Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

The Master falls and NINJAGO city chase are must buys! The temple and the Destiny's Bounty look really great too! Don't know if I'll buy them though.

Ed and Edna don't look too bad, but I need to see better pictures first.

Destiny's Bounty - did not have a watermark. Appears that there may be an associated app-game.

Edited by LuxorV
Image removed on TLG request.

47 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

The million dollar question is which Lego movie got better sets this year? Batman or Ninjago??

Ninjago. Hands down. I love the Lego Batman Movie sets, but they're minifigs with after thought builds. Meanwhile there's not one Ninjago Movie set with a crap build.

Looks like Jungle Garmadon minifigure( without cloth and rice hat) is more common than armored Garmadon(with helmet and cloth), who only appears in Green Ninja Mech Dragon and probably Hammerhead Mech.

Edited by benderisgreat

14 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Destiny's Bounty - did not have a watermark. Appears that there may be an associated app-game.

Not related to an app game. That image is advertising the 3D catalog app that can be used to view 3D models of the sets by scanning certain icons in certain catalogs (presumably including this one). I also don't know if the lack of a watermark on this specific image really provides a strong case for posting the image here. :sceptic: No offense, but it still DOES come from a confidential catalog...

Edited by Lyichir

I've seen a picture of the Bounty and, yes, it has a lower deck.

And yes it is big, and yes it does not look really cool.

It looks sluggish compared to the previous ones.

24 minutes ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

I wonder what happened to that triangle tank? That was the set that caught my eye.

Not coming this wave.

Great sets!! Love Master Falls, but the price is a bit high. Ultimate Ultimate Weapon set looks good but a bit pricey, love the Stone Lions sooo much! Lightning Jet is okay I guess, kinda looks like a mini Milano. The Green Ninja Dragon looks okay but the face is bad. Destiny's Bounty looks to be the standout.

Not a fan of the dragon set even though I love the movie one. I definitely have to start saving up, since now I want that temple and the Bounty! 

26 minutes ago, cookiemonster said:

*Snip*

Check the link in the info box.

I don't think you're allowed to post that here as it uses watermarked images. Not too sure but I wouldn't risk it.

On one hand, these all look very awkward in terms of shaping, and the dragon is kind of underwhelming, especially in regards to the level of detail of the head. On the other hand, that dragon is ridiculously cute. It's like a dorky little ceratosaur. And all that sand green is definitely worth it. I also like the lion dogs in the temple of the ultimate ultimate weapon.

The sets look generally really good, and Jay's Jet is a really pleasant surprise - I'm getting lots of Aero Booster vibes and it's a good mix of parts and techniques.

The only one that actually disappoints me is Lloyd's Dragon, which seems to have suffered the most from the film to set downscaling. Perhaps I was just too hyped from the trailer, but it's a bit of a let-down for me.

Oh, and Destiny's Bounty is amazing.

Edited by legozebra

Every set looks so.. good! Not a single one I don't like. Certainly can't get them all but Master Falls, the Lightning Jet, City Chase and Destiny's Bounty are on my list for sure, if not the Bounty alone.

It seems that fish lady from one of the books will appear in the future.

Edited by Boogly22238

2 hours ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

I wonder what happened to that triangle tank? That was the set that caught my eye.

overall, destiny's bounty is great...but the rest...meh

That and the one-wheeled mech are coming next wave.

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

The image is advertising the Lego Catalog App, but I'm sure there will be an app game as well as the past two Lego Movies have had.

2 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

The Green Ninja Dragon looks okay but the face is bad. Destiny's Bounty looks to be the standout.

I was upset by the dragon because the movie version was so magnificent. This dragon is more like a lizard.

1 hour ago, bbquicksilver said:

I was upset by the dragon because the movie version was so magnificent. This dragon is more like a lizard.

If they can rework the head mold it will still have tons of potential. 

These sets look fantastic. I'm only really interested in Lloyd's Dragon, but that doesn't make the other sets any less appealing! Can't wait to see more pics of the Bounty. It looks like it has an interior.

I love that there are two sets with all of the ninja. I find it so annoying that most of the time I can only gent half of the team. For once, I can get them all. The builds look beautiful, especially the two larger sets. Jay's vehicle is one of the best looking sets in the wave, with the Green Ninja Dragon close behind. This wave looks fantastic! It will be hard to choose which ones to get.

For y'all's convenience i've consolidated them all on my blog. I can't post a direct link though, but go to this post, scroll to the bottom, and you'll see a link in my comment. Cheers!

Lloyd and Nya in casual outfit look so cool!

Edited by VaderFan2187
Edited post

Even the Juniors set looks great! As there is no "Mermaid chick" in this set I asume she will be in Minifig series. GREAT!

Edited by Lordofdragonss