Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

13 minutes ago, makoy said:

I agree. They totally messed up his colour scheme and not only that -- you can't even use Cole as a generic ninja without changing his arms to black. I don't know why they made him sleeveless. Totally made him 'useless' for army building...

They made him sleeveless because normally he is the strong one 

Just now, Sr1847 said:

They made him sleeveless because normally he is the strong one 

Well with this argument, then Superman should be sleeveless. :tongue: 

Even from the Ninjago CMF line, there isn't a desirable ninja-army building minifig. The closest one is Lloyd but it's really a missed opportunity to make a generic ninja foot soldiers out of Cole in normal black suit.

39 minutes ago, makoy said:

I don't know why they made him sleeveless.

I'm pretty sure he's going to be a super-macho tough guy caricature. All frowny and "I'm too hardcore to smile". I am know a guy like that.

1 hour ago, makoy said:

I agree. They totally messed up his colour scheme and not only that -- you can't even use Cole as a generic ninja without changing his arms to black. I don't know why they made him sleeveless. Totally made him 'useless' for army building...

I don't see any problems with swapping out the arms for black ones, on an army-building scale.

@Jurik thanks for sharing! Oddly satisfying to see them like this. Definitely going to customize Nya this way! :thumbup:

Just now, Exetrius said:

I don't see any problems with swapping out the arms for black ones, on an army-building scale.

Someone will need more time and patience doing this, not that I am impatient, but I would rather use a different torso entirely.... because there is another problem with the movie version of Cole --- his chest is exposed! :tongue:

Btw, it is indeed good to see the normal TV-canon face on the ninjas. Thanks @Jurik

So now when we can see speed build of Temple and Bounty (brickministry) what is your first impressions? I personally love Bounty because of its detailed interior and plenty of cabins but Temple seems dull od stickers which is shame... :(

Aww man, my local shops have only just got the summer City/Star Wars/Friends/Nexo Knights so it is going to be aaages until the movie sets. I'm going to have to get to Smyths toys and hope!

They've only changed Cole's look for the movie though. Hands of Time's Cole and Nya co-exist with black and grey colors.

17 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

It can't be just me who think those figures look immensely better with the TV heads and hair, right?

I think the figures look a lot better with the old hair as well (except Zane's, his fits the figure way better). But the faces are pretty good honestly.

12 hours ago, makoy said:

I don't want to be rude, but it seems like the movie is trying to make the ninja designs a bit more unique when in uniform than before, so realism and army building were never the idea. And if you're gentle, it's possible to swap arms around.

Edited by 8BrickMario

9 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

I don't want to be rude, but it seems like the movie is trying to make the ninja designs a bit more unique when in uniform than before, so realism and army building were never the idea. And if you're gentle, it's possible to swap arms around.

Sure buddy. No offense taken here. I totally agree they are trying out new stuff that may not please people like me who see Cole as the one of the most important ninja not only because he wears black. To me, he's the link between the past and the future line of Ninja. Sounds cheesy LOL.... but I look forward to future designs that TLG will come up for him. :laugh:

Quick update, the LEGO store in my mall was closed for a remodel so I couldn't get the bar codes to scan at Target, and the other two Target didn't have anything. ?

19 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

TLNMstat5.png?resize=838,496

Does anyone know if the hoop pieces in the cannon of Zanes tank are actual pieces and if they exist in the colours pictured?? Just that I want to modify the tanks cannon when I get the set.

Edit; I think that the small ones may be trans light blue wheels 

I'm not sure myself what those parts are, but upon seeing that picture you posted, I'm kind of irked that we at least didn't get the smaller X Wing canopy in Trans. Light Blue instead in the actual set. :hmpf_bad:

45 minutes ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Quick update, the LEGO store in my mall was closed for a remodel so I couldn't get the bar codes to scan at Target, and the other two Target didn't have anything. ?

Darn - if you ever head back to the Target with the Shark Mech in the near future, think you could snag that DPCI? Much appreciated!

18 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Darn - if you ever head back to the Target with the Shark Mech in the near future, think you could snag that DPCI? Much appreciated!

Can do my striped friend. I'll be heading back Monday morning. 

6 minutes ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Can do my striped friend. I'll be heading back Monday morning. 

Awesome, thanks again!

21 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

TLNMstat5.png?resize=838,496

Does anyone know if the hoop pieces in the cannon of Zanes tank are actual pieces and if they exist in the colours pictured?? Just that I want to modify the tanks cannon when I get the set.

Edit; I think that the small ones may be trans light blue wheels 

My best guess is the steering wheels they sometimes use in technic sets. I'm not sure though. 

I went to the Target nearest to me (but not the best one in the area), but they didn't have any new sets. Blew all my money on an unrelated item, so now I'm gonna wait a while.

5 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

So looking forward to WhiteFang's review of the ninjago CMF. :grin:

Same here! I always enjoys his CMF reviews!

On 14 July 2017 at 9:26 PM, Umbra-Manis said:

It can't be just me who think those figures look immensely  better with the TV heads and hair, right?

I agree!

On 14 July 2017 at 7:15 PM, Peppermint_M said:

No problems! Multimedia is a ways down the board listing anyway, sometimes it is easy to miss. :tongue:

Thank you for understanding :)