Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

[COR vs CAR III] "In her Majesty's Diplomatic Service"

Part I: "Protecting her Majesty's Honour"

Part II: *Link to be added later*

Part III: "In her Majesty's Diplomatic Service"

Montoya had gotten the dubious honour of delivering her Royal Majesty's response (not exactly soothed by the letters from the privateering captain) to the Carnite actions. As he arrived in the capital of Carno he was lead not the Royal Palace, but to the foreign office, where he was presented before an investigative jury.

27359058972_f8d82a45b5_c.jpg

"Gentlemen, surely this must be a misunderstanding." Montoya said, after presenting himself. "There is nothing to investigate."

"We assert no such conclusions, sir. You will present your case before this investigative jury, and we will decide where to take this issue" a man in fine crimson garments interjected, obviously the president of the jury.

A juror dressed as a sailor chimed in. "And who is to say you did not fire the first shot?"

"Why, your very own Captain Whoknowswho, my good sir, in his very public letters to my Queen." Montoya looked round at the shocked jury. "However, that skirmish was but a symptom of the wicked character of your foreign policy!"

27423998146_379a70beeb_c.jpg

Pausing dramatically for a second continuing: "Your government has been issuing letters of Marque against Corlander shipping, a very harsh breach of the peace."

A third juror threw his hands in the air, "There is no proof of this - and who is to say our ships were not threatened by your warships?"

"Or pulled into an attack by a clever ruse" the last member of the jury shouted, spewing spittle, their contempt growing very obvious.

Montoya took half a step back, wiped a speck of spit off his coat with an arched brow.

"But sirs, you entirely misunderstand the situation. Corrington is not looking to negotiate but present you with our demands. Return the HMS Bullshark and its crew, cease all aggression against our shipping, and commit to pensions for those who lost their fathers and husbands in the battle, and we will consider this case closed." Montoya said in a firm voice, before furrowing his brow, "… should you fail to do so…" he looked to Cooke, who was obviously straining to keep his temper under control, before continuing "we are forced to consider the attack an act of war."

The jury was taken aback, and Cooke observed with pleasure their surprise. It seemed the Carnites had hoped to push Corrington to strike a bargain, but now realised their mistake.

A sligthly higher angle to better show the interior.

26849177974_5cbbf82535_c.jpg

While a bit low on tiles and similar detailing bricks, I liked how this turned out. I had not expected those bows to work on both sides as well as they did, and I am certain to revisit the use of those. :pir-blush:

Good luck to all contestants - We shall see who made the best case. :pir-grin: :pir-laugh:

These bows work great, and I like your round outspring! :thumbup:

The round half pillars look wonderful here! Great layout overall with the curving wall and fences pirate_classic.gif

Very nice double scene. The blue through the window is a really nice touch, and I really like how you sandwiched the black semi-circles in there! :thumbup:

Very nice interior, Bregir, the curved window is excellent, and that lantern outside really adds a lot to the scene! pirate_satisfied.gif The black accents are great, and the missing tiles do not stand out too much - excellent job! pirate_wink.gif

Nice courtroom. :thumbup: That curved window section looks very stately (especially from the inside) and the decorated pillars look nice. The minifigs are really good, and the Scary Knight CMF fits the carnal carnival Carnie court scene surprisingly well. :grin:

The proceedings sound just about perfect, and I'm happy to hear you won the case... :classic:

I really think the facade of the house is quite inspiring - now I'd love to see how it would look on a big mansion once you have all your bricks around.