Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

2 hours ago, Bolingbroke said:

I doubt the last jedi will do as well as the force awakens. the hype will be much less this time around, as will the excitement.

2 hours ago, DEAD1974 said:

sure after Rogue One the Last Jedi have a really small chance for me. But in other hand Its good as I do not like any of the TLJ sets.

These are both incredibly relevant comments that completely correspond to the topic that this forum is based on. As we know, the moderators here are very lax about what we discuss and this is completely fine; after all, this forum does of course double as a film forum and discussing personal opinions that don't really relate to LEGO is actively encouraged. 

I just love to see hate for films I enjoy extend to places that I don't expect to find it ;)

For some reason I'm really looking forward to the "UCS" BB8 set. I'm not a big fan of BB8 and the build looks very repetitive, but something about the uniqueness of the set is intriguing. 

10 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

Mini Rey's Speeder for the September 2017 magazine

haha a little flat but cute! Hmmm I think that this is the first TFA magazine gift.

14 hours ago, Bolingbroke said:

I doubt the last jedi will do as well as the force awakens. the hype will be much less this time around, as will the excitement.

You will be surprised,,... i expect it to be even bigger,....  Time will tell :pir-devil:

13 hours ago, Mymaker123 said:

These are both incredibly relevant comments that completely correspond to the topic that this forum is based on. As we know, the moderators here are very lax about what we discuss and this is completely fine; after all, this forum does of course double as a film forum and discussing personal opinions that don't really relate to LEGO is actively encouraged. 

I just love to see hate for films I enjoy extend to places that I don't expect to find it ;)

hm... I apologize, but I did not know that if I say " Last Jedi have a really small chance for me " it means I hate it... probably the language barrier... and yes movie opinions does not belong here

I also apologize that I have explained my opinion about the new sets (like 100 of others do here)

Edited by DEAD1974
forget to write something

On 7/20/2017 at 0:29 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

80$

110$

The price for Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter, or as it is evidently called "The Silencer" seems fairly reasonably priced to me compared to the Special Forces TIE form TFA and Krennic's Shuttle given its size and number of figs. That may be my only purchase from this wave as everything else is just too expensive and/or over priced. The Heavy Scout Walker is a possibility but only if it ends up being $30 USD, Anything more than that is absurd. I'm really loving the Silencer though, especially after seeing how it will actually look in the movie based on the Battlefront 2 model. Very, very cool. The LEGO version seems to be very accurate. I imagine after the debacle with the shuttle from TFA they realized it was a bad idea to change a vehicle design so heavily after providing references for merchandisers who in turn were likely not pleased as I'm sure it negatively impacted sales.

Edited by ToaDraco

37 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

The price for Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter, or as it is evidently called "The Silencer" seems fairly reasonably priced to me compared to the Special Forces TIE form TFA and Krennic's Shuttle given its size and number of figs. That may be my only purchase from this wave as everything else is just too expensive and/or over priced. The Heavy Scout Walker is a possibility but only if it ends up being $30 USD, Anything more than that is absurd. 

The silencer is 80 euros for 630 pieces so not an improvement at all. The heavy scout walker is some 554 pieces for 60 euros. The heavy assault gorilla walker is the best prices at 1376 pieces for 140 euros and BB8 at 1106 pieces for 100 euros. The worst is the bomber at 778 pieces for 110 euros. There you go, might as well mention the escape pod is 294 pieces for 40 euros and the FO star destroyer is 1416 pieces for 150 euros. Hope that clears things up.

10 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I imagine after the debacle with the shuttle from TFA they realized it was a bad idea to change a vehicle design so heavily after providing references for merchandisers who in turn were likely not pleased as I'm sure it negatively impacted sales.

That is not what happened at all. Like most sets based on new movies, the designers were only given the concept art as reference (IIRC the designers were also given the chance to visit pinewood for a day to get some sketches of the props, but as Kylo's shuttle was CGI this was not one of them). They made the most accurate set they could with what they were given. Other toys of Kylo's shuttle were affected too, hasbro released a light gray version.

10 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

The silencer is 80 euros for 630 pieces so not an improvement at all. The heavy scout walker is some 554 pieces for 60 euros. The heavy assault gorilla walker is the best prices at 1376 pieces for 140 euros and BB8 at 1106 pieces for 100 euros. The worst is the bomber at 778 pieces for 110 euros. There you go, might as well mention the escape pod is 294 pieces for 40 euros and the FO star destroyer is 1416 pieces for 150 euros. Hope that clears things up.

Referencing parts per price ratio is a very narrow way of deciding if a set is a good deal. I shouldn't have to explain any more than that. Just take a look at the variety of parts in your lego bins.

3 hours ago, Brickweiser said:

Referencing parts per price ratio is a very narrow way of deciding if a set is a good deal. I shouldn't have to explain any more than that. Just take a look at the variety of parts in your lego bins.

Finally someone mentions this! It's a lot more expensive to produce a 32x32 baseplate than a 1x1 stud. Yet both are credited as one piece. Price per piece ratio shouldn't be the 'be all end all' of Lego pricing. Thank you @Brickweiser for pointing that out!

