Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Killing the Dead Contest Discussion

Is the vig also limited in height? I have at least 3 ideas in mind and I really should start to enter some contests here. :-D (I hope I have the time).

Is the vig also limited in height? I have at least 3 ideas in mind and I really should start to enter some contests here. :-D (I hope I have the time).
[*]Vig must be built on and 8x8 base, overlap to your heart's content

Does that answer your question ?

Height isn't an issue ;-)

Overlapping means that you can go beyond the 8x8 limit if and only if the 8x8 baseplate touches the table ;-)

To illustrate, here is a MOC I did

probe_01.jpg

As you can see, I really expanded the 8x8 baseplate ;-)

Hope that helped ;-)

*yoda*

Hmmmm an interesting contest to say the least, so many ideas float through my mind though getting them on an 8x8 plate may be hard.

Hmmmm an interesting contest to say the least, so many ideas float through my mind though getting them on an 8x8 plate may be hard.

Overlap ON mate :-P

*yoda*

Nice contest idea *y* ... I already have some thoughts running wild in my brain *wacko*

Btw, nice introduction vig; is it something from the Universal Soldiers movie with VanDamme or is it only coincidence :-$ ?

LuxorV

Ha! Guilty pleasure: I love movies featuring Dolph Lungren! :-$ But Universal Soldier...hmmm...I don't remember a wood chipping scene in that. I remember one with Steve Buscemi in Fargo! *sweet*

To me it looks like a big red swan with a skeleton up its a$$...

Well, that might kill it... :-/

:-D :-D :-D

So now I know at least a little about the true meaning of swan-hopping.... :-D *y*

Woah, another contest! :-D Great introductory vignette.

Are we only allowed one entry?

With the overlap, does that mean we could take a 16 x 16 scene and just stick it on an 8 x 8 plate to make it count? That doesn't really seem right to me. 8-|

Woah, another contest! :-D Great introductory vignette.

Are we only allowed one entry?

With the overlap, does that mean we could take a 16 x 16 scene and just stick it on an 8 x 8 plate to make it count? That doesn't really seem right to me. 8-|

Thanks Sir Dillon! X-D and yes, only one entry. Yes you can stick a 16 x 16 scene over and 8 x 8 plate, go nuts. I don't have much respect for vig constraints. I like freedom in creativity. Doesn't seem right to you, huh? Well then, call the rules police. :-P :-P

Hmmm, that contest promo picture of the skellie going into that big red shredder reminds me of how a very diatant relative was killed when cutting down a tree :-X .... weird! 8-

Edited by SirNadroj

Two questions-

I. May we do this in miniscale and kill a giant skeleton?

II. May we be anachronistic?

Hey Hinckie, I think that we need a max of pics in the entry thread ;-)

Sorry DS, but having that many pics is quite annoying even if your entry is pretty cool ;-)

I'm currently working on my entry hehe :-P

*yoda*

I really like Doctor Sinister's entry, the MOC is so well designed and the first picture of the skellie infestation I found really funny :-D !

Btw, I love that woodchipper.

Hey Hinckie, I think that we need a max of pics in the entry thread ;-)

Sorry DS, but having that many pics is quite annoying even if your entry is pretty cool ;-)

Oh, apologies...I'll take a few out...

EDIT - took half of them out and linked to the full set.

Dr. S.

Edited by Doctor Sinister

Oh, apologies...I'll take a few out...

No probs DS and tks for the edit ;-)

Its kind of annoying browsing through numerous pics before getting to the next entry ;-) And I always click on links to see the more pics as possible ;-)

OK I just finished my rustic entry and I shall post it tomorrow ;-)

*yoda*

No probs DS and tks for the edit ;-)

Its kind of annoying browsing through numerous pics before getting to the next entry ;-) And I always click on links to see the more pics as possible ;-)

OK I just finished my rustic entry and I shall post it tomorrow ;-)

*yoda*

Sorry, my enthusiasm gets the better of me... :-D

Dr. S.

Sorry, my enthusiasm gets the better of me... :-D

Like I said no worries at all DS ;-)

Enthusiastic members are always an asset to any website ;-)

I can't wait to see all the entrie in that contest ;-) I'm sure its going to be ghreat !!

*yoda*

Man, yoda. Your eyes must be tired from all of that winking you're doing today. :-P

Anyway, great idea for a contest, Hinckley! So great in fact, that I built my entry before I even wrote this post! I'll get a picture and bio up soon.... although what soon actually means has not been decided yet. X-D

~~END~~

I can't wait to see all the entrie in that contest ;-) I'm sure its going to be ghreat !!

Same here! Glad to see the comments by Batbrick and myself sparked the idea for a great contest, can't wait to see all the entries! So far, I like what I've seen in the entry thread. If all the creations are this good, we'll have a hard time choosing which one is best! :-D