Might be auto white balance setting on cameras when comparing outdoor photos with indoor ones. Red and orange surely look different if you switch lighting from 6500 Kelvin to 3000 for example which is pretty much what bad auto white balance might do. (i came to this conclusion since when you google porsche lava orange it seems to look more orange in indoor photos on general)

But those colors can exist. I had a car with a color that played with your mind. Depending on the lighting around the color seemed like a violette tone then it was dark blue or dark gray. And it was a color from the factory.

Btt: I hope for orange. I think this would suite a gt3 rs the best.

(...)

Jokes aside, I can't wait for the official reveal. I suppose it will be within 8 weeks from now.

why do you think that? I think it is more logical that we see more in the building instructions, or in a review. Or were there earlier reveals for other UCS sets?

I know we haven't had one in technic but maybe in starwars or something.

why do you think that? I think it is more logical that we see more in the building instructions, or in a review. Or were there earlier reveals for other UCS sets?

I know we haven't had one in technic but maybe in starwars or something.

I think there will be some press article that lego cooperate with porsche to make this car including some fun facts and photos of model vs. real car as anyways.Like it was with creator expert cars and other technic licensed flagship.But if it was before some leak of instruction, that is good question :tongue: .

Jokes aside, I can't wait for the official reveal. I suppose it will be within 8 weeks from now.

I think it'll be a lot sooner than that.

What makes it tricky for the Porsche is that this very same year we have the BWE at nearly 4000 pieces, it also has large new parts which require large, expensive moulds and a little PF for under 300 Euro. So if the Porsche does indeed have no PF, I am ok with that but in order for it to justify it's price it will need some awesome new parts. The wheels and arches look fantastic but it's gonna need more than that for this price. I'm talking lots of new gearbox and drive line parts such as diffs and CVs and wheel "bearings" and steering arms with Ackermann geometry and so on. Not necessarily exact copies of designs we have offered up here at Eurobricks but at least those kinds of parts we've been asking for, from which they make awesome new functions like a sequential gearbox. I would trade 1000 beams and pins (the equivalent of a largish set on it's own) for those parts such as the 5 or 6 different sized clutch gears, new stronger diffs, 8880 style CVs and so on.

I don't think so. While we here are a core target for this type of set, we are still a very minor group of Lego buyers. I think the average kid / parent that is deciding between a BWE and porsche will not do so by comparing the functions - the types of these two sets are so inherently different: Awesome work machine against stylish sportscar. Also I don't think the average buyer will look into unique parts or realistic geometry (although it would be a major thing for lot of people here, myself included). Most people buy a Lego set as a play or sometimes display toy and not as parts donor for MOCs.

I really like the idea of a big flagship car without pf - probably because these were the sets I dreamed about as a kid the most and they are faster ready to play with than something where you have to insert batteries first. I'm really looking forward to it. Let's see what they did come up with.

Edited by Musikfreak

it's going to be august 1st. as previously mentioned.

there's no reason to mention it again, my friend

And VIP sales on 18th may?

There will be no VIP pre-sale for this set. It's said to be released on August 1 alongside the rest of the Technic 2H 2016 lineup.

Nah, it's June.

Why June? You are talking about the reveal or release date?

Tragic banjo how can it be june? I asked q local store with closed inventory sysrem. They have a delivery date. For christs sake it is the 1st of august. The delivery is 30th of july a sunday. Please guys stop baffeling around with wiöd guesses. We have over 40 pages of that. And now what we know:

Delivery for Müller in Germany 30.07.2016

Prive 299€

Color according to dutch obline szore orange

Weight according to swiss online store 3.8 ore 4.8 kg

Parts count somewhere around 3000

We get new panels

Und we have pictures on the first pages

What we speculate:

New powerfunctions with or without rc

Suspension travel of 1 stud (nicjasno with example construction)

Sequenzial gearbox with shift paddles

I don't deal in wild guesses, I deal in facts. Like the fact that this comes out in June. It's entirely up to you whether you choose to believe that fact.

I don't deal in wild guesses, I deal in facts. Like the fact that this comes out in June. It's entirely up to you whether you choose to believe that fact.

And we don't deal in baseless assumptions ... fact is that every online shop so far lists 42056 with a shipping date July 31 and a release date August 1.

Cm4Sci I would trust him, if he peovides a source. I don't know any of his background, so I can't decide wether his info us correct or not. That's why i asked for a source. That is the reason why I call it a wild guess.

Cm4Sci I would trust him, if he peovides a source. I don't know any of his background, so I can't decide wether his info us correct or not. That's why i asked for a source. That is the reason why I call it a wild guess.

CM4Sci is proof enough for me to believe what Banjo says.

I hope they also say that price is lower, Im not broke but Im not also fanboy that buy everything :tongue: .

I hope they also say that price is lower, Im not broke but Im not also fanboy that buy everything :tongue: .

My LEGO budget for 2016 is already at full capacity with 10252 Volkswagen Beetle (€ 90), 10253 Big Ben (€ ~300) and 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (€ 300).

So those three sets are the only ones that are on my to-buy list for 2016 - I believe Big Ben could slide into 2017 budget if it doesn't blow me away.

My LEGO budget for 2016 is already at full capacity with 10252 Volkswagen Beetle (€ 90), 10253 Big Ben (€ ~300) and 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (€ 300).

So those three sets are the only ones that are on my to-buy list for 2016 - I believe Big Ben could slide into 2017 budget if it doesn't blow me away.

When I say fanboy, I mean these types that buy everything not looking at price or quality.I didnt mean you specifically , this set looks to be quality piece but I see some tendencies nowadays by TLC to "steal" pockets of customers on possibly popular sets.Many D2C this year seems to be bad and overpriced, dont mention that is only first quarter of year.