Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Eurobricks migrated to new server

Dear members,

This morning we have migrated Eurobricks to a new server which will give us additional HW resources to cope with traffic growth. On some occasions we had issues handling all the load, so we decided it was time to migrate.

It is possible there will be some performance issues in the coming days until our server expert Ace has done further tuning of our new server.

For those interested, here's an overview of our current hardware:

CPU: 12 vCores (before: 8)

RAM: 60 GB (before: 32)

DISK: 4x 240GB SSD (before: 4x 1T SATA)

RAID: Raid10 (before: Raid10)

- The Eurobricks staff

It appears that the forum software doesn't like the change very much.

Warning: Illegal string offset 'member_group_id' in /var/www/vhosts/eurobricks.com/httpdocs/forum/admin/applications/forums/sources/classes/topics.php on line 2062

This appears at the top of threads which include at least one hidden post; the message gets repeated according to how many hidden posts there are.

This appears at the top of threads which include at least one hidden post; the message gets repeated according to how many hidden posts there are.

I can't reproduce this. I've hidden posts in topics to test but this msg didn't come. Also I've logged out and visited such topics as 'guest' but no error message.

Can you provide a link to such topic which gives you this error?

I get the same message as gnac. One of the threads it occurs on is this one

That thread doesn't have hidden post as far as I can see.

I also can't reproduce it. Not with my own account or a regular member test account.

That thread doesn't have hidden post as far as I can see.

I think the hidden posts are just ones I've hidden myself. I'll try unhiding them and see if that removes the message.

Ok, I unhid the posts of a user whose posts were the only thing I had hidden in the thread. The messages at the top are gone now.

Edited by Umbra-Manis

I'm getting this message as well.

25428395983_3ab49f1fde_c.jpg

I don't feel bad that the person blocked is visible since I straight up told him he was getting blocked. :tongue:

Edited by mediumsnowman

I can confirm that blocking a user generates this error message,I have just tested it and got the same error as other. :classic:

Eurpbricks_zpsfp1raggm.png

Ok, I can now also reproduce this. Thanks for reporting!

On the old server this issue is not there (I went there to check).

Since our forum software is still exactly the same I'm guessing this must be because of the different mode we are running PHP scripts on this new server. Or because of the different PHP version.

We'll investigate this.

Will the move to the new server mean that we might see less spammers on the site?

I understand that the "IP Board" settings are responsible for the version of captcha and not the server (although you can get captcha servers).

The server load increase was probably all the spam bots we have been getting lately.

wow the entire eurobricks footprint including all PM's, topics, attachements,user profiles, etc is only at most 4 x 240gb? I was expecting it to need several terabytes of storage.

I'm curious as to what motherboard the server is using.

It appears that the forum software doesn't like the change very much.

I get the same message as gnac. One of the threads it occurs on is this one

I'm getting this message as well.

I don't feel bad that the person blocked is visible since I straight up told him he was getting blocked. :tongue:

I can confirm that blocking a user generates this error message,I have just tested it and got the same error as other. :classic:

Solved!

Please confirm.

Will the move to the new server mean that we might see less spammers on the site?

No, but we are working on that problem.

wow the entire eurobricks footprint including all PM's, topics, attachements,user profiles, etc is only at most 4 x 240gb? I was expecting it to need several terabytes of storage.

I'm curious as to what motherboard the server is using.

RAID 10 with 4 x 240GB drives would give you 480GB of storage. Since EB aren't hosting images, text doesn't take up that much space nor use much network bandwidth.