7 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

That is not what happened at all. Like most sets based on new movies, the designers were only given the concept art as reference (IIRC the designers were also given the chance to visit pinewood for a day to get some sketches of the props, but as Kylo's shuttle was CGI this was not one of them). They made the most accurate set they could with what they were given. Other toys of Kylo's shuttle were affected too, hasbro released a light gray version.

That's exactly what I said. Perhaps I should have better clarified who "They" are, I felt the context clues provided were adequate. I'm referring to the filmmakers, not LEGO, I'm fully aware the designers did the best they could with what they got, the whole point of my statement is that the last minute changes to designs likely hurt merchandisers, including LEGO and as a result there was likely some backlash.

17 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

The prices I quoted were in USD, read THELEGOBATMAN's original posts a page or two back, I am aware $80 euros is too expensive, that's not what I was referring to, $80 USD however is reasonable. Like @Brickweiser said, parts to price ratio isn't the end-all-be-all as it does not take into account part size, new molds, old parts in new colors, printing etc.on top of licensing fees.

Moving on. Upon further examination of the First Order Star Destroyer, the interior doesn't look as bad as I initially thought, in fact it looks really solid when compared to previous Star Destroyer and other massive ship interiors LEGO has done over the years. There's a consistent color scheme, there's very little exposed structure(barring the handle) in the actual interior section, and a good amount of detail via stickers. It's just a shame that the undersides of the folded down top sections are such a mess.

Edited by ToaDraco

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

That's exactly what I said. Perhaps I should have better clarified who "They" are, I felt the context clues provided were adequate. I'm referring to the filmmakers, not LEGO, I'm fully aware the designers did the best they could with what they got, the whole point of my statement is that the last minute changes to designs likely hurt merchandisers, including LEGO and as a result there was likely some backlash.

Oh. Re-reading your last post, I realize that's what you said. Sorry.

12 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Oh. Re-reading your last post, I realize that's what you said. Sorry.

It's okay, it wasn't as clear as I thought it was. 

On 7/22/2017 at 11:13 PM, ToaDraco said:

The prices I quoted were in USD, read THELEGOBATMAN's original posts a page or two back, I am aware $80 euros is too expensive, that's not what I was referring to, $80 USD however is reasonable. Like @Brickweiser said, parts to price ratio isn't the end-all-be-all as it does not take into account part size, new molds, old parts in new colors, printing etc.on top of licensing fees.

Good to know; at this stage, I always take prices with a grain of salt, as most come from secondhand sources that may have confused currencies.

Additionally, the upcoming sets look as though they will be including a number of new or at least relatively rare recolors, especially the bomber.

Jangbricks just released a review of the 70616 Ice Tank on Youtube. You can see the possible UCS Falcon canopy there. They are 6 studs wide at the top, and 10 at the bottom, which is a bit bigger than the existing canopy piece. The brickbuild canopy from the old UCS Falcon has pretty much the same size. I think it is very likely to see them on the new UCS Falcon.

I believe they are still doing licensed stuff, but they're just not accepting new proposals of licensed sets. Existing ones on Ideas are still being considered.

To those complaining about Snoke's minifigure, it's actually accurate to what we will see on screen. MakingStarWars.net just released a sketch of Snoke's in-film appearance, and it has the same blue eyes, flesh skin, and gold robe we see on his LEGO form.

When does lego officially reveal force Friday waves? I wanna see the back of the boxes and fast forward to the summer wave to see if they'll do another republic gunship next year.

1 hour ago, SCREDEYE said:

When does lego officially reveal force Friday waves? I wanna see the back of the boxes and fast forward to the summer wave to see if they'll do another republic gunship next year.

In 2015, the images weren't officially revealed until the same day the sets were released. (I still find that ridiculous, but whatever) In 2016, however, we received official images in mid-August. I'm guessing we'll see them around 2 or 3 weeks from now if 2016 is anything to go by.

Edited by Nokturn

17 minutes ago, Nokturn said:

In 2015, the images weren't officially revealed until the same day the sets were released. (I still find that ridiculous, but whatever) In 2016, however, we received official images in mid-August. I'm guessing we'll see them around 2 or 3 weeks from now if 2016 is anything to go by.

I remember TFA also had a livestream to show off the merchandise, LEGO included and we got leaks a few days or so before the main event. I think (or at least hope) we follow rogue ones pattern, that way we can figure out what's gonna happen these coming few waves and like I said, I really want to know if we get a new gunship this year or the next.

Thanks for answering my question :)

Edited by SCREDEYE

6 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

I really want to know if we get a new gunship this year or the next.

You've mentioned you're hopeful of a new Republic Gunship. What makes you think we'd be getting a new version of that any time soon?

What's wrong with the old Gunship. Picked one up for £60 including all minifigs. Great build, playability and cracking Padme minifig.

3 hours ago, Brickdad said:

What's wrong with the old Gunship. Picked one up for £60 including all minifigs. Great build, playability and cracking Padme minifig.

I'd be over the moon to find a gunship for £60... or even £160!