Derek

Lego magazine Nov-Dec '07

Wow! New helocopter looks great! Looks like lego finnally made a helocopter that you can attually carry some mini figs in! Maybe this will also be the start of a new line!

BeI am pretty sure I'm not gonna get that because that thing is hideous!autiful!

:'-(

I'm sorry if I made you sad Sinner, the whole thing just looks a little too blocky.

Edited by Exo-builder59

Awesome! Thank you very much, Mr. Lego Bildur! I love this new set, it will be the only one of the new city line I shall purchase. That new windshield piece is great, Lego has never made a very proper rounded helicopter windshield in the past.*wub*

Is this a photograph here? It seems pretty blurry, is that because the picture is so very minuscule to scan or the camera did not capture the image well? I'm hoping I will receive this LEGO magazine in the next day or so and make a higher quality scan for you guys, if the later case is true. *y*

Sorry, my friend, it's an old piece: 2826.gif .

Haven't seen it for a while though *sweet* !

I'm sorry if I made you sad Sinner, the whole thing just looks a little too blocky.

They're supposed to be blocky: coast_guard.jpg

This is what I'm thinking of.

You'd change your mind if you were forced to spend a day in one...

Somethings are supposed to be blocky; most helicoptors aren't massively streamlined. Ultimatly thought that picture is too limited to be sure.

Sorry, my friend, it's an old piece:

An oldie but a goodie! *wub* I really want one of those.

You'd change your mind if you were forced to spend a day in one...

It's awful, I can imagine. I may never have the unique experience, but the closest I can see to what it is like is through a TV show: SurvivorMan. This fellow put himself on one of these and out in the ocean he went.

I was just suggesting that is what that pod was supposed to be like.

Sorry, my friend, it's an old piece: 2826.gif .

Haven't seen it for a while though *sweet* !

Ahh, I thought previously that one was too big to be our piece being 8 studs long but now that I analyze the set scan more thoroughly it seems the helicopter is eight studs wide as well! *y*

I'm glad to see how lively this thread has gotten all of a sudden.

As for my thoughts, this new set seems to be interesting. Surely I can tell that it was inspired by real world items. (The set itself seems realistic to me). There is a high chance that I will purchase this set too, but I still need to see if the price is reasonable, perhaps in the $30 - $40 range.

I don't know if this set means there will be more coast/off-coast theme sets for us in the future.

---

If anyone was wondering, the picture itself in the magazine is only about 1 inch (2.54 cm) long by 1 inch (2.54 cm) wide, so this was the best shot that I could get. This tiny little section was the only place it even mentioned this set, so this picture may even be an error...

If it is a little too blurry, try this one:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2820183

The above link also gives an idea of how small the picture is...

while i like the design, the recent proliferation of flying vehicles saturated my desire to incorporate such vehicle into my mini town. :-/

It's awful, I can imagine. I may never have the unique experience, but the closest I can see to what it is like is through a TV show: SurvivorMan. This fellow put himself on one of these and out in the ocean he went.

I was just suggesting that is what that pod was supposed to be like.

I'm just being a smarty-pants. :-$ Hopefully you never have the experience! :-P

Thank you for the news of this set. I *wub* the look of it. I found the look of the life raft very interesting. I think the raft looks like a space capsule. I am definitly buying this set *y* .

Model On!!

This set is fantastic! The helicopter itself is great but the life raft makes really makes it, I'll get this one if it isnt overpriced like the harbor set. I think without a doubt City has been TLG's best designed and best overall theme recently. I dont see what's so special about sandy, we know she's in the new rocket set. :-/

Thanks mr. lego_bildur! That looks great, and realistic! X-O Wow! And we get a shark, yay! For some reason I was expecting a set with a life guard with inflatable boat and watch tower. *wacko* :-P

~Peace

Looks like a great set *wub*

It seem next year will be busy-shopping year X-D

LuxorV

I want to thank TLG so much for this set. I mean they really made my holidays. I love helicopters and planes, and this is absolutely perfect. Now I will have two coast guard copters (ambulance one also used as a coast guard copter). This is why LEGO is so darn amazing. Thank youuuu TLG !!!!!! *wub* *wub*

ha ha

i remember when i was at H.M.S. Raleigh on a course n we got to play in one of those life raft it was soo fun :-D

and it is probably based off a sea king which I've also been in one of at H.M.S gannet

and it isn't a splash pod

its a 25 person life raft but smaller this is what I've been in

mots25.gif

Edited by Looking for a display name

I wasn't buying any city since a long time, but this is so.... *wub* *wub*

(and ..perhaps.. I am going to get it!)

(it fits into my 70s style try-to-make-a-lego-city)

yeah it looks blocky!! I actually like that.

and it looks really realisitc, not like 7903 which was a bit too <insert that tiresome argument> for my taste..

I liked 7044 a lot but didn't get it and this one is even better!

But why is it not in the european january lineup? Is it exclusive? US only? TRU only? :'-(

That wouldn't be too nice... Hope I can get it in the lego store at least... or at S@H....

And I wonder if it will be in the european club magazine...?

Thanks a lot for the picture! *y* But I still cannot figure out what piece is taken from the jumbo jets..?

:-)

Edited by Zzz

hm.. at first i thought it was kinda cool, but hm.. i don't know really... it has the tail of the airplanes, a fairly old window, the roof... hm... think it's too big... i'd like to see it in high quality before making up my mind... i do hope they'll change the colours. orange, black, white, blue... hm... the raft looks cool though. wonder what's inside the chopper

personally i think this set looks very good

and when was the last time we got a shark??

im probaply not going to get this

not because i dont like it

but simply because i have this one

7903-1.jpg

and i think they look a bit similar.

other than that the set is pretty nice

im just bored by all the helicopters and trucks in city

how hard is it to make more buildings?

It looks good, I hope it doesn't have any juriorized part, it would be bad because it is a very good looking model.

And that windscreen is cool *y*

7903-1.jpg

this one looks like Supercopter ;) not like a coastgard one ...

the new one is better I think. I hope it's 08 now...