Where do Goblin Battle Platforms come from you may ask? Well, all big things come from small beginnings and Giant Spiders are no different. In the Badlands of Middle Zealand there are a species of spider that don't stop growing... as long as they can get enough to eat.

25904197702_751496f010_c.jpg

Goblin raiders nurture these little spiders and keep feeding them until they are large enough to ride into battle. Successful spider riders survive long enough to keep their spiders well fed... and the spiders who keep surviving and being fed enough will continue to grow to enormous proportions. Once they have reached a size that is big enough to transport 5-6 goblins into battle, a wooden framework and defensive structures are built on top of the spider in order to convert it into the mighty Goblin Battle Platform!

25724270950_d52b35c727_c.jpg

Unfortunately for both Goblin and Spider, the chances of this happening is quite unlikely. Goblins are clever and sneaky but generally weak and cowardly by nature... and spiders are particularly squishy! But you never know... The dream for every young Goblin Spider Rider is to raise a mount that will eventually grow to a size big enough to support a battle platform.

25392168404_0184d181fa_c.jpg

Until they grow to this size, Goblin Spider Riders offer a formidable cavalry option for a Greenskin army. Whereas Wolf Riders are quicker and Orc War Boars are stronger, Goblin Spider Riders can traverse any terrain and their mount's webbing can hold any troop in place with a mass of sticky strands. Underestimate them on the battlefield at your peril.

----------------------------------------

If there's anything about this that you like then I would love it if you would take the time to click and support!

https://ideas.lego.c...rojects/134888

Please help inspire TLG and the Lego community to release more castle / medieval / fantasy themed sets! Thank you :D

Edited by nine09nueve

Haha, so cute lil' spideys! I love, and admire spiders (from a distance).

If you allow me to give you a tiny tip: maybe the riders of the spiders could use the Chima spider tribe headpiece as a helmet? I don't know for sure, you have to try if you have the piece, because the places of the eyes are different on the Chima figs, so the holes for the eyes on the helmet will be too.

Edited by Lazer

AT-AT - All Terrain Arachnoid Transport Cute and dangerous! Good built, love that they carry a web.

Thanks Dance... Hehe - Star Wars Spiders :D... Do you think that Cute + Dangerous = Cuterous or Dangute?

Haha, so cute lil' spideys! I love, and admire spiders (from a distance).

yeah - from a MASSIVE distance with these suckers! :D

If you allow me to give you a tiny tip: maybe the riders of the spiders could use the Chima spider tribe headpiece as a helmet? I don't know for sure, you have to try if you have the piece, because the places of the eyes are different on the Chima figs, so the holes for the eyes on the helmet will be too.

You know what - intially I thought... nah... I'm happy as they are plus with Chima being discontinued it would push the set closer towards reusing old stuff that TLG wouldn't make anymore... and I don't have any of them in my collection... BUT... the more I think about it... the more I think it might work... the eyes look like they should be in the right place... and even if the helmet is used as decoration or something... have just hit up BrickLink to see what I can find! Thanks - will let you know how I get on :D (oh and PS: please support on IDEAS if you get a moment - every vote counts... well it does to me anyway!)

Cool fig! Love the spider! Where are the rest of the legs?

Oh Sush BL... not you too. *groan* I've had enough aggro from my 6 year old who has spent "forever" telling me that it isn't a real spider because a spider has 8 legs! :D

When I initially designed it, the 2 legs pointing forward were pincers and part of it's "mouth"... however, when I had enough of my son's repeated comments... I turned the pincers into legs... so it has 6 on the ground and 2 pointing forward... "grabbing" stuff... If you imagine that this is a "baby" version of the giant spider in the Battle Platform - then I expect the fangs that the small spider has now will grow and develop into the pincers that are present on the giant spider (and yes will probably grow some eyes too... no I don't know how that happens either!)

Hope that makes it work better for you?

Love the design! Already supported! :thumbup:

Thanks Umbra for your continued support - really appreciate it!

Love the spider's eyes!

heh - thanks Forresto - too bad my Griffin didn't! :D

(For the record Griffin lovers please relax - they were 2 spare eyes from my 2 eagle legend sets - NO Griffins were harmed in the making of the Spider Rider!)

I supported your project on Ideas.

Plus i happen to have the goblin minifig, and all the Chima spiders, so i took some pictures to show you, and you can decide if you like it or not. :classic:

25403929763_2631227f04_z.jpgIMG_20160324_164814 by Lazlow Lockhart, on Flickr

25939123691_627157cb2c_z.jpgIMG_20160324_164741 by Lazlow Lockhart, on Flickr

25401002324_3940c8b91f_z.jpgIMG_20160324_164715 by Lazlow Lockhart, on Flickr

Oh thanks Laz you are a Star... cheeky favour though - any chance of taking a snap shot with the black helmet and the dark brown please? :D

Terrific! I can imagine a whole horde of these little guys scaling a cliff or dropping down on unsuspecting enemies.

Terrific! I can imagine a whole horde of these little guys scaling a cliff or dropping down on unsuspecting enemies.

Yeah... sounds "horrible"! :D If you haven't already, I'd appreciate any support you could lend to any of my projects... and indeed to any other castle / medieval / fantasy submissions... Nunki-Psi for example has some really good stuff on there... the more the historic community can rally round and let TLG know that there is a market and a desire for more of this sort of "stuff"... the less likely we'll get more NexoKnight stuff instead! :(

Edited by nine09nueve

I once uploaded a blade scorpion in LEGO Galleries for Halloween. I used Kai's elemental blades as legs. But your spiders are much moor awesome.

I like those spider-Riders:-)

The Goblin Minifig is really cool, I've used it in some Mocs as well. The spiders look great too.

Good work!

Thanks!

I once uploaded a blade scorpion in LEGO Galleries for Halloween. I used Kai's elemental blades as legs. But your spiders are much moor awesome.

I saw your blade scorpion - it's good! I don't know about the spiders being more awesome... just different no? :D

I'm glad you like the Blade Scorpion. Do you know how to move pictures from LEGO Galleries to Eurobricks? I know moderators can do that, so it's possible. Thanks.

I'm glad you like the Blade Scorpion. Do you know how to move pictures from LEGO Galleries to Eurobricks? I know moderators can do that, so it's possible. Thanks.

Nope - but if it's your photos just upload to flickr and then from flickr to here no?