Beautiful airplane, the tail is very well done. :thumbup:

Cute airplane

the 90° indexer is great - very useful, thanks

Thank you guys!

:wub: Love your small models and great use of all parts.

Thanks! And guess what, part III of the trilogy will be a... boat. I do not have the slightest inspiration yet, so I miight just have to dive into your excellent floating MOCs first :wink:.

I did some minor changes to both the Porsche and the Seaplane to get a slightly better resemblance:

960x360.jpg

LXF-file of the Porsche here.

LXF-file of the Seaplane here.

Edited by Didumos69

A few months ago I posted about a compact knob gear axles with drive and Ackermann steering.

800x450.jpg

A major drawback of these solid axles is the fact that the wheel hubs are mounted to the vertical drive axles. This causes quite some friction. To fix this I replaced each of the the vertical 5.5L axles with stop by two half pins to mount the wheel hubs and a 2L axle for the knob gear. This way the knob gear can rotate freely. I tested this and the drive setup operates way more smooth while the whole setup remains to be equally robust.

Before:

800x450.jpg

After:

800x450.jpg

LXF-file here.

Edited by Didumos69

That is really amazing didumos, i also made a transmission based in your axle, it uses knob gears too to get very compact portal hubs with the pivot point as near as possible to the wheels, it is slightly bigger and it also uses an axle as the pivot point and drive, it has just a little bit of friction, but i will try your idea with tha pins, because it looks very cool; this is the transmission i made by the way: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/57543-8110-unimog-mods-and-improvements/&do=findComment&comment=2664881

6 hours ago, ImanolBB said:

That is really amazing didumos, i also made a transmission based in your axle, it uses knob gears too to get very compact portal hubs with the pivot point as near as possible to the wheels, it is slightly bigger and it also uses an axle as the pivot point and drive, it has just a little bit of friction, but i will try your idea with tha pins, because it looks very cool; this is the transmission i made by the way: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/57543-8110-unimog-mods-and-improvements/&do=findComment&comment=2664881

That's a serious design! Didn't see it before, As of now I will be following the Unimog mods thread too:classic:.

Another way to gear this setup down would be to use thin bevel gears instead of knob gears for the portal hubs. If the bracing is okay this should work just fine. I tested this and couldn't get the bevel gears to slip in my setup.

800x450.jpg

LXF-file here.

Yeah, that is exactly what i tried, but the problem came with the lower gear, because this axle uses planetary rims (first built by Efferman), the driving axle is not completely fixed to the hub, it lies above some 8T gears, and because of that it has a little bit of backlash, which provoques that if i use bevel gears, they will slip, which was very sad because the version with normal gears was the perfect dream for me, but it only works with knob wheels (at least so far), i also think that your original design is clean and clever too, i really like it a lot.

I thought these seats are worth sharing here too.

For my FST NML moc I got the idea of redoing the adjustable seats of the Steppenwolf.

I'm not sure about the final color scheme yet, so for now I made them bluish gray.

960x450.jpg

LXF-file of the seats can be found here.

Edited by Didumos69

I think they look and work perfectly, i am thinking to make similar seats in some of my future models because i think they add a lot of realism to the models.

Great ideas! I really like the 90 degree stepper and the mini seaplane!

Also, I think I might make a topic like this... It's also a great idea :tongue:.

Edited by mocbuild101

@Didumos69 despite my interest mostly (99%) in machinery, when I see your seats and manual mixer, there is only one thing I can say:

Small is beautifull

21 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Great ideas! I really like the 90 degree stepper and the mini seaplane!

Also, I think I might make a topic like this... It's also a great idea :tongue:.

11 hours ago, I_Igor said:

@Didumos69 despite my interest mostly (99%) in machinery, when I see your seats and manual mixer, there is only one thing I can say:

Small is beautifull

Thanks guys! I alo use the OP as an index to everything I posted about. I should update it.

Looks like those 3x5 frames won't be used again anymore... How can you undo step 2 of your instructions?

34 minutes ago, Ludo Visser said:

Looks like those 3x5 frames won't be used again anymore... How can you undo step 2 of your instructions?

With a pair of pliers I imagine. It works really well and does not damage any components.

1 hour ago, Ludo Visser said:

33 minutes ago, TheHypaaa said:

With a pair of pliers I imagine. It works really well and does not damage any components.

I managed to pull out the 3L axles with knob quite easily to make the tear-down sequence; one by attaching a pinhole to the knob and one with my bare nails, but maybe I was lucky.

To stay on the safe side you could replace the #2 connector between the 36t gears with a bush and use pins with stop bush instead of the 3L axles with knob.

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

Are you absolutely sure to don't work for TLG? Nice blender.

Haha, I don't, but I regard that as a compliment! I would love to work at their Technic quality assurance department though - if it exists :wink:. I sure would have vetoed the Porsche :wink:. But not only to send things back to the designers, also to add a finishing quality touch to each model.

Edited by Didumos69

1 hour ago, Didumos69 said:

Haha, I don't, but I regard that as a compliment! I would love to work at their Technic quality assurance department though - if it exists :wink:. I sure would have vetoed the Porsche :wink:. But not only to send things back to the designers, also to add a finishing quality touch to each model.

I can imagine you doing that, you sure are a perfectionist!

The blender is cool! I like the effect the soft axles give to the mixing part! Have you used it on anything yet?

Edited by TechnicRCRacer
SOFT axles, not FLEX axles!

4 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Have you used it on anything yet?

Not to whip cream, but yes I have:

Edited by Didumos69

960x360.jpg

Recent discussion in the Technic 2017 Set Discussion topic about the 2017 flagship set gave me some inspiration to finish my mini-trilogy. A car, a plane and a now also a boat. A catamaran to be specific. With a flag, of course :wink:.800x450.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

Very clever little trio, I do like your final/third option. What does it look like next to the others though? 

I love your miniature build's with the Catamaran being my favourite. Any more in the pipeline?

5 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

Very clever little trio, I do like your final/third option. What does it look like next to the others though? 

1 hour ago, grum64 said:

I love your miniature build's with the Catamaran being my favourite. Any more in the pipeline?

Thanks guys! No nothing in the pipeline, apart from instructions for my 40th anniv. tiny tow truck tribute.

Here's a tender of the trio:

800x450.jpg

And the less pretty side of the catamaran:

800x450.jpg

Small catamaran is trully a flagship in your collection :thumbup:

16 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Small catamaran is trully a flagship in your collection :thumbup:

Thanks!

Even though I like the catamaran with sails, I think a speed catamaran suits the trilogy better:

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg