Sign in to follow this  
Legofin2012

AoM: The Crow-keeper; Tower Phase II

Defence: Tower Phase II

30061551896_5d4e477f0f_z.jpg

The Crow-keeper, first of the Blood Lords, distinguishable by their dark red robes and magnificent facial hair, high ranking members of the M.I.S.: Mitgardian Intelligence Service, he uses highly trained crows for reconnaissance in investigated territories, staying half way up the mountain out the way of prying eyes. 

29468457523_e8e680fa8a_z.jpg

- Thanks for looking :sweet:

Edited by Legofin2012

Very nice wood and stone palisade! The tower itself looks great, and the irregular base, with the stone and snow layers, is fantastic. My one minor, and I mean minor, quibble is that the three decorative stones (1x2 tiles) over the window and door openings do not match. Other than that, it looks splendid.

As a side note, I am glad you are using the same banner style throughout your AoM builds; it gives a nice sense of a matched set of builds. 

The shape of the doorway is really neat :wub:The tower itself is excellent, I don't think I'd combine wood and stone in that fashion myself, but it looks really nice  :thumbup:

I have high expectations for Phase 3 :grin:

That base is excellent, easily my favorite part of the build. The tower its self is awesome, although I don't love the way you combined the would and stone. That flag still looks great :laugh:

Very unique approach to the phase with the mix of wood/stone; it works quite well! The base has to be my favorite part of the build though, the stone and snow layers are fantastic, and the transition to studs up is excellent as well :wub:

Great job with the base on this build!  The snowscape is very nice, and I still really like your Mitgardian banner - so simple but so spot on for what it is!  Architecturally it seems strange to me for wood and stone to be mixed like that in one building... I'd think the stone would be a little heavy for the wood to adequately support - but maybe there's some other explanation! :sweet:  Really cool fig combo for the crow-keeper!

9 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Very nice wood and stone palisade! The tower itself looks great, and the irregular base, with the stone and snow layers, is fantastic. My one minor, and I mean minor, quibble is that the three decorative stones (1x2 tiles) over the window and door openings do not match. Other than that, it looks splendid.

As a side note, I am glad you are using the same banner style throughout your AoM builds; it gives a nice sense of a matched set of builds. 

Thank you, admittedly I'm not much a fan of the tiles over the arches either, maybe if I had more time I could of found an alternative. But the parts from this were needed for my Minichallenge entry, so this was actually dismantled 4 days ago :look:

And thanks :classic:

9 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

The shape of the doorway is really neat :wub:The tower itself is excellent, I don't think I'd combine wood and stone in that fashion myself, but it looks really nice  :thumbup:

I have high expectations for Phase 3 :grin:

Thank you, to be honest I didn't really have much choice, I just did the best I could to build a wooden tower with the parts I have!

Oh no, well I'll do my best :look::grin:

8 hours ago, LittleJohn said:

Very unique approach to the phase with the mix of wood/stone; it works quite well! The base has to be my favorite part of the build though, the stone and snow layers are fantastic, and the transition to studs up is excellent as well :wub:

Thanks, I'm pretty sure the base took longer to build than the actual tower :grin:

8 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Great job with the base on this build!  The snowscape is very nice, and I still really like your Mitgardian banner - so simple but so spot on for what it is!  Architecturally it seems strange to me for wood and stone to be mixed like that in one building... I'd think the stone would be a little heavy for the wood to adequately support - but maybe there's some other explanation! :sweet:  Really cool fig combo for the crow-keeper!

Thank you :sweet: Logically speaking yeah, the design would seem a bit instable, a bit of Mitgardian Magic maybe? :grin:

thanks, I'm quite fond of him too :sweet:

Amazing build. I really like the irregular base and the SNOT on it. The arches on the tower are really nice.

13 hours ago, TitusV said:

very Nice build, but what's that M.I.S? :wink:

Thank you, ah nothing, maybe something I'll expand on later, we'll see :wink:

2 hours ago, Brandon Stark said:

Amazing build. I really like the irregular base and the SNOT on it. The arches on the tower are really nice.

Thanks, although personally I'm still not sure about the arches :classic:

Late to the party, but I'll agree with the others - excellent job on the snow and rock base here, Legofin, and the stonework is neat as well! :classic:  I personally think that the corners and the section around the door looks fine, and probably wouldn't be too much of a problem architecturally, but the upper window does look a bit odd! :grin:  Just about the coolest thing about this build has got to be the crow-keeper, though - splendid minifg-combo there!

20 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Late to the party, but I'll agree with the others - excellent job on the snow and rock base here, Legofin, and the stonework is neat as well! :classic:  I personally think that the corners and the section around the door looks fine, and probably wouldn't be too much of a problem architecturally, but the upper window does look a bit odd! :grin:  Just about the coolest thing about this build has got to be the crow-keeper, though - splendid minifg-combo there!

That's fine, and thanks, but yes, I struggled a bit with the window, an uneven amount of studs made it a bit awkward :sceptic: And I've been trying to make all the minifigs into interesting characters, so they can be reused as part of my character story (like here), and not just generic minifigs never to be seen again :wink: