Sign in to follow this  
kahir88

Task I and Task III.

Salute!

As a leader of a mercenary group, it is my duty to introduce them, to the Relm. (TASK I. -Avalonia)

28610680433_6b82341775_n.jpg Conrad the Sly and his two second in command: Zan the Black Arrow, and Lok, the Wild-one.

29197447986_3651f93916_n.jpg Lok commands the infantry of the Brigade.

29231068655_44753bde15_n.jpg Zan commands the small group of crossbowman.

29152834051_04052e5a95_n.jpg Master sapper, and his cannoneers.

29231069555_e1bdda5b49_n.jpg Assasins, the unseen part of the army.

29231069825_847a499aa7_n.jpg Marauders, the heavy troops.

29231070465_a5ec5fc30b_n.jpg Scouts, and poachers of the gang.

29152837051_290e984ee7_n.jpg Siege engineer, with two siege assistants, who helps the engineer with the siege weapon.

28610684903_eb0dc769de_n.jpg Cavalry. Altho, the rest of the army using guerilla tactics. They still need to pursuit the escaping enemies.

28608707644_9ce8ae3c0e_n.jpg Boris, the Houndmaster.

29231071615_64ea8393af_n.jpg Members, of the Brigade, who not count, as the army, but they play important roles. From left: Winifred, the courtesan, Some smugglers, the gangs torturer, and the young lad: Pell, who is the banner bearer.

TASK III. -Avalonia

We take a lot of pleasure in the beauty of the landscape. Although the area's lords are not frowned upon if an army of mercenaries in their fields pass through , somewhere even had to settle down . Then we found Deep Gardens. Along the coast tiny fishing villages, farther inland forests, plenty of apple trees. The locals do not belong to any lord , freedom, but the cost, to no one defend them. They need our help , as we are to them . One village chief told us, about a ruined castle , it might be a good start.

29198737396_ec7eb33fd3_n.jpg

(I hope, that region is still available :grin: )

That's a fearsome band of mercenaries! I am glad I did not see anybody who looked skilled with a ship, so I am unlikely to see them in the Enchanted Forest region any time soon...

This is a great introduction to your forces, and a good presentation of them. It was clearly well-thought out. I find your siege weapon and the wolf-head standard borne by that last group to be the most impressive elements of what you have just shown, but all of it looks good!

Nice intro. And a nice varied looking army. Welcome to Avalonia. What top is that on your female assassin? Also what dress is Winifred? Thanks.

Awesome band of mercenaries! I like all the different kind of groups, but my favoured is the cavalry! :thumbup:

The siege weapon is also very Nice!

Its a relief, that my Weapons of Mass Distraction are still working! :wub:

28950655360_15a7c860af_n.jpg

They are a magic material, from a place, far from here... The people of that land calls it: Decal. (Done a little research, then sat down with a paint program, and printed out, on a huge sticker)

So, basically all of the torsos and shields are made by my self. Hade a little LARP team, with the same colors and wolf insignia.

Also, allow me, to show our new banner, and the story behind it:

29239078055_058f7037af_n.jpg

-Boss! A messenger came by with a letter!

-Alright Pell, read it out for me.

-The Lords of the Relm accept our request, to be part of Avalonia...

-Fascinating! I told you not to worry my dear friend. Go and give out the orders! At dawn we...

-...With one condition... -Continued Pell the reading.

Conrad let out a painful sigh...

-With what condition?

-"You must represent the colors of the relm..."

-What? Give me that! - snatched the letter form the boys hand, and starts muttering under his nose:- Bla..bla.. welcomes the... bla.. bla... if they represent... bla... bla... lush earthly feel? Hm....

28616329204_4093248f63_n.jpg

Conrad puts down the letter, and looked around. Then he tear off a handfull of grass, tied it together, then cuts down a vine from the nerby wall.

-If they want green, then they gets some green! Put it on the banner, This will represents the "Lushy earthly feel"... For now. Lok, give out the order to decamp! And send out some men, to aquire some banners...

29152834811_2a4922a54e_n.jpg

hehe that banner and its story have to be my favourite part! :laugh_hard:

Edited by en_zoo

Nice figs, however I am not sure if Muskets are allowed? (Last I heard they were not.)

Great army, the various sections are all well designed :thumbup: Wolf-pack is a favorite faction of mine, so I'm looking forward to seeing more builds from you :classic:

That's one tough looking group of Avalonians! No tight-wearing for these guys, eh! Honestly, this band of ruffians look like they'd be more at home in Nocturnus!

Welcome to GoH! Nice to see the use of some classic minifigs. Great variation among each of the troops. That siege engine looks pretty sweet, you got another photo of it we can see?

I do think the use of muskets may be pushing the technology limit too far. We have seen a crude bombard or two, but nothing in the way of small arms. Given that the time period is set in the classic medieval period, the techniques to miniaturize gunpowder weapons are not available in GoH. Just a small point, and I'd totally defer to others if I'm wrong.

Thank you, for every one!

As requested, more pictures of the Ballista:

28625821914_5339319d92_n.jpg29248939645_3b4c10841c_n.jpg28625821404_21a820144e_n.jpg

29170244141_c448632e16_n.jpg29170245061_8dca16c4fd_n.jpg29248935235_7da633532d_n.jpg

Hope all of you likes it. After we could settle down, I think, i will open a siege workshop, so, more will come.

As the, we are more like from Nocturnus... We are from all part of Historica. Mercenaries from Midgardia and Avalonia, outlaws from Kaliphlin, and convicts from Nocturnus. They don't have homes. Conrad recruited them, while he traveled in historica. (actually I more like the classic medieval buildings)

And about the cannoneers: As knower of history well: The first encouter with gunpowder was in 1241 the battle of Mohi, in Hungary. Yes i know, i know those weren't muskets, more like, early hand-cannons. If there is a problem about my canoneers, i can make them hand-cannons, or simply forget them as gunners. I will use them only as sappers:

29248936635_55aa178e8b_n.jpg29170245811_69107362ae_n.jpg

They can undermine the walls of any castle or wall, exlopit the weak points.