Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Your chance to own a 6250 Cross Bones Clipper

The 6250 Cross Bones Clipper is the rarest of all the Pirate LEGO ships. Released in 1997 it was only in production for one year hence its scarcity.

Currently being auctioned on eBay, but unfortunately by the time you read this the auction will have ended. But if you're still interested...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...5973122007&rd=1

6250.jpg

Price seems a tad steep to me... when one can get the 6268 Renegade Runner

6268.jpg

cheaper than that on bricklink (between $40-50 used)... Which is a much better smaller-sized Pirate ship, in my opinion...

Life is Good.

However the Renegade Runner is not as rare as the Cross Bone Clipper hence the higher price.

However the Renegade Runner is not as rare as the Cross Bone Clipper hence the higher price.

Just because it is rarer, doesn't mean it looks any better ;) to me anyways... Although I have to admit that I have the Clipper, but not the Runner (yet, that is ;) )

I too have the Clipper and not the Runner. Beginning to redefine rare aren't we... :-D

God Bless,

Nathan (Norro)

I too have the Clipper and not the Runner. Beginning to redefine rare aren't we... :-D

God Bless,

Nathan (Norro)

Good one Norro ;) Very funny... |-D

Life is Good.

Just because it is rarer, doesn't mean it looks any better ;) to me anyways... Although I have to admit that I have the Clipper, but not the Runner (yet, that is ;) )

I don't recall saying it looked any better... I just said it was rarer hence the higher price...

Naturally I have both of course but have yet to decide which is in fact better.

But if you'd like to debate which of the Pirate ships is better then visit my Which Pirate ship is the best? thread.

I'm not sure what mine was in US dollars but I think I got it around that price. There was no shipping though since I picked it up from my local LEGO dealer.

Is there a good deal on the CBC? I saw one on Ebay for $100.00 US$. :S

I have never used Bricklink, what is it like? Would anybody be willing to sell one here?

As far as I'm aware Googling won't find eBay auctions which have ended. After a quick look all Googling does it take me to the seller's stores, but the actual auctions.

I'm not sure what mine was in US dollars but I think I got it around that price. There was no shipping though since I picked it up from my local LEGO dealer.

I have with good results. I check out ebay & Bricklink and use that as a rough guide of what the sets worth.

Always make sure that the store ship to you and check out the shipping price before buying. Feel free to ask the store owner about the condition of the set if your worried.

Cross Bone Clipper

There's 4 for sale at around the $US65 mark. If you've bene watching ebay for this you can work out if thats a reasonable price.

Cheers,

CM

Egad! $US65 That's about twice what I pay for both of mine!

To be honest, I use Bricklink mostly to pick up individual parts. Probably the easiest and cheapest way to use it.

CM

I've always said that BrickLink was good for parts, but too expensive for sets. Although you seem to have done alright from BrickLink if I remember correctly.

IMHO the Cross Bones Clipper an ugly little ship...

Those colors, the sail, flag... looks like it is designed by a small child.

What do you guys find so good about it (besides the fact that it seems to be rare)?

6250-1.jpg

IMHO the Cross Bones Clipper an ugly little ship...

Those colors, the sail, flag... looks like it is designed by a small child.

What do you guys find so good about it (besides the fact that it seems to be rare)?

6250-1.jpg

I agree with B

There are also 2 methods of steering on it :S

If you want to raise and lower the string on the crane you raise and lower the bowsprit :-X

The cannon is fixed on one side. *n* No wheels or rotating ability.

Seems like TLC spent 5 min creating a new pirate vessel and threw it in the market :-|

The only reason i'd want it is to smash it into itty bitty bits with my frigate :skel1: .

P

I fully agree with you both, The only reason why I should buy it is for the sake of owning another pirate set, and for the black hull pieces (although I do need another pair of hulls and a screwdriver to get rid of the ugly green top....)

Mr Tiber

This little ship certainly isn't the best looking Lego vessel that ever sailed the seven seas, but I need it desperately!

It is the only ship I need to complete the serie of all 8 pirateships Lego produced in the good years (between 1989 and 1997).

Too bad it was not available in Europe (still isn't, not even on Bricklink), paying all the shipping costs and customsfees USA charges is not worth the effort, besides I don't have a creditcard.

So if anybody in Europe wants to sell me this set (because you all hate it, right?) I'll be happy to buy it!

*sweet*

This thread is incredibly old!!!!! Anywhose, I was fortunate to have it. I have it's green hull placed into something very, very pretty. Me, I wouldn't want another CBC.