Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I actually am okay with the build. The only thing I would have wanted different is possibly cheese slopes to smooth out the curve. Otherwise I like the small improvements and am happy with it.

My real disappointment is the minifigures. I thought it was lazy the first time around, but now the lack of effort is showing even more. If I'm seeing right then literally Princess Leia's torso, Tarkin's torso and two droids are the only new minifigures in this set, everyone else looks to be variants that we've had in the last couple of years. Han's hairpiece is nice, but that will show up in a smaller set soon enough making this kind of pointless. For that price tag we should have gotten arm printing, leg printing, Luke's ep4 hair should have been recolored, they should have thrown in a new ep6 hair for him, Han should have gotten a Tattoine variant complete with boot molding and pinestripe printing on the side of the legs plus new facial expressions for one and all.

I'm thinking I might just wait to buy it without minifigures on eBay.

Edited by strangely

I actually am okay with the build. The only thing I would have wanted different is possibly cheese slopes to smooth out the curve. Otherwise I like the small improvements and am happy with it.

My real disappointment is the minifigures. I thought it was lazy the first time around, but now the lack of effort is showing even more. If I'm seeing right then literally Princess Leia's torso, Tarkin's torso and two droids are the only new minifigures in this set, everyone else looks to be variants that we've had in the last couple of years. Han's hairpiece is nice, but that will show up in a smaller set soon enough making this kind of pointless. For that price tag we should have gotten arm printing, leg printing, Luke's ep4 hair should have been recolored, they should have thrown in a new ep6 hair for him, Han should have gotten a Tattoine variant complete with boot molding and pinestripe printing on the side of the legs plus new facial expressions for one and all.

I'm thinking I might just wait to buy it without minifigures on eBay.

There are a couple of Imperial Officers that are new but I agree with Han's legs. Making them dual moulded with side print would have made something that probably couldn't have been upgraded.

I don't see the Death Star Droid that was on the list of minifigures posted a while back. I do see 2x Stormtroopers, Death Star Troopers, Death Star Gunners, and Emperor's Royal Guards which adds up to 24 minifigures without the Death Star Droid.

Edited by jdm44

There are a couple of Imperial Officers that are new but I agree with Han's legs. Making them dual moulded with side print would have made something that probably couldn't have been upgraded.

Well, it's good to hear there are more than I thought. Unfortunately, it doesn't take away from the fact that this line-up ended up being on the cheap side. Honestly if the price increase weren't so steep I'd be more okay with so many minifigures being recycled, but it makes it hard to overlook.

don't see the Death Star Droid that was on the list of minifigures posted a while back. I do see 2x Stormtroopers, Death Star Troopers, Death Star Gunners, and Emperor's Royal Guards which adds up to 24 minifigures without the Death Star Droid.

Might be a protocol droid of some kind at the top right of the back of the box pic, maybe? Hope they go ahead and do the official release, soon. I'd like to see the details on the Imperial officers.

Something I can't find: the interrogation droid. Also, the dianoga has seemingly been replaced with just the head.

I'd like to see the details on the Imperial officers.

Fingers crossed that the unknown black uniformed figure is a Stormtrooper officer.

I've got to say, even the printing on the minifigures is mediocre compared to modern standards. Ben Kenobi's still got his crappy "robes" that only cover the front of his legs. Silly curtains.

No hip printing on the stormtroopers. No leg printing on Leia whatsoever. It's just disappointing all around, really. Superhero sets get all the dual molded arms, legs, printed arms, printed legs, even side print on legs,

but Star Wars figures are getting the short end of the stick, left to run behind today's standards. They're just gonna keep updating figures every few years like this, continuously disturbing collectors.

I don't see the Death Star Droid that was on the list of minifigures posted a while back. I do see 2x Stormtroopers, Death Star Troopers, Death Star Gunners, and Emperor's Royal Guards which adds up to 24 minifigures without the Death Star Droid.

I think it's on the front of the box, directly above the dish in the same room as R2 and 3PO.

Ben Kenobi's still got his crappy "robes" that only cover the front of his legs. Silly curtains.

Yeah, I don't understand that in the slightest. His robe is so long they might have well just given him dual molding. Or better yet they could have just given him a cape like they do for literally all Jedi. Printing the robe was a bold experiment and all, but the current method just doesn't work. Either they devise a new method or they go back to the old.

No leg printing on Leia whatsoever.

