Sign in to follow this  
Sir Stig

[ESL-FB4] Good Neighborhood, Bardo

This is my fourth and final free build of the month. I tried to add some more texture, details and sombre colors on this build. Approvals and critique most welcome.

Word spread quickly that there was something going on in Bardo. Almost every boat brought extra passengers that were seeking opportunities for a good life on this wonderful island. Victor had gotten hold of several houses, which he converted for rental purposes. Most people could not afford their own house yet, so to make them feel welcome he provided a place to call home until they hopefully settled for good.

24098566054_915cb59c42_z.jpg

A possible tenant had just inspected one of Victors newest aquisitions. There was already a woman, very fond of flowers and such, renting the upper floor. Victor had not gotten around to talk to her yet. Every time he passed the shutters was closed and no one answered the door, so she must be a busy woman.

24726748805_45da83fc72_z.jpg

Round the back, was her entrance. The stairs just behind an old palm tree.

24431214650_c5d6204eaf_z.jpg

At the moment she was changing the earth on one of her plants...

24359079819_f53b6889e2_z.jpg

Edit: Hmm, I forgot to change the window shutters on the back, and I tried a snot technique on the ground floor that I did not get pictures of. I will add a picture of that after my camera battery is charged, if I still have some light.

Edited by Sir Stig

Houses are always needed, and pretty houses like yours are always welcome. Although too much green isn't to my liking! Try blue! pir_laugh2.gifpir_laugh2.gif

Approved by Oleon

Houses are always needed, and pretty houses like yours are always welcome. Although too much green isn't to my liking! Try blue! pir_laugh2.gifpir_laugh2.gif

Approved by Oleon

Thank you :) As a matter of fact I am working on a blue commercial building for next month. And my last residence was also blue (and orange). Oleans are welcome in Bardo. There is a multitude of cultures in many Eslandolan settlements. You may even practice your religion here, as long as you follow Eslandian and MCTC laws.

The MOC is ok, maybe a bit too modern in style.

Do green hairs become popular now in Eslandola? pirate_laugh2.gif

... and many Eslandolan mothers name their children after the famous Cpt Green Hair... ?? pirate_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

I really like the atmosphere of this build! Great job!

Thank you :)

The MOC is ok, maybe a bit too modern in style.

Do green hairs become popular now in Eslandola? pirate_laugh2.gif

I plan on putting a building right next to it, probably on both sides. Hopefully that would make it fit into the era. My next residence I will try with overhang. I don't know why she has green hair. Maybe it's something contagious ;p

... and many Eslandolan mothers name their children after the famous Cpt Green Hair... ?? pirate_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

I don't know how old Captain Green Hair is, but he certainly seem to be a popular guy.pirate_laugh_new.gif

That house looks quite nice, some "normal" houses are definitely an important addition to our colonies in the new world. :-)

I like that you did not only build the front but a whole house. The roof and the flowers on the balcony are particularly well done.

However for my personal taste those are too many different colors in the facade: Two shades of tan and grey, green, dark red, red, brown are a total of 8 colors. Especially that dark red row under the windows in the second floor is a bit disturbing, especially since it's the same color used for the roof as well. However it still works out well as a whole and fits really nicely into the new colonies. (Actually the more I look at the first picture the more I like the colors; but to some extent I still think it's too much)

That house looks quite nice, some "normal" houses are definitely an important addition to our colonies in the new world. :-)

I like that you did not only build the front but a whole house. The roof and the flowers on the balcony are particularly well done.

However for my personal taste those are too many different colors in the facade: Two shades of tan and grey, green, dark red, red, brown are a total of 8 colors. Especially that dark red row under the windows in the second floor is a bit disturbing, especially since it's the same color used for the roof as well. However it still works out well as a whole and fits really nicely into the new colonies. (Actually the more I look at the first picture the more I like the colors; but to some extent I still think it's too much)

Yes, I struggled with finding colors that matched, and were thinking about what colors could fit together. In the end I think my brain was exhausted. I can trim away some, and I will see if I have enough bricks to change the two shades of tan and grey. Maybe change the red trim on the top floor... Or, they could work better as 2 separate houses. I will play around with it a bit before starting to assemble it in the settlement. Thank you for the nice comments and the nice critique. I appreciate it, especially the critique helps a lot in seeing where I can get better.

I like the colors well enough, and the overall shape is pretty good, but the doors look a bit too modern for the time. The other features are nice, and I always like those windows. The tree is a welcome addition as well. Keep it up.