Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

I'd honestly be perfectly fine with Yondu getting a red mohawk piece for his fin, after all his fin from the comics is closer to that piece. A new piece would be great too. I could see it being used in reverse for a sleek, fast character for one of LEGO's original series or as details on vehicles and such. It could be very versatile if done right. I suspect Mantis will get a new hair piece with her antennae molded into it. Btw, is anyone else hoping one of the sets will be a brick-built Ego the Living Planet? That would be pretty sweet and I wouldn't mind if it wasn't very big as long as it was well designed. We'll at least get his minifig form I'm sure since he'll be the main villain(?) Of course we'll get some new ships, likely a new Milano, but I'd like at least one decent playset.

If it's bigger than the old Milano, I'm in!

Yes, red mohawk will do justice for Yondu. New mold for Mantis.

Why couldn't they just use B.A. Baracus' Mohawk from LEGO Dimensions for Yondu?

Why couldn't they just use B.A. Baracus' Mohawk from LEGO Dimensions for Yondu?

If you saw the latest picture of Yondu for the GoTG2 his fin is more likely a mohawk now.

I'd honestly be perfectly fine with Yondu getting a red mohawk piece for his fin, after all his fin from the comics is closer to that piece. A new piece would be great too. I could see it being used in reverse for a sleek, fast character for one of LEGO's original series or as details on vehicles and such. It could be very versatile if done right. I suspect Mantis will get a new hair piece with her antennae molded into it. Btw, is anyone else hoping one of the sets will be a brick-built Ego the Living Planet? That would be pretty sweet and I wouldn't mind if it wasn't very big as long as it was well designed. We'll at least get his minifig form I'm sure since he'll be the main villain(?) Of course we'll get some new ships, likely a new Milano, but I'd like at least one decent playset.

I agree. A play set is really needed to give a wave a complete feeling, in my opinion. Know here did a fantastic job, I thought, and offered some good features as well as not looking bad on display. I'm looking forward to this wave: it could very well surprise us all. Whereas the Avengers are the Avengers, and Spidey is Spidey, these sets have the potential to be as wild and fun as their source material, and that's something I'm really interested in seeing.

Ego is Star-Lord's dad and one of the main heroes. The villain is Kismet/Ayesha.

Oh so a female villain Awesome because Marvel needs more female villains in there sets. we have had a lot of female heroes like Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Spider-Girl, Storm, White Tiger, Agent 13, Scarlet Witch and Gamora. But only two female villains we have had which are Nebula and Red She-Hulk. look at DC they have like Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy in a lot of their Batman sets. I don't see why Marvel can't do the same. I have a diverse cast on my DC collection which has male and female heroes and villains but then I look at my Marvel side only the heroes are diverse. So I do hope they do more of this with there sets

Ego is Star-Lord's dad and one of the main heroes. The villain is Kismet/Ayesha.

I actually forgot she was in the movie because she's such a d-list, out-of-left-field character to have as a big bad. I get the feeling she'll be a red herring just like how Doctor Strange will likely end up with Baron Mordo or Dormammu being behind the whole thing. Also, Ego is not a hero and never will be. I think in the movie, he's going to be somewhere in the middle, if not a secondary villain to be the devil on Starlord's shoulder. Edited by ToaDraco

?! Can we stop with these spoilers? I don't give a hoot if it was talked about at SDCC or whatever, I had no idea any of this was a thing until I read these posts.

At this point, I think it's a bit off topic. However, once we actually get set names I don't see how officially released information isn't fair game.

???

How have you not heard about this? It's been everywhere on the internet, in fact it's been mentioned on this page before. You didn't complain then, so I just don't get it.

spoiler

I'm not ever one to complain about spoilers, but that definitely could have used a spoiler tag.

???

How have you not heard about this? It's been everywhere on the internet, in fact it's been mentioned on this page before. You didn't complain then, so I just don't get it.

not everyone seeks to know the entire plot of a movie before they see it.

Argh is it time to not read these threads again because of all the upcoming spoilers?

Adios marvel 2017 thread.

Have fun geeks that dont use spoilertags.

???

Well he clearly has not heard about it just like the majority so what is it that you do not get ?

Stepping into a thread discussing sets based on upcoming sets, figures and such and trying to avoid spoilers is a bit like stepping through a minefield. Exercise caution, or it all blows up in your face.

Here's a thought...no spoiler tags should be used at all! Because this is not a movie discussion thread--you shouldn't be talking about spoilery plot points in the first place!

This is a Lego set discussion thread. Talk about Lego Marvel 2017 sets, or don't talk at all. Simple as that.

I'm not sure if this is going to fall over the oh-so-subtle line between on and off topic, but we've got our first look at Shocker in Homecoming, and it looks like we'll be getting a figure that looks like him, but maybe isn't quite the Shocker minifigure you'd been hoping for.

He looks like a bum but I like it!

Actually this costume isn't so far out like Electro was, in relation to comics. A minifig could be something in between. Would be great.

I actually forgot she was in the movie because she's such a d-list, out-of-left-field character to have

You've just described all the Guardians and pretty much everyone else in that movie prior to their movie debut.

I'm not sure if this is going to fall over the oh-so-subtle line between on and off topic, but we've got our first look at Shocker in Homecoming, and it looks like we'll be getting a figure that looks like him, but maybe isn't quite the Shocker minifigure you'd been hoping for.

Is there rumor of a Shocker minifig?

Edited by Battlinpanther