Not shocking, even a little. It took over a decade for them to just replace that torso, so sometime around 2027 we should be getting leg printing. They could have at least thrown in a white hood so Leia can have some variation.

My only remaining hope for this set is that maybe C3PO is updated to have the polybag printing with a silver leg. I know that won't happen here, but I want to cling to the idea just a little bit longer.

Edited by strangely

I think it's on the front of the box, directly above the dish in the same room as R2 and 3PO.

That's a Death Star Gunner

They're probably happy you spent what you did last year but are aware that you may not spend it this year. There'll be thousands of people that will have spent more than you or I last year and will do so again this year and again next year. This 40+ yr old is happy when there's sets I'm interested in and doesn't really mind if there isn't. Not every wave will be geared towards me but I know that there will be different waves over different years that will have me spending a lot and some waves that will have me spending a little.

Most of that $ was on 3 UCS sets straight from the Lego Store and the rest was scooping up the entire first wave of Ep VII due to temporary insanity. I'd be perfectly satisfied if they could just put out 1 highly engineered set a year geared towards display. 2017 has me worried we will not see another set of Slave I quality until I've already wandered off completely. Just seems like they ignored us 30-40-50yr olds at the exact time their only real competitor is embracing us. I just hope that 34" starship lights a fire under Lego's bottoms to pull something cool off the shelf for May 2017. I mean seriously, go watch Jang's video on that beast. :wub_drool:

Edited by pcsguy88

I'm not seeing the multiple Imperial Officers only Tarkin and the black tunic officer (Who thankfully has rank pips). Unfortunately it appears the other officer at the command table is an Imperial Technician for some bizarre reason?

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Wasn't going to buy it anyway, but looks like I'll be eating my 7965 if this is true.

video or it didn't happen! :tongue::grin:

Just got a look at the minifig selection. No gray suit imperial officers, no Stormie utility belt on han or Luke. There is a tattooine Han though.

Most of that $ was on 3 UCS sets straight from the Lego Store and the rest was scooping up the entire first wave of Ep VII due to temporary insanity. I'd be perfectly satisfied if they could just put out 1 highly engineered set a year geared towards display. 2017 has me worried we will not see another set of Slave I quality until I've already wandered off completely. Just seems like they ignored us 30-40-50yr olds at the exact time their only real competitor is embracing us. I just hope that 34" starship lights a fire under Lego's bottoms to pull something cool off the shelf for May 2017. I mean seriously, go watch Jang's video on that beast. :wub_drool:

Wow that thing looks fantastic. I'm not a star trek fan but the detail on that build is awesome. Come on Lego, pull your socks up

I'm not seeing the multiple Imperial Officers only Tarkin and the black tunic officer (Who thankfully has rank pips). Unfortunately it appears the other officer at the command table is an Imperial Technician for some bizarre reason?

In the hi-res picture you can clearly see it's not an Imperial Technician uniform.

It looks like this person's lighter colored uniform but with a different rank insignia and a black cap:

230px-Trech_Molock.jpg

In the hi-res picture you can clearly see it's not an Imperial Technician uniform.

It looks like this person's lighter colored uniform but with a different rank insignia and a black cap:

230px-Trech_Molock.jpg

Yeah that looks to be what the figure is. He also has gloves for whatever reason. I don't think it's meant to be an actual character.

Also, there's still no dual molded legs on tarkin, or anyone for that matter.

Edited by jhaelego

ghB5uU1.jpg

I guess I would have been happy with a DS similar to the one on the right: Some slopes to round the overall shape (it's not perfect yet I must admit).

With some stickers to give it some texture I think it could have looked great.

I also rounded the center plate section a bit. Stickers with some texture also would have worked there well I think.

Edited by Alexastor

Yeah that looks to be what the figure is. He also has gloves for whatever reason. I don't think it's meant to be an actual character.

Actually, it looks like it may be this officer on the right:

dsofficer03.jpg

Actually, it looks like it may be this officer on the right:

<snip>

Yeah you're right. Can we see if he has gloves? Not sure the sideburns on the minifig are correct either.

Edited by MKJoshA
Please don't quote pictures

I guess I would have been happy with a DS similar to the one on the right: Some slopes to round the overall shape (it's not perfect yet I must admit).

I also rounded the center plate section a bit. Stickers with some texture also would have worked there well I think.

This is 100% what I was hoping for after rumour started saying it was very similar.

*snip*

Yeah I think If LEGO had rounded it a little bit, it would have been way better, in terms of changes that would have been a good solution.

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)