Sign in to follow this  
RockoS13

Bricklinked Three Sets (10174, 10179, 10221) Simultaneously

Hi Everyone,

I've been a lurker for a long time, but I finally registered so I can contribute and share my projects with you all. I've really enjoyed reading through these forums and have learned a lot from them. My wife and I Bricklinked three UCS sets together. It was a whole lot of fun. Doing multiple sets at once can help reduce your overall number of shipments, which was why we did them at the same time. I handle the Brickstock, Brickficiency, Bricklink etc, and she processes the orders and builds the sets.

We bought used parts when possible, and did most of the common cost-saving measures with the 10179. The 10212 was a whole different challenge.. you'll see why down below ;)

First set, 10174 AT ST. A few minor substitutions and a reprint sticker:

atst1_zpsrtzdkhgu.jpg

atst2_zpszbpbbi0l.jpg

Our second (and the reason we did all of this) is the 10179. We used some customization ideas from this site including the custom dish, the custom rear engine, and the smoothed out ramp. Thank you very much for the neat ideas there..

mf01_zpswlwxoule.jpg

Here you can see the custom dish. Also, for the cockpit, we did use the shorter umbrella poles but we fixed the gap by moving the mounts forward.

mf03_zpstjbw1wcb.jpg

Inverted tiles to smooth out the surface. Great idea here that we borrowed.

mf04_zpsppmolkgy.jpg

No Loitering near the 10179...

mf05_zpsry6e8f4w.jpg

Everyone wants this dish... ;)

mf99_zps573jvg70.jpg

Snake is trying to steal the plaque.. little does he know the sticker is a knockoff... notice anything interesting in the background???

Last but not least, our custom (colored) 10212 Imperial Shuttle UCS. We've wanted to build this model for a while but missed the chance to buy an original one and figured this was a good chance to do something totally different. Research proved that red was possible. The hardest parts to obtain were the 32 arches that make up the sides. Those only appeared in one set in red (a Ferrari truck) and there were only two of them in that set.. Also, sellers don't exactly stock up on red parts and so a number of sources contributed to this build.

is01_zpsmhqsoud0.jpg

As we were halfway done with this set, another builder posted a custom black version of this shuttle to Reddit. We were so impressed by his that we used his idea to put Adidas stripes in the lower wings. (Awesome job with the black shuttle by the way, if you read this.)

is05_zpsi70jdyhn.jpg

is03_zpss3jrgdkd.jpg

The one part complication was that the rear canopies are not available in red. This looks better when the sun is not shining on it. Still might re-work the rear a bit.

is04_zpsg5xag8ad.jpg

Wings up

is06_zpszbrauqag.jpg

one more..

is03_zpss3jrgdkd.jpg

That's it. Hope you enjoyed them. We had a blast building them. Thanks again to the forum contributors who's ideas we borrowed for the 10179.

Don't even know what to say about that shuttle... I am speechless LOL.

I would love to do something like this but... what a hassle to get all the parts ugh :(

That red shuttle though! I'm impressed you managed to make it. Is that going to be Issard's private shuttle?

All three are spectacular, but obviously that shuttle takes the cake! It reminds me of Imperial Knights' shuttles:

swrpg_lecg_predators_ikshuttle.preview.jpg

There are no words. :wub:

The red Imperial Shuttle looks really great and big props for choosing a different colour than the "normal" colour! :)