Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Review: 3831 Spongebob - Sandy's Rocket

Another day, another great review. ;-)

One thing I love about the parts selection in this line is how they keep making that cheif's hat in new colors. Since 2006, we've gotten it in trans clear, trans blue, and now trans PINK! Besides those pink hats, this kit seems to have a lot of other useful pieces, like that giant white dome and Sandy's helmet. This kit and the other new 2008 kit will probably be favorites of hardcore MOC'ers. ;-)

Great review, just the white background made it sometimes hard to distinguish the edges of the set. That'll happen though, no big deal. Any chance of an underside shot of the nose piece for rocket? I'm curious to what it looks like.

And I'm glad to see the wheels on the ATV are the same ones I have from an old Ice Planet 2000 set I got nearly 15 years ago (different color of course). Good to see TLG dusting off old moulds and reusing them, not destroying them like other moulds for certain elevated, motorized sets.

Edited by Section8

Yay! Great review! I don't like the overall look of the set, heck, I'm not fond of the Spongebob line, but that Sandy minifig *wub*

I'mma buy it of bricklink, or maybe I'll give the entire set a try. Now all I need is a blonde exo-pilot and I can make a spaceman Spiff MOC. X-D

Great review, Hinckley! *y* I absolutely love this set, especially the figures (Sandy looks even better than expected) and those nice details are awesome. *wub*

Unfortunately, Europe won't get this set before may.... :'-( I will never understand why TLC release some sets in Europe 4 months later than in the USA (another example: Dwarves mine).

Sandy's head puts most modified heads to absolute shame. Chewie doesn't have anything on that girl. Seriously, The Sandy headpiece is absolutely fantastic. Considering the Squidward head, this is quite a surprise. Before I saw this set I actually expected nothing but a brown minifig head painted with Sandy's face. This is excellent.

The potential MOCing humour to come from this headpiece is bound to be nearly unlimited *yoda* .

Thanks for the great review! What torso is under the spongebob head thingy... ha, I'm getting technical.

Thanks and God Bless,

Nathan

Thanks for the great review! What torso is under the spongebob head thingy... ha, I'm getting technical.

Thanks and God Bless,

Nathan

It's the same as Patrick's torso.

I like Sandys Helmet! I think if they bring out new space sets they should have a Faction wearing them Fish Bowl helmets, mabye Humans!

*y*

Edited by Joey Lock

I like Sandys Helmet! I think if they bring out new space sets they should have a Faction wearing them Fish Bowl helmets, mabye Humans!

*y*

Imagine that. An all new space theme using the bubble helmets! :-D

In other news, I saw this episode on Nick today and kept thinking of this. :-D If only the interior were as detailed as in the show, and the set came with a bunch ofbagged civilians. :-P Seriously though, the whole set is very accurate, and really keeps that cartoon feel.

~Peace

It's the same as Patrick's torso.

Cheers!

God Bless,

Nathan