robinnilsson403

[OL Ch3a] The return of the cup

It was a very warm day in Breshaun. Gawyn was thirsty, so he stopped at a newly opened establishment to get a cup of water.

"I'd like a cup of water, please" he said to the girl serving the customers.

"A bottle of wine coming up!"

"No, water. I don't drink alcohol."

"Oh, just a glass of wine then."

"No, just plain water."

"We don't have that."

"Well, according to local law, you should have."

She turned around and went inside.

27074507244_660e4a38d5.jpg

"It's so hard to get good service these days" Gawyn said, looking straight into the camera. Worst actor ever...

27076289463_ac23f4bf68.jpg

A few moments later she returned with a beaten up, old cup. With water.

"That'll be 5 dubloons."

Very expensive for a cup of water, but as you may know, wine is cheaper that water.

"It'll have to be very good..." He took a sip. It was VERY good! He felt much happier and more alive that later.

27408373820_7ee7ac44a9.jpg

Without knowing it he had drank water out of the same cup as the fountain of youth, and some of the magical powers had transferred from the fountain to the cup!

So, my idea is that the fountain of youth transferred its powers to the cup, and the cup anded up at a wine bar a few years later.

A few more pictures:

27408376750_0096dd19f8.jpg

27612317481_7ffb240612.jpg

Very nice build! I love that roof, and the vines work really well as shelter

Very interesting take on this, I like it! The roof angles on the building are pretty well done, though on the sides there's a bit of a gap visible. But the vine section is really great! :thumbup:

Very nice build, and an interesting take on the challenge! pir_laugh2.gif The short stone wall and vines are excellent, and the minifig posing and establishment are quite nice as well :thumbup:

I'm rather curious, though - why did Tholeau "poof" and not Gawyn, did he drink to much? pirate_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

I love the canopy of vines, and the terraced patio. Great conclusion to the adventure!

Very smart take on that "age of sail" myth! And very well built i might add! The gazebo-like construction with the vines look really nice!

Neat tavern with a great roof and drinking area. The story was fun and definitely adds to the Challenge. I like the take on the fountain of youth and its powers, though I am sorry to learn that the guy doesn't make it.

The soldiers need to learn to march in step though. On opposite feet is quite unacceptable (at least from Corrie standards.)

Nice scene, I like how Breshaun is growing and the style you are developing!

The angled building looks very good :classic:

Interesting idea for the cup and the fountain and the overall look of the build is very nice. :classic: