VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

Well theres quite a few that are different:

Turn the wheel on the chest to trigger arms

Turn the wheel to rotate the torso and start whirling blade

Turn the wheel on the chest to trigger the weapon.

Turn the wheel to rotate the torso to a fast action game

I'm guessing it's all the same thing, but odd that they would word them all so different.y.

It's the way it's said in French, google translate may have mistakenly translated the French word for weapon 'armes' to 'arms' which is a mistranslation.

Yeah, reads like Google Translator... Anybody here know French, and can they translate from the original?

I know French, but the original can no longer be found, it was removed.

I know French, but the original can no longer be found, it was removed.

Same here. It's surprising how quickly that was removed seeing as the TRU stuff is still up... Either Lego's cracking down or Amazon found their error

It's great to see the Glatorian armor piece showing up again. The new molds also look great, and thoroughly Bionicle. Can't wait to get better images.

And Pohatu is the Unifier of Peter? XD

Haha, that's fantastic! I know a decent amount of French (it's rusty, but I was at one point able to read French literature--and I can still manage Tintin), so it's funny to understand exactly where Google goes wrong; in this case, "pierre" is French for stone, while "Pierre" is French for Peter.

I have a suspicion that "arms" is indeed mistranslated as well. It'll be interesting to get the official descriptions!

I'm super interested in seeing how Tahu is build and what he'll look like....I just completed my protector collection with Narmoto being my last purchase....my goodness does that figure GLOW...if he's any indication, Tahu may have a lot of that fiery glowy-look which I would totally love. I'm actually not fond of the new shells they're using for his upper leg....and by that I mean they put the leg armour on better with Kopaka than Tahu...but otherwise....Gali may have trans dark blue shells...and I love the PoW and his shells...she may have vaulted into number one spot for me, which is extremely surprising to say the least, since I thought I would like her the least....but then again, it turns out the sets I thought I'd like least, in hand, became my favourites!

I think it can work well, provided the waist doesn't swivel freely like Makuta's. But after all the attention they put into the gearboxes friction (well, except Kulta's..), I'd be surprised if that were the case, especially for the larger figures which are obviously going to be heavier.

I think it can work well, provided the waist doesn't swivel freely like Makuta's. But after all the attention they put into the gearboxes friction (well, except Kulta's..), I'd be surprised if that were the case, especially for the larger figures which are obviously going to be heavier.

Also, these Toa are going to be massive. I can imagine that they'll be much bigger in every sense than their '15 counterparts.

Well, Kopaka for example looks pretty Technic-heavy under his armour. Though it seems they're going to be about as tall as their 2015 counterparts (Onua and Pohatu might be a bit taller though, and Umarak seems he's going to tower any Toa).

I found this German site listing the sets. They're all discounted by roughly 15%. What's interesting is that Kopaka and Melum cost less than MM vs SG, which might indicate a 25 Euro price point.

Well, Kopaka for example looks pretty Technic-heavy under his armour. Though it seems they're going to be about as tall as their 2015 counterparts (Onua and Pohatu might be a bit taller though, and Umarak seems he's going to tower any Toa).

I found this German site listing the sets. They're all discounted by roughly 15%. What's interesting is that Kopaka and Melum cost less than MM vs SG, which might indicate a 25 Euro price point.

This could also be the reason why it's not a big box like MMvsSG but a more wide variation of the larger toa+Umarak have. It would also make all the sets combined cost the same amount as this years launch, which seems reasonable as opposed to 5 more pathetic bucks.

Sadly, this indicates that they are ready to make sets in 25$ price point and that could be Umarak TD's prize.

All in all, don't say 30$ is confirmed when it's not. (this wasn't meant for you) Melum looks like polybag tier set to be honest and technic costs less than the same amount of CCBS, proof of this is Grievious as opposed to Vader.

Edited by GK733

I like the waist swivel function as long as it has good friction and hey, waist articulation! I really like that they are playing with different functions and I like that the designers gave the creatures functions when they didn't really need to for the size of the sets but they are all the better for it.

I like the waist swivel function as long as it has good friction and hey, waist articulation! I really like that they are playing with different functions and I like that the designers gave the creatures functions when they didn't really need to for the size of the sets but they are all the better for it.

I agree. I think the fact that they have different functions at all is really cool. Gotta love variety.

If anyone is wondering, the $15 Uniters are supposedly over 21 cm tall. Tahu is the tallest at 23 by the way, which isn't much of a difference at all. Kopaka Master is about 19.5 cm, which gives the Uniters at least a noticeable height difference over all the Masters. I didn't realize it, but that pretty much confirms it.

I really hope that the Toa do indeed have different functions. Onua I could really see having the arm swinging function, while I am not sure how well Tahu's will work if the shells on his shoulders are flush behind the chest armor.

Edit: The Creature heads are confirmed to be Masks, and I think that the 'Piece of Unification' is the new armor that is used on the Creature's chests.

Edited by TheDesuComplex

http://board.ttvpodc...59fcae5f38d.jpg

Tahu's right sword has a 4M axle while his left one does not. Maybe they can be joined to form a staff? Which means Tahu can swivel his torso?

if they make a torso swivel function it will be great, but doubt about it because this may increase the parts count and requires more complicated building techniques.

It probably is torso swivel considering the weapons. It'd allow for more complex upper torsos like Tahu 15's without impeding the function. It's also make 2-handed weapons more viable for MOCing.

I'm going to figure out a way to use the 2015 gearbox with the new swivelling design, just you watch.

Let me guess, you want to combine them together? Because I'm curious about doing that too.

What I like about the waist function is that it doesn't limit the upper torso build like the gearbox does. Maybe that's one of the reasons they introduced it, so they could make more unique and larger figures (Umarak the Destroyer?).

I'm going to figure out a way to use the 2015 gearbox with the new swivelling design, just you watch.

Dare ya to make them both driven by the same gear.

Let me guess, you want to combine them together? Because I'm curious about doing that too.

What I like about the waist function is that it doesn't limit the upper torso build like the gearbox does. Maybe that's one of the reasons they introduced it, so they could make more unique and larger figures (Umarak the Destroyer?).

Yup, that's my favorite thing about this new torso, as we have seen the ability to add on the arms in any number of ways.

Yeah the new Toa I think will be somewhat preferable for me than the Toa of '15....but I still can't say for sure. '15 was an amazing year filled with my first sweep of favourites wave in Bionicle...ever. I love all the protectors, all the Toa. I cannot say any of the sets are bad per se....and that's a massive change from the old Bionicle for me at least. Come on LEGO....official pics!!! Post 'em!