simonwillems

New Set Town Plan

WOW *wub* WOW *wub* WOWZERS!!! This set is certainly on my list of must haves for 2008!!!

Love all the detail - just a shame its not on baseplates

umm, it's semantics but kjeld is more than 50 y-o if he was a kid 50 years ago. otherwise he wouldn't have existed 50 years ago.

Perhaps he is a little older then. He was playing in a 1958 picture and now he does that again. His little younger sister who is in the 1958 picture is already died.

The set does have many stickers though, especially on that movie theatre but I have to agree, it is very classic and nostalgic.

Does anyone have any guesses on the price point? Perhaps it will be the same as The Cafe Corner. It looks huge, maybe bigger......

Your guess is as good as mine but be prepared for a price higher than Cafe Corner. My estimate is somewhere in the

Edited by jamtf

It's got less pieces than Cafe Corner. My guess it'll probably cost about the same, though.

Oh and anyone notice at the cinema it says: NOW SHOWING: THE 50 YEAR BRICK.

Still wish it was more like modern day and less 50's American.

(No offence to Americans and/or people who are still living in the fifties ;-) )

(edit: OMG gold 2 by 4 bricks at the fountain?!?!?!)

Edited by Lord Of Pies

Oh and anyone notice at the cinema it says: NOW SHOWING: THE 50 YEAR BRICK.

(edit: OMG gold 2 by 4 bricks at the fountain?!?!?!)

Are there any hi-res versions of the pic so we can look for the special details?

I saw this also today on eurobricks and it was very great. On the inside of the townhall are 2 big plants, on the inside of the gasstation is a nice shop/office and on the inside of the Art Deco Cinema *wub* is a small refreshment shop and a movie hall with I thought 7 chairs. That's not much, but it was more than we never had. There are stickers on the windows for movies which only can be seen in Legoland town. I also think it will be more euro than Cafe corner, but a lady who works at lego said it would not more expensive than the Eiffel tower.

By the way You can also see the new exo-force sets from januari 2008 It has 2 new pieces, one 1x2 slope which looks a bit like the new 1x1 slope from 2005, but with some rectangular gaps in the upside and the new sharp edge piece , which is not so sharp because the one side of this piece is normal hard ABS and the other, sharp side is soft rubberlike, so it cannot pierce young children.

And I saw the new Star wars Battle packs for 2008, Hiding behind glass, and they looked very good, the new rebel helmet is a new piece with a black visor clicked on it but it can not move and in both sets is 1 weapon for each fig. the faces of the rebels were all the same

I talked with Nabii and some members of the bouwsteen and I saw the 2 mocs of Luis And Talia Baixinho( very nice, was that a beehouse by the normal house?, Talia).

yes, it really coming out. It was the stand of lego themselves and I saw Jan Bayer talking with the woman who stand there.

That's quite the most impressive town set (not a lone building) I've ever seen 8-

That's a nice looking set. Looks like a classic lego town design. The cinema looks great.

Is the guy in the background one of the kids from the 1958 set?

Steve

Fantastic set! A must for all collectors!

Yes, the guy seems to b Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen himself (grand-son of OKC), who appeared also in the Town Plan Board from 1959 and later again in 1960.

"At some point in late 1959/early 1960, the 2 children on the 1959 version of the Town Plan board were ordered back to the LEGO Photography Department for a new picture. They went back with the same clothing, and struck the same poses as the earlier picture. Only now they looked a little older and more mature."

This is so cool!!! Even though I'm pretty much hooked on Castle, I just might buy one of these for nostalgic reasons. :'-)

Ha! That was my exact reaction when I first saw this new set! It'll take away from my castle fund, but darn it looks cool.

That's one fantastic set! LEGO is creating some nice sets next year, they are doing much better than some years ago... It is so genious of TLC for bringing out this set, I'm not sure of buying it, altough.

Fantastic! *wub*

It's been years since I've said this... but I will buy that set. AFOLs of the world... we have arrived. Lego have finally realised there's an adult community out there with this set. It reminds me... just seeing this photo how great Lego as a company is. It may make mistakes... like bley, the trains and others, but this i think is enough to redeem them. When's it shipping from?!!! PS, yes it was Kjeld on the original box. It says so in the Ultimate Lego Book by Dorling Kindersley if you have that from a few years back. Nice to see him reappear now! (Incidentally, it was Kjeld who really pushed the Lego System with the red block over the T of system era... ie the early 1990s.)

I still can't believe... how we wait years and years for a decent church/ petrol station/ cinema... and then three come along at once!!! And... in answer to those who said it has no roadplates... i suspect by the white markings on the floor... it may come with like a laminated cardboard board? Like for old times sake (or else how will that red carpet work?) Still, even if it doesn't, still a must buy purchase.

DAYM beat me to it ;-)

i want one now!

when is it available how much and i like the golden brick fountain and the piece count

lol hes like "didnt let my sister play with it then and now i locked her in a cubboard she ain't never gonna play with this set its too uber for her"

Edited by Looking for a display name