In my previous topic i told a story about delivering new wheels to my MOC building area. I was hoping that is push me to some new ideas. And it works, surprisingly for myself. So here is a Racing Prototype:

27077647471_c8b7fed769_c.jpg

Features:

- rear wheel drive with XL motor geared up 1:1,19

- steering via Servo motor

- full independent multi-link suspension

- some kind of caster and ackerman... better look at pictures and video

- very few details and bodywork for saving weight

27113020466_de74e72a69_c.jpg

Main feature is this weird angled multi-link suspension. While it have only negative impact on rear wheels, affecting toe and increasing friction, it have some pros at front. It's some kind of easy to achieve caster and ackerman using wheel hubs that way. Notice that caster angle is variable for outer and inner wheels when turning.

27146246235_a5f332ed72_c.jpg

And video with some kind of dangerous driving... that thing is too fast for my table) Strange clicks that you can hear - it's clicking of remote control, that was holded near phone, so it appears so loud. There's no gears grinding, or pins broken, or something like that.

All pictures are clickable, slightly more on FLICKR

Thanks for reading)

I like the simplicity. The suspension is very interesting, but personally I would never settle for this amount of toe-in and toe-out.

The title says prototype. Do you plan to develop it further?

Thanks for comments)

@Didumos69: No, i will disassemble this prototype soon. But i plan to make some supercar with these wheels, rear larger than front. And i definitely will use experience that i gained to make another weird front suspension. Toe-in/out is not a problem for this lightweight model, but i don't like that too)

@Didumos69: No, i will disassemble this prototype soon. But i plan to make some supercar with these wheels, rear larger than front. And i definitely will use experience that i gained to make another weird front suspension. Toe-in/out is not a problem for this lightweight model, but i don't like that too)

Okay, so it was a study. Nevertheless, the 'weird' suspension is certainly interesting and makes me curious for that supercar you have in mind.

Sweet racer prototype racer! The green panels work nicely here, and look good alongside the yellow parts :thumbup:

Very innovative suspension setup! I like how light it seems. How durable is it? Do any suspension components "disassemble" with use?

Nice looking and technicaly VERY interesting. The work on suspension's cinematics is awesome.

Thanks)

Sweet racer prototype racer! The green panels work nicely here, and look good alongside the yellow parts :thumbup:

I can see some green-yellow shield as one of your badges, i understand what it means now)))

Very innovative suspension setup! I like how light it seems. How durable is it? Do any suspension components "disassemble" with use?

The only fragile point i noticed - is towball pin between rear lower A-arm and wheel hub. It can pop out of hub if i put 1,5 kg on differential frame. It can be avoided by placing A-arm with shock absorber as upper arm, so spring will force this pin to the hub, not out of it. But not for this model, it will ruin compactness) And overall durability is more than enough for riding and little crashes.

This needs a buggy motor. Awesome outside thinking with the suspension.

I wanted to buy some buggy motors and some SBricks and maybe some useful 3d printed parts some time ago, but then i understand that better to use only common parts, so everyone can replicate my works without any problems. And this is also tighten the box, so it's easier to think outside of it)

The only fragile point i noticed - is towball pin between rear lower A-arm and wheel hub. It can pop out of hub if i put 1,5 kg on differential frame. It can be avoided by placing A-arm with shock absorber as upper arm, so spring will force this pin to the hub, not out of it. But not for this model, it will ruin compactness) And overall durability is more than enough for riding and little crashes.

Very good to hear. It's a pretty clever design.

Nice build and very compact, but not a massive fan of the rear suspension's toe. Perhaps normal suspension would have been better.