Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Would they make a set based on that though? "Rescue Shmi from slavery and slay the men, women, and children like animals- only to have her die anyway! Have fun reenacting Anakin's descent into the dark side with 4 Tusken Raiders to brutally murder! Set features chains for Shmi Skywalker, a speeder bike, two huts, a Bantha, and cloth to wrap up your mother's dead body!" They should also just go ahead and make an "Assault on the Jedi Temple" set with younglings and Anakin too

Perhaps I have taken this too far.....maybe...

I'd love a Tusken Camp set with Anakin and Shmi and two regular Tuskens. Give us a tent, a bantha and the Lar's family swoop bike and you've got a nice set.

I sure that will be nice, but it's impossible for it to been happen. The scene where Shmi is death and Anakin killing Tusken Raiders is one of most darkest moment in Star Wars franchise and releasing a set like that can be traumatic to people's who has they parents been killed in the similar way. This is not a big problem in other Star Wars sets because nobody has actually been killed in real life by a AT-AT, TIE Fighter or a Vulture Droid.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

This is not a big problem in other Star Wars sets because nobody has actually been killed in real life by a AT-AT, TIE Fighter or a Vulture Droid.

...or aTusken Raider?

Besides, they already released a set with Anakin vs Tuskens back in 2002.

...or aTusken Raider?

Besides, they already released a set with Anakin vs Tuskens back in 2002.

Yes, but I think TLC allow that because not actual injuries and dead showed and besides, the screenshot of the set box image is not very screen-accurate.

Sorry everyone, I'm finding it hard finding the information for the 2016 sets, is it possible that the front page could be updated when someone has the time?

Is there much news on any new Rebels sets yet? I've heard about a speeder bike I think but that is about it so far. And do we know if they are making any sets based off droid tales? Looks like a good opportunity for them to go over older material to release sets from.

Would they make a set based on that though? "Rescue Shmi from slavery and slay the men, women, and children like animals- only to have her die anyway! Have fun reenacting Anakin's descent into the dark side with 4 Tusken Raiders to brutally murder! Set features chains for Shmi Skywalker, a speeder bike, two huts, a Bantha, and cloth to wrap up your mother's dead body!" They should also just go ahead and make an "Assault on the Jedi Temple" set with younglings and Anakin too

they made a set like that allredy. ani his light saber and 2 tuskens

who has they parents been killed in that way.

its not every day some one gets massacred by a sightsaber wielding sith :laugh:

its not every day some one gets massacred by a sightsaber wielding sith :laugh:

Hahah, beat me to it :)

a set like that can be traumatic to people's who has they parents been killed in that way.

In which way are you talking? Killed by Tusken Raiders or killed by Emo Lightsaber? It would be tragic for people whose parents were killed in that way, but I don't think any exist in this galaxy.

They should also just go ahead and make an "Assault on the Jedi Temple" set with younglings and Anakin too

I'll take 2!

Edited by x105Black

In which way are you talking? Killed by Tusken Raiders or killed by Emo Lightsaber?

Both of them.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

...nobody has actually been killed in real life by a AT-AT, TIE Fighter or a Vulture Droid.

aka tanks, fighter jets and drones?

Besides, they already made a set based on that scene. They could easily remake it, adding a bantha.

the difference I think he was trying to make is that while there are many other deaths most are attributed to war (also no ok by lego standards) while the tuskens where plainly murdered, and Shmi was abducted, tortured, and left to die. it is far darker than the war conflicts, but I see little difference once you cross into the death topic.

I think it comes down to the brutality of the scene. Blowing up a planet is violent, sure, but the scene isn't. And thus LEGO produced a Death Star set. Killing some Tusken Raiders is technically less heinous, but the scene is graphic. Shmi is bloody. Anakin cuts down Tusken Raiders as they scream in pain.

It's the same reason why there won't be an "Anakin massacres the younglings" set.

