Sign in to follow this  
JackJonespaw

The Second Crash - Day 2

vote : Anthony (jluck)

But what's sinister about questioning someone else's ping?

Suspicious is what I mean by sinister. The way he posted it seemed as though he was subtly questioning the logic of Foorth's ping while not coming out and saying it fully.

There was a quote of a quote here... Can't seem to quote the quote of the quote.

This seems forced and does not reflect at all him telling you to be wary.

Here was the post before that. Look at the timestamps, this conversation is far from new. If I was scum why would we PM when we could talk on the scumboard? :hmpf:

Wait ... Is it him telling you to be wary or you telling him ... Looks like these PMs don't really reflect what you told us ... Just saying.

That's what I did PirateDave in jamesn's submarine game. We had a couple PMs set up for different contingencies, that I could post at a moment's notice. Funny enough, klick was the third member of our scum team, though he died quick, and watched the complex, paranoid plan we wove. We had Dave fake claiming to me, and eventually won with his fake claim of doctor. Good times, good times!

And your indignant at everybody's sensible questioning of you is not helping your case. Anger that I 'blew your cover', anger that you look suss, anger that someone thinks your PM could be fake... Looks bad to me.

Klick=jluck

Indignant = indignation

That's exactly what I thought of when I saw the PMs, seems forced, staged.

I'm pretty sure mike and I made fake PMs together in one of the last games as well. So I would not put it past him to do it again.

So it looks like everyone has turned up to vote except Duke Bowman who hasn't even checked in once since Day 2 started, and he was online yesterday. :sceptic:

Mike, I have to question why Anthony would contact you instead on saying something here? Also, I am curious, did you contact him first after you saw that our town cop investigated him last night or did he contact you first?

You didn't say suspicious. You said scummy. And that was when I had literally made 1 post. What on earth could you find scummy? I never said fluff was town, I meant that fluff is not something to base suspicions on - either way. I'm not saying things without reasoning behind it. That would be your role in this debate :grin: I have no problem with you suspecting me. I do have a problem with anyone throwing out scummy accusations without any basis.

And I'm not surprised you forgot about me - I didn't post after that one single post on day 1 because of things. So since everyone forgot about me, do you really think I'd come in like this if I was scum? (I know, WIFOM, but still...)

Look Delwyn, I have no real read on you either way. And I'm not trying to pick a fight. I'm just looking for people to give explanations of their reads. A read just stated with no reasoning is worthless or worse.

:hmpf:

If you’re not trying to pick a fight then why are you insisting we continue to talk about this? If we go by your logic, I certainly wasn’t the only person to throw out a “baseless” comment on day one. What I said was honestly more of a self reminder than anything. Next time I say anything about you, I’ll make sure to have a full powerpoint presentation with a list of my sources prepared. Are you happy now? :sarcasm_hmpf::innocent::poke:

This seems forced and does not reflect at all him telling you to be wary.

Wait ... Is it him telling you to be wary or you telling him ... Looks like these PMs don't really reflect what you told us ... Just saying.

That's exactly what I thought of when I saw the PMs, seems forced, staged.

I'm pretty sure mike and I made fake PMs together in one of the last games as well. So I would not put it past him to do it again.

My fake PM's in Blacktron were without timestamps. That was the tell they were fake. Luckily nobody picked up on it.

I tried to get the gist of the message but it appears to have confused some people. Right after I claimed to Anthony (in the same thread as the suspicions of Bob and CMP he sent out) he said this:

Be careful with trusting too early, I've seen it go wrong too many times.

After Molly announced the investigation result I said this in PM to jluck, quoting the post he made earlier for clarity:

:sadnew: I must commend you. You played well. I was convinced you were town. I won't make the mistake of trusting someone too early in future games.

To which he replied:

Haha :wink:

My advice is real, most of our conversation I was being completely upfront with you on, have fun!

Mike, I have to question why Anthony would contact you instead on saying something here? Also, I am curious, did you contact him first after you saw that our town cop investigated him last night or did he contact you first?

I PM'd him this after I read the result:

:sadnew: I must commend you. You played well. I was convinced you were town. I won't make the mistake of trusting someone too early in future games.

I don't know why he replied to me but didn't post anything in the thread as his final sendoff. It baffles me too, Molly. :wacko:

Oh, I see our beloved host is watching us. Can you post a vote count? Do Ewan and Gale have penalties? Just curious. :wink:

Suspicious is what I mean by sinister. The way he posted it seemed as though he was subtly questioning the logic of Foorth's ping while not coming out and saying it fully.

But how is that scummy? Surely it's not a scum move to question the logic behind someone's ping :wacko: Running in circles here, you are.

:hmpf:

If you’re not trying to pick a fight then why are you insisting we continue to talk about this? If we go by your logic, I certainly wasn’t the only person to throw out a “baseless” comment on day one. What I said was honestly more of a self reminder than anything. Next time I say anything about you, I’ll make sure to have a full powerpoint presentation with a list of my sources prepared. Are you happy now? :sarcasm_hmpf::innocent::poke:

Really? You weren't the only one? I just reread day 1. Here's what I found:

Our dear gardener Elijah makes a good point here. I don't like how quiet TPRU and RoTF are being right now, but that can be chalked up to their play style. :sceptic: I don't think there's enough good evidence to lynch either def or jluck right now. I'll withhold my vote for now.

See, some reasoning (being quiet)

There isn't enough evidence to lynch anyone right now is correct, but to cast a vote helps get said evidence. Anthony usually isn't this talkative on day one of our choir performances (well except one show I remember and he was very scummy then) so to draw out conversations here is my vote:

Too talkative

But whoever he is, there's no way he's been acting fishy as you have so far today. Your posts genuinely baffle me, and I find you more suspicious than anyone else thus far. But considering it's day one, that's not saying much.

You making an accusation WITH base to it. So you don't always throw out baseless scum reads.

Pinged me before, and seems off. The vote for Anthony doesn't feel right - no read on him for now, and I've never played with him before, but Molly's vote feels disingenuous.

A reason for scum-reading.

Oh Geez...........It's really hard to pick Day 1 without being accused of bandwagoning. Without any conclusive evidence, there's no reason for me to cast a vote on the highest voted candidate, Anthony although this move could possibly lead me to easily be accused of doing something suspicious and will make me liable for a