Sign in to follow this  
Phadeout

[ESL MRCA] Whatever happened to the Fénix?

Alejandro and his friends were awaiting news of the Fénix in the Rattled Sabre rum bar, it had been gone longer than anticipated and concern was mounting. The team decided to get through this with rum and food in abundance, it was the only way...

Suddenly the door opened and an unusually well observed hush descended on the room. A very piratey (but not in a Sea Rat sort of way at all, it would have been impossible to mistake them, honestly impossible) man entered and made straight for Alejandro.

"Sr. de la Calle, I come from L'Olius, he has your ship, the Fénix, which he holds along with the Queen of Terreli."

"He kidnapped the queen? How did he do that?"

"No, the ship, the Queen of Terreli"

"Oh, I see... you should have said it in italics then, like this, the Queen of Terreli, there you see, nobody will get confused".

"You seem to think it funny Sr. I can assume you have so much money a trading ship has no value to you at all.

"Oh, if only, my good man, but you see I have every confidence that an elaborate building challenge will come to my rescue, and failing that there is always a cough sistershipping cough."

A few of the people around the bar tutted their opinions of the dreaded "s" word and the messenger looked aghast at such a proposition but Alejandro smiled, thanked him for his time and returned to his friends.

26229016950_ef35fe1ee2_z.jpgWhatever happened to the Fénix (i) by Phadeout, on Flickr

26475921146_58cfd94b46_z.jpgWhatever happened to the Fénix (ii) by Phadeout, on Flickr

Thanks for your time, just a bit of light-hearted fun...........

pirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_laugh_new.gifdefault_laugh_hard.gif

That was really very funny. Especially the dreaded "s" word. default_rofl.gif

Very nice build! I like the activity! :thumbup:

:rofl::laugh: thanks for the good read! Nice build as well, neat fireplace

pir_laugh2.gifdefault_roflmao.gif Very funny story and very nice build, Phadeout, the parts about italics and sistershipping were especially hilarious default_iamded_lol.png Neat scene as well, the minifig activity is great, and the little details like the pipe and the fireplace grate add a lot to the build! pirate_satisfied.gif

pir_laugh2.gif It's always nice to read an amusing build, and I really like how well you incorporated the dreaded s word into your story.

The build is nice as well. I like the table with all the food and drink. Sure looks like they must have been enjoying their selves.

I recommend adding some details to the walls. A lamp, picture, or even mild texture (even in a well-maintained establishment such as this) can help improve an already good build.

Great read, neat tavern and the USE OF THE DREADED "S" WORD!!! What's not to like!?!?!

P.S: That pipe is genius. I must pay BL a visit for some solid LEGO smoke...

Glad I've got a couple of smiles.

I can't claim credit for the pipe, I saw it here, as with so many little bits and pieces all you guys are helping me get a lot more out of my MOCing

Lovely interior and funny story! I've been trying to talk in italics all day, but then I tripped over the dreaded "s" word. :laugh: The crowded tabletop looks inviting except for one thing: do they always dine with cutlasses so readily at hand? Anyway, it's a lively little scene. Keep it up. :classic:

Haha, brilliantly amusing story. Perhaps we should petition to have the Eurobricks profanity filter updated to exchange the "s" word with "megablocks"? ;)

Lovely interior scene too, with a great many details. I particularly like the fireplace. :)