR license to happen. If TLG has done HP, I don't see why they can't do LOTR, which is the greater version of HP IMO. And I don't really mind those scary-looking orcs, I'm pretty sure they will be less scary in lego form. There are a lot of possibilities for an LOTR license, and it'll be not hard to do since there are already existing elements for dwarves, elves, orcs, etc. And I would take LOTR over Castle anytime, it's just like PoTC taking over Pirates for a while.

I was taking the latest survey of Lego yesterday and I saw and interesting question about "Are you interested in having a Lord of the Rings theme?" .

Isn't that a KIC question? :sceptic: In any case I'll merge this with the existing Dream Licenses topic.

Some licensed themes I want to see:

Narnia: Imagine all the minifigs and set possibilities, could be released along with next year's Narnia film.

Chronicles of Ancient Darkness: The stories told inside the books are captivating, there are a lot of minifigure design possibilties and so many possibilties for brilliant new sets.

Thunderbirds: Based off the movie and puppet shows, these would give us AFOLs a chance to collect some iconic ships and characters from the iconic series, like FAB 1 and Thunderbird 2, to name just two examples.

Don't know what else though...

Lord Embo

I think Percy Jackson would be a good theme. :classic:

I agree. The books are amazing and the film was wonderful too. When they turn the Sea of Monsters(second book for those who don't know) into a film, TLG might consider creating the theme. Good shout.

Lord Embo

Edited by Lord Embo

I agree. The books are amazing and the film was wonderful too. When they turn the Sea of Monsters(second book for those who don't know) into a film, TLG might consider creating the theme. Good shout.

Lord Embo

I know. :tongue:

Hello everyone!

I was taking the latest survey of Lego yesterday and I saw and interesting question about "Are you interested in having a Lord of the Rings theme?" . I know its just a question in a survey but what do you think about it? Do you think it can be good? And if it happens, do you think TLC will stop Castle sets for a while?

I would buy it and would in fact prefer it over the current "Kingdoms" line, even though I think "Kingdoms" is a pretty decent line thus far.

Super_Hero_Squad_Show.jpg

Just think of it for a second, it is a kid's show.

Yeah but, MB currently hold the license for Iron Man and they had/have for Spider-man, too...perhaps ALL Marvel characters right now? Anybody out there know for sure?

Some more ideas:

James Bond, what with all the iconic moments and well over 20 films to get ideas from, this will happen eventually, but when?

Skulduggery Pleasant, the books are brilliant and there wouldn't be many new moulds needed, but there would be a few.

Doctor Who, probably one of the most popular TV shows of all time, this would be a very good theme, but would be quite expensive to buy the sets as the monsters might be brick-built. Hopefully not. On another note, I can't wait for Lego PotC to arrive, especially a Black Pearl or Flying Dutchman set. How TLG will make Davy Jones is beyond me, but oh well. Roll on 2011!

Lord Embo

Edited by Lord Embo

Hell no, that show was stupid, and the style of it was weird and would probably not translate to minifigs well. I'd much rather have a line based on the new show, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, which is about a hundred times better.

Yes, it is, but it is the worst and most ridiculous TV show that could ever be shown on Nickelodeon! Besides, it would cost a lot more to license because there are a lot of Marvel Superheroes and Villains in the show that could have their series' licensed for a fraction of the price this would cost to license. There is absolutely no point in TLG even considering this.

Edited by Lord Embo

My dream licences.

Lego Call Of Duty

You do realise Lego is aimed at kids, don't you? *oh2* Idea! Lego could be split into an adult's collection exclusively for adults and with adult themes(like CoD) and also a children's collection with all the themes aimed mainly at children in. The we could finally see some adult stuff, like Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Grand Theft Auto and even Left for Dead!

Lord Embo

I have cartoons and movies that would be nice to see in Legoland:

The real Ghostbusters (the cartoon with the talking car and the gorilla!!!)

Star Trek

The Godfather

The Grinch

Futurama

Samurai jack

I'd like a Tiger Mask theme: it would be a couples of rings (cage with water,normal ring), the orphanage, the zoo, loooooooooooooooooooots of minifigures, and the winged tiger!

Then my great love: Maison Ikkoku: The house with all the rooms, the chachamaru, the minifigs, the dog.....

One that would be perfect is Yattaman (the old series) lots of minifigs, and all those robots *_______*;

Since we're dreaming Kaibutsu-kun and Tokimeki tonight.

The last one has two parallel words: the normal one and the underworld with an amazing castle; werewolves, vampires, parrots, chubby guys....

Dreaming can't hurt.

Man,I read some of these ideas and wonder ?......meh ! :hmpf_bad:

Look, the Super Hero Squad is aimed purely at young kids (funny to hear it's on Nick, here in Oz it's on Cartoon Network - WTF ?) you could easily see this in the Duplo range and maybe a little system....only so that Batman and Spiderman are not lonely ! :laugh:

An angle which could be considered is real life, in system say 'Man vs Wild' as an action theme and in Technic 'American Chopper' as a UCS style of sets.

Just my two cents worth today.

Keep on wishing ! :sweet:

Herge's adventures of Tintin (movie coming soon, many books to draw inspiration from, good strong characters)

Asterix the Gaul (several movies, many books to draw inspiration from, good strong characters)

Invader Zim (old Nickelodeon show, possibly niche interest, lots of nifty tech gadgets and spacheships, good strong characters with plenty of scope for interesting minifigs)

Herge's adventures of Tintin (movie coming soon, many books to draw inspiration from, good strong characters)

I agree Tintin would be a great theme, we would finally get a white dog and who would not want Thompson and Thompson eh ? :wink:

Keep on wishing everyone ! :sweet:

Some more licenses I want to see:

GI Joe, mainly based off the new movie but some sets based on the old series.

Top Gear, it is a popular TV show and will hit its 15th series next year. It could work as a subtheme for Racers, with cars that appeared on their show and Top Gear Challenges as larger sets.

Lord Embo

funny to hear it's on Nick, here in Oz it's on Cartoon Network - WTF ?

Over here in the UK, it is aired on Nickelodeon and Nick Toons, but I only watch it with my youngest child, who is 5 years old at the moment.

Lord Embo