Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

On 2/21/2017 at 5:54 AM, Scarilian said:

He's discussing concept art, we have'nt actually seen the movie footage. I expect it wont be blue.

As far as we are aware, we have the two sets and characters for both. Given the only character's missing from the line-up currently are

I dont believe we had concrete information on the 4th Civil War set until very close to the movie and it was a week or so after the movie's release we actually got the official reveal. Even up to the movie's release people were still having debates about the potential for a fourth set. If you are theorising about a potential set in addition to the 3 GOTG2, 2 Spider-man Homecoming or 2 Thor Ragnarok sets i'd expect it to be much the same scenario where we dont see the set until after the movie's release. Though sadly i feel we may just have the previously mentioned line-up. If there was a set, it'd probably be for Thor Ragnarok and we probably would'nt see it until November.

That's exactly what I'm thinking though I think it will be on the Spiderman: Homecoming set. These are the reasons for which one in the silhouette isn't shocker and there is a third set still to reveal.

1) Shocker was photographed already months ago, in costume, on the set. Also run some Promo-Art. I mean, it's not a secret, (unless an upgrade to suffer in the course of the film). Why do they need to hide it? 
2) We know that there will be an appearance for third villain, Tinkerer. It is not the main villain, but it seems that for some reason they don't want yet to reveal his appearance. Make sense they'll erase it from the box. 
3) The Tinkerer will be the architect of the equipment of Shocker and Vulture, it would be so comfortable in giving support to the latter, driving a truck fixed and heavily armed. 
4) The set is called "Beware the Vulture". a team-up of villain so iconic would not deserve the name of both? 
5) If the one in the template is actually the Tinkerer then we will miss Shocker, and already this is sufficient to establish that there will be a third set. More missing the damsel in distress (and who is spider-man without a damsel in distress? ) wanting to be fussy also lacks the suit "home made" with goggles, present in the lines of toys of other brands. I mean: missing stuff! And this brings us to the point 
6) Spider-man sells, why only do two sets now that he's a film of his own within the marvel cinematic universe? Cutting out a lot of important material? 
7) We have not yet seen the exclusive dealer Marvel, When the sets was announced, Someone in the forums (forgot the name) said there will be a third set for Spider-man:Homecoming, then take it all back in record time, saying I misinterpreted the words of his source.

Well, we may not have totally misunderstood, but simply have left to run an information strictly confidential. 

Comparison of the leaked Big fig of Hulk to the video clip:

Edited by SpiderJazz
PS: this is based on Brick Leaks post

17 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Comparison of the leaked Big fig of Hulk to the video clip:

The CGI version is clearly outdated.

The toy is definitely based on the version shown on the poster;

ThorRagnarok.jpg

Prototype pieces often appear in primary colours.

17 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

When the sets was announced, Someone in the forums (forgot the name) said there will be a third set for Spider-man:Homecoming, then take it all back in record time, saying I misinterpreted the words of his source.Well, we may not have totally misunderstood, but simply have left to run an information strictly confidential.

I believe you are referring to me. I read the news about the Spider-man Homecoming sets and because i didnt notice Delta_Customs specify that there were only two sets, an innacurate piece of information on Brickset led me to believe there were three sets for Spider-man Homecoming instead of two. I did not have an inside source, i just ended up believing that Brickset was accurate when it was not.

I firmly believe that Delta_Customs is right about the mystery figure being Shocker, chances are that Shocker's design has evolved quite a bit. By my count we've seen four or five different designs for the Shocker already - the most recent being below. I expect Lego are making final adjustments to the figure to avoid potentially having an innacurate figure of the Shocker. If they intend to make a highly detailed figure they would want it to be as accurate as possible, especially after having to alter Vision and Spider-man to be more movie-accurate after people were disappointed/angry with the figures they got.

spidermanhomecoming-shocker-toyfair-prom

An innacurate figure causes more anger amonst the fanbase than an underwhelming figure. While Vulture is underwhelming, the Torso is accurate and the printing on the helmet is accurate (even if the helmet itself is not accurate). If we'd gotten an innacurate Vulture, fans would have been angry but because its just underwhelming we're only disappointed.

Edited by Captain Nemo
Please do not quote pictures

@Scarilian I really wanted to believe that we are actually getting a third set, there's a lot of characters to make. Home made Spidey-suit minifig will be a big draw.

But I'll still be happy if they will reveal the character in silhouette as Shocker, if you're right that they are adjusting designs, It's a big disappointment that they didn't did that with Vulture, clearly he's the main antagonist of the movie. 

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

That's exactly what I'm thinking though I think it will be on the Spiderman: Homecoming set. These are the reasons for which one in the silhouette isn't shocker and there is a third set still to reveal.

1) Shocker was photographed already months ago, in costume, on the set. Also run some Promo-Art. I mean, it's not a secret, (unless an upgrade to suffer in the course of the film). Why do they need to hide it? 
2) We know that there will be an appearance for third villain, Tinkerer. It is not the main villain, but it seems that for some reason they don't want yet to reveal his appearance. Make sense they'll erase it from the box.

7) We have not yet seen the exclusive dealer Marvel, When the sets was announced, Someone in the forums (forgot the name) said there will be a third set for Spider-man:Homecoming, then take it all back in record time, saying I misinterpreted the words of his source.

1. Wasn't that picture confirmed to be fake? I'm fairly certain I heard it being so, but even if it was real, I don't think the general public has seen it. Most people have only seen the trailer, where you only see Bokeem Woodbine wearing a generic hoodie and the Shocker gloves, so his costume is still unseen for the most part. 

2. We've seen the Tinkerer. He's just a white guy wearing a hoodie. Nothing Lego needs to make. 

The rest of these are just incoherent reasons that barely make sense, like saying that there will be a third set because past Spider-Man sets have had damsels in distress? No. 

And the person you're talking about is CM4Sci. His source told him there were 3 Spider-Man Homecoming sets and 1 Thor Ragnarok set. His guy got the number of Marvel sets right, but for the weong movies and it was 2 Spider-Man Homecoming sets and 2 Thor Ragnarok sets. That's how the whole misconception started and I wish people would stop bringing it up because it just adds more confusion. 

Also that isn't a new Star Lord variant. It's just the one from the Milano. 

51 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I expect Lego are making final adjustments to the figure to avoid potentially having an innacurate figure of the Shocker. If they intend to make a highly detailed figure they would want it to be as accurate as possible, especially after having to alter Vision and Spider-man to be more movie-accurate after people were disappointed/angry with the figures they got.

This is absolutely wrong. Lego has these sets planned out around half a year in advance, probably longer. They receive the concept art for the movies early on and design the sets accordingly. As we've seen, Lego has already started manufacturing these sets and they are completely finalized. They don't go back half way through printing the figures and change the design to make it more accurate. Lego doesn't work like that, or else we wouldn't have an oversized Groot or an inaccurate Ant-Man helmet. If Marvel decides to change a character design this late in the game, Lego won't go back to fix it. Whether it's Shocker or not, them hiding the figure is solely because of spoilers. 

Edited by Delta Customs

Just now, Delta Customs said:

1. Wasn't that pictureconfirmed to be fake? I'm fairly certain I heard about it being so, but even if it was real, I don't think the general public has seen it. Most people have only seen the trailer, where you only see Bokeem Woodbine wearing a generic hoodie and the Shocker gloves, so his costume is still unseen for the most part. 

2. We've seen the Tinkerer. He's just a white guy wearing a hoodie. Nothing Lego needs to make. 

The rest of these are just incoherent reasons that barely make sense, like saying that there will be a third set because past Spider-Man sets have had damsels in distress? No. 

And the person you're talking about is CM4Sci. His source told him there were 3 Spider-Man Homecoming sets and 1 Thor Ragnarok set. His guy got the number of Marvel sets right, but for the weong movies and it was 2 Spider-Man Homecoming sets and 2 Thor Ragnarok sets. That's how the whole misconception started and I wish people would stop bringing it up because it just adds more confusion. 

Also that isn't a new Star Lord variant. It's just the one from the Milano. 

Just now, Delta Customs said:

This is absolutely wrong. Lego has these sets planned out around half a year in advance, probably longer. They receive the concept art for the movies early on and design the sets accordingly. As we've seen, Lego has already started manufacturing these sets and they are completely finalized. They don't go back half way through printing the figures and change the design to make it more accurate. Lego doesn't work like that, or else we wouldn't have an oversized Groot or an inaccurate Ant-Man helmet. If Marvel decides to change a character design this late in the game, Lego won't go back to fix it. Whether it's Shocker or not, them hiding the figure is solely because of spoilers. 

I'm actually questioning myself about the authenticity of that leaked picture. Sorry for the confusion, I meant new Star-lord design that was actually released. (From the new Milano set). Now I just want to clarify things here. You're not sure if the figure in silhouette is actually Shocker? I thought you've been told that it is.

31 minutes ago, Delta Customs said:

They don't go back half way through printing the figures and change the design to make it more accurate.

I never mentioned the idea of going back and re-doing the figure. My thoughts were more that the figure itself may have gotten delayed in production due to all the variations of Shocker's costume we see. Lego may not have been sent the concept art on time and that could explain the figure not being shown. There are reasons other than spoilers which could explain the lack of the reveal. I'm certain we've had cases in the past where an unfinalised figure is not revealed and we've definitely had cases recently where something from a set has been obscured or is missing for different reasons;

- The POTC set is missing the Zombie Shark, either because it has been dropped from the set, belongs in another POTC set or is simply going to be added to the box-art and included later
- The new CMF line-up, most likely to encourage people to buy to discover the figure's identity OR to hype the identity of the figure.

Its not always for spoiler reasons.

Lego doesn't work like that, or else we wouldn't have an oversized Groot or an inaccurate Ant-Man helmet.

Have no clue what you are on about with Groot or Ant-man;

- Groot was to scale with Rocket in the prison scene which was the scene being depicted during the movie and he was included in a set based partially around that scene.
LEGO-Groot-and-Rocket-Raccoon.jpg0d9c5a437c25e1bf1e72a5243bb0b810.jpg
- Ant-Man's helmet was accurate enough for a Lego version of the helmet

ant-man.jpg20917c01-2.jpgML-Ant-Man-002.jpg

Whether it's Shocker or not, them hiding the figure is solely because of spoilers. 

Is it certain it's him?

Edited by Scarilian

2 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

- Groot was to scale with Rocket in the prison scene which was the scene being depicted during the movie and he was included in a set based partially around that scene.

-No it didn't depict the prison scene, it was the knowhere scene.

-I disagree, that helmet with hole is not good enough.

10 minutes ago, deskp said:

-No it didn't depict the prison scene, it was the knowhere scene.

Fine, my mistake. However, Groot is still the exact size he is popularised as being in that movie. The most iconic scene is Groot with Rocket on his shoulder, and he's in scale to do exactly that. In the same sense GOTG2 Groot is small enough to fit on Rocket's shoulder mirroring the movie scene.

Edited by Scarilian

We knew about the fourth CW set in August of 2015. I looked back at the forums and Just2Good said it then. However, people questioned him right up until May 2016 when the set was actually revealed. If Just2Good hasn't said anything about an extra set for Homecoming, then it's not coming. 

24 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I never mentioned the idea of going back and re-doing the figure. My thoughts were more that the figure itself may have gotten delayed in production due to all the variations of Shocker's costume we see. Lego may not have been sent the concept art on time and that could explain the figure not being shown. There are reasons other than spoilers which could explain the lack of the reveal. I'm certain we've had cases in the past where an unfinalised figure is not revealed and we've definitely had cases recently where something from a set has been obscured or is missing for different reasons;

- The POTC set is missing the Zombie Shark, either because it has been dropped from the set, belongs in another POTC set or is simply going to be added to the box-art and included later
- The new CMF line-up, most likely to encourage people to buy to discover the figure's identity OR to hype the identity of the figure.

Its not always for spoiler reasons.

Is it certain it's him?

I highly doubt Marvel didn't send the Shocker design to Lego on time and that being a factor to this. I don't have any hard evidence to back this up, as there's not real way of knowing this, so I'll drop this part of it here. 

The shark figure is finalized. Lego would only begin to mass produce a figure or piece because it's finalized. (the shark was stolen off of a factory line in china). And we have yet to see the movie, though it's unlikely, it could be a spoiler. 

The CMF Pirate is a Lego property. Them revealing it would not likely spoil an upcoming movie property. 

I've talked to the man who had a hand in designing the Groot, and he specifically stated Groot's size was due to the concept art depicting him to be extremely large.

For Ant-Man, Andy Park, the man behind the MCU concept art, has posted most if not all the concept art for Ant-Man which all show an open mouth. This is likely what Marvel sent to toy companies, like Habro and Lego, causing them to have the open mouth design. 

And yea, I'm fairly certain it's Shocker. 

Edited by Delta Customs

47 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

We knew about the fourth CW set in August of 2015. I looked back at the forums and Just2Good said it then. However, people questioned him right up until May 2016 when the set was actually revealed. If Just2Good hasn't said anything about an extra set for Homecoming, then it's not coming. 

Hahaha, homecoming but not coming. Good one. So even if it's an exclusive set there's a few people who can get information from it. How about polybags? Are they confirmed ahead of time?

44 minutes ago, Delta Customs said:

And yea, I'm fairly certain it's Shocker. 

At least we have your word by now. I'll always be a fan. Hopefully it won't be a very long wait for them to reveal the figure. After all, this is all what we want.  Thanks btw.

Edited by SpiderJazz

Just now, Foxes Productionz said:

What if the mystery figure was the Homemade Spidey suit :tongue:

Also are there any other Marvel sets coming out after the Thor Ragnorock and Spiderman Homecoming sets this year?

Hahaha. Two spideys? I doubt. But I'd rather get that home made suit than Shocker tho.

As of now no news for other marvel sets. But I think we normally get comic based sets in that time.

19 minutes ago, Foxes Productionz said:

What if the mystery figure was the Homemade Spidey suit :tongue:

Also are there any other Marvel sets coming out after the Thor Ragnorock and Spiderman Homecoming sets this year?

Mystery minifigure is Shocker.

Nope.

21 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Mystery minifigure is Shocker.

Nope.

I thought that too.  There's no way Lego were gonna miss out a big villain like that.

I'm just excited to see what design they follow on Shocker minifig. So many leaked pictures. You don't know what is real.

15 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'm just excited to see what design they follow on Shocker minifig. So many leaked pictures. You don't know what is real.

That from New York Toy Fair.

19 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'm just excited to see what design they follow on Shocker minifig. You don't know what is real.

I'm fairly sure all the Shocker variants are real and that we'll see each of the costumes.

Spoiler

Version 1; We see this version fighting Spider-man who is wearing the Home Made Suit (Arms do not have pattern, only one gauntlet)
bokeem-woodbine-in-the-spider-man-homeco

Version 2; Tinkerer improving the weaponry, turning it into a blaster and using a slightly more Shocker-like suit (Note the arms now have the pattern)
spider-man-homecoming-first-official-tra

Version 3; Then we see our more comic accurate Shocker (Two Guantlets, striped arms) This would mirror Peter having a home-made suit before getting an improved version.

jpkd_ui0fj0.jpg

Version 4; Finally we get the last version for Shocker. The guantlets are now complete and he's taken on a more 'Ultimate Shocker' appearance.
toy-art-reveals-shocker-in-spider-man-ho

As for which we'll get in a set, i expect we'll see Version 4 potentially using the Gauntlet pieces we see on the Mighty Micro's Thanos (just in Silver) - probably no leg printing with the potential for dual molded or printed arms (possibly similar to Spider-man)

The hands you are talking about are already in that colour in the Superman mighty micro, and was the first piece I thought of when I saw that toy picture of Shocker. 

Wasn't it leaked a while back that we'd be getting three Thor sets or three Spider-Man sets?  I may have gotten that wrong though.

@Legoman123 It was rumored to be 1 Thor and 3 Spidey I think, but it turned out to be 2 each.

EDIT: Don't know if anyone's seen this, but JANGBRiCKS has posted his review of the Milano v Abilisk:

Edited by VaderFan2187

5 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I'm fairly sure all the Shocker variants are real and that we'll see each of the costumes.

Hide contents

Version 1; We see this version fighting Spider-man who is wearing the Home Made Suit (Arms do not have pattern, only one gauntlet)

Version 2; Tinkerer improving the weaponry, turning it into a blaster and using a slightly more Shocker-like suit (Note the arms now have the pattern)

Version 3; Then we see our more comic accurate Shocker (Two Guantlets, striped arms) This would mirror Peter having a home-made suit before getting an improved version.

Version 4; Finally we get the last version for Shocker. The guantlets are now complete and he's taken on a more 'Ultimate Shocker' appearance.

As for which we'll get in a set, i expect we'll see Version 4 potentially using the Gauntlet pieces we see on the Mighty Micro's Thanos (just in Silver) - probably no leg printing with the potential for dual molded or printed arms (possibly similar to Spider-man)

While they giving importance to Shocker ( if that's the case ) I'm still disappointed on what they did with Vulture seeing how mini-mates represented him.

4 hours ago, Hulk_Smash said:

The hands you are talking about are already in that colour in the Superman mighty micro, and was the first piece I thought of when I saw that toy picture of Shocker. 

You guys think they'll use it? Isn't that huge?

3 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Wasn't it leaked a while back that we'd be getting three Thor sets or three Spider-Man sets?  I may have gotten that wrong though.

It was a confusion, 3 spiderman sets and 1 thor, Delta came here to clarify everything and listing has been updated since then.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

While they giving importance to Shocker ( if that's the case ) I'm still disappointed on what they did with Vulture seeing how mini-mates represented him.

You guys think they'll use it? Isn't that huge?

It was a confusion, 3 spiderman sets and 1 thor, Delta came here to clarify everything and listing has been updated since then.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up.  I was under the impression that it was 3 Spiderman sets and 2 Thor sets.

12 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

JANGBRiCKS has posted his review of the Milano v Abilisk

For a better review that actually tackles the flaws the set has;