It's not impossible for those characters to show up in other sets at some point. Green Arrow was once released as a Comic-Con exclusive figure, but later got released in sets as a different variant. The same could easily happen for some of those other characters.

There's the question of whether that WOULD happen (considering that, for instance, Phoenix would be most likely to appear in an X-Men set, which are few and far between, while some of those other characters are B-list at best). But then, that question would apply even if those characters hadn't been released as exclusives.

It's very easy for lego to give us almost the same spider-woman and phoenix. Just add some dual molded arms/legs to them and voila. That would even be better for us, right?

No one is gonna be stupid enough to fall for this plan.

This hypothesis relies on the idea that no one is stupid.

Someone is stupid enough. There are a lot of stupid people in the world.

No one in the game is that stupid to buy an exclusive that isn't really exclusive. Trust me, I've been collecting action figures, prop replicas, busts, 12" figures, imports, vinyl figures, the list goes on for years and I don't see how anyone in the business of collectibles would ever chase something "exclusive" that wasn't really exclusive. It's not fooling anyone.

No one... It's not fooling anyone.

Oh okay, I understand now. Absolutely nobody, ever. I had thought that was some kind of exaggeration, but now I understand that nobody in the entire world would be fooled. Not a single one. How could I be so stupid? Oh wait, nobody's stupid, or so I hear...

Fascinating.

The DC and Marvel exclusive minifigures have been revealed. For DC its the Atom (CW), for Marvel its Captain America Hydra Agent. Pictures of these characters are on the front page. I did not really won't these characters so yeah!

A Lego Marvel set will be displayed at SDCC.

lego_hulk_vs_red_hulkh_2016.jpg

I'm going to predict a Lego Batman Movie set, Cinderella's Castle, and Adventure Time set, to also be revealed soon.

Here are the panels that will be a SDCC.

Lego Dimensions

Lego Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitzu

Lego Nexo Knights: Behind The Scenes

A Wonder Women statue based off Batman V. Superman will be at SDCC. Also there will be these superhero sets called brickheadz available for $40. Pictures are all in the first post.

DC's exclusive minifigures The Atom has been revealed.

28109227770_8d8a2e0270.jpg

Tomorrow is the preview night, the event starts on Thursday and ends on Sunday. I expect a Lego Batman set to be revealed today.

DC's exclusive minifigures The Atom has been revealed.

28109227770_8d8a2e0270.jpg

Tomorrow is the preview night, the event starts on Thursday and ends on Sunday. I expect a Lego Batman set to be revealed today.

I really like the look of this minifig. I know I'll never see it since I'm not going to SDCC and also won't pay the crazy prices for it, but that is a cool looking figure.

Here's my thoughts on the event thus far. The exclusives have all been lackluster. I don't care for the Brickheadz or the 2 exclusive minifigures. The sets being presented have been pretty good. The statues have been fantastic! My personal favorite being the Wonder Women one. I'm interested in what the panels have in store for us.