They could just gloss over the fact that the Tuskins were murdered. Just replace retrieving Shmys body and slaughtering her killers with rescuing Shmi and battling the Tuskins.

New upcoming sets:

75119 BF?

75120 BF?

75121 BF?

75122 BF?

75146 Advent Calendar

75148 ?

Edited by nrg

New upcoming sets:

75119 ?

75120 ?

75121 ?

75122 ?

75146 Advent Calendar

75148 ?

Source? Are these sets added winter 2016 ones or summer?

Cheers

Those must be Summer sets since there's an Advent Calendar among them :wink: The amount of sets might sound suspicious at first, but keep in mind that the Rogue One sets willl probably be released around September like this year's TFA sets, so another split summer wave seems very plausible :classic:

Source? Are these sets added winter 2016 ones or summer?

Cheers

Brickset. Summer.

Edited by CM4Sci

New upcoming sets:

75119 BF?

75120 BF?

75121 BF?

75122 BF?

75146 Advent Calendar

75148 ?

Wait, why'd you add the BF? Battlefront?

Sorry everyone, I'm finding it hard finding the information for the 2016 sets, is it possible that the front page could be updated when someone has the time?

Is there much news on any new Rebels sets yet? I've heard about a speeder bike I think but that is about it so far....

A guy asks a legitimate question about 2016 sets and is ignored, good thing there's so much wishlist talk about Banthas and Tuskens...

As for Rebel sets so far there's Kanan's Speederbike as already mentioned plus 4 Microfighters The Ghost, TIE Advanced Prototype, Wookiee Gunship and AT-DP. I think there's been talk here about an A-Wing but I don't know if that's been confirmed or just a rumour.

A guy asks a legitimate question about 2016 sets and is ignored, good thing there's so much wishlist talk about Banthas and Tuskens...

As for Rebel sets so far there's Kanan's Speederbike as already mentioned plus 4 Microfighters The Ghost, TIE Advanced Prototype, Wookiee Gunship and AT-DP. I think there's been talk here about an A-Wing but I don't know if that's been confirmed or just a rumour.

There is an A-wing, we just aren't sure if it's rebels or OT or TFA

Well, they did put Nute Gunray in Anakin's Jedi Interceptor, and we all know what happened to him in that scene. He was unarmed and begging for his life; most of the Tuskens at least pulled gaderffiis and tried to fight back. Palpatine's Arrest, likewise, is pretty grim; I'd argue that most children would probably be more disturbed seeing a good guy, Mace Windu, going through the whole edge-of-the-Dark-Side "he's too dangerous to be kept alive" bit, and all the Force Lighting there, and the point at which Anakin really, irrevocably falls. Even if you don't think that's quite as grim as the Tusken camp, it's certainly not very far off.

That said, I don't think we're getting it as a set. And, for the record, I would love an 'Assault on the Jedi Temple' set. I always thought it was really, really weird that we got Coruscant Guard troopers, Star Corps troopers, and 442nd Siege Bat troopers, who are in RotS for about a second, about a second, and not at all, respectively, in the first wave of RotS sets, and then a couple times after that too (AT-AP and first Clones BP), but never saw 501st or 212th troopers--by far the most important ones in the movie--until 2013, and then only for TCW sets. We have still, today, never had a movie-style 501st clone trooper minifigure, despite all the screen time they've had.

There is an A-wing, we just aren't sure if it's rebels or OT or TFA

I can't believe it'd be anything other than Rebels. Obviously the TFA stuff completely dwarfs Rebels for marketing stuff, but I can't see Disney ever ignoring currently-running content so completely as to give us only one system-scale set, and with the A-wings being featured so strongly in Rebels over the last couple episodes they're the obvious choice for a medium-small vehicle. LEGO goes for weird remakes sometimes, but we just had an OT A-wing in 2013, and it's such a minor vehicle in the OT compared to Rebels (where it's the only Alliance starfighter shown so far, although IIRC there were B-wing prototypes in one of the Season 2 trailers) that it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for them to do that again.