simonwillems

New Set Town Plan

there is definitely some creative (and effective) use of elements on the interior designs... but i can't get passed the use of the black skeleton leg - seems like LEGO could have come up wit a better design than that.

all-in-all though, that cinema is awesome.

- BM

Oh yeah. Thanks for the larger interior pictures! It really does look awesome.

I'm still confused as to why the cinema has a pavement and the townhall and gas station don't. As I said before, easy to fix, but it still confuzzles me! :-/

I'm still confused as to why the cinema has a pavement and the townhall and gas station don't. As I said before, easy to fix, but it still confuzzles me! :-/
i think it is so that the railing (not sure the correct term here) with the inverted dish lies on a flat tiled surface. but if it were me i would remove the tiles too, and work on a new configuration without the black skeleton leg.

- BM

pa180098.jpg

does anyone have any insights on the brick configuration on the "cinema" sign, especially around the letters ???

those look like really thin plates, or is that just the thickness of the stickers ???

man, im really having a hard time making it out *wacko*

- BM

Okay, BrickMiner, a few days later of studying this, I believe the letters are printed on white square road signs-

x143.jpg

Does that help? :-$

EDIT: actually, looking at it again, I think it is just a 1x2 brick in between two plates that run the length of the sign. Does that make sense?

Haha, yes indeed! I guess I can take this opportunity for a little self-promotion. :-P

1462589035_48444a655b.jpg

Heh heh heh....

Does anyone have any guesses on the price point? Perhaps it will be the same as The Cafe Corner. It looks huge, maybe bigger......

Just what I was thinking.

Lego cinema has lured me back.

Has LEGO ever produced a church? The closest I've seen them get to religion in any form are the Christmas items, and they're fairly limited.

I thought htere was a set in the 50ies or sixties that was a church, only white and red pieces.

another question...how many minifgis are in these?

Full cinema, bride and groom, oil worker...any ideas?

another question...how many minifgis are in these?

Full cinema, bride and groom, oil worker...any ideas?

There appear to be 8 in total. I believe the cinema is filled with the truck driver, gas station employee and bride and groom + 2 townspeople...

And now ladies and gentlemen we proudly present the price of this set:

150,-

Okay, BrickMiner, a few days later of studying this, I believe the letters are printed on white square road signs-

x143.jpg

Does that help? :-$

ah, that does... i wasn't aware of those roadsigns. thanks for taking days to do research :-$
EDIT: actually, looking at it again, I think it is just a 1x2 brick in between two plates that run the length of the sign. Does that make sense?
ummm... im not sure, because the letters "flow over" onto the tile on the finished edge... so unless it's the sticker overlaping (which would be a dumb design flaw), it's got to be another element... i wonder if that roadsign is it ???

guess i can't wait to find out - BM

ah, that does... i wasn't aware of those roadsigns. thanks for taking days to do research :-$

ummm... im not sure, because the letters "flow over" onto the tile on the finished edge... so unless it's the sticker overlaping (which would be a dumb design flaw), it's got to be another element... i wonder if that roadsign is it ???

guess i can't wait to find out - BM

Just thick stickers there, I can confirm this because today I went to Legoworld and saw it with my own eyes. (what a great set, and such a big box....) I took a picture of the front of the cinema (can't upload them because I do not have a memorycard-reader here :-( ) and it clearly shows one row of bricks on top of each other. No roadsigns sticking out there.

Just thick stickers there, I can confirm this because today I went to Legoworld and saw it with my own eyes. (what a great set, and such a big box....) I took a picture of the front of the cinema (can't upload them because I do not have a memorycard-reader here :-( ) and it clearly shows one row of bricks on top of each other. No roadsigns sticking out there.
well... that's not as fun, is it ???

_______

Damn! >:-( I thought TLC would be smart enogh to include prints on a 50th anniversary set but it seems they continue to cheat us! *n* I think I'll scan those posters so I can tape them on when the others start to peel.

I Am FEAR Incarnate! *skull*

Shall I agree with you??? You're right!!! It isn't!!! :-P

I shall even boo it, but just a little boo: boo

I love this set, BrickMiner don't you??? :-P :-P :-P

Shall I agree with you??? You're right!!! It isn't!!! :-P

I shall even boo it, but just a little boo: boo

I love this set, BrickMiner don't you??? :-P :-P :-P

This is really something special isn't it *wub*

Me loves it too. Luckly I get a christmass bonus.

This is really something special isn't it *wub*

Me loves it too. Luckly I get a christmass bonus.

Can you request that they just pay it in Town Plans? X-D

And now ladies and gentlemen we proudly present the price of this set:

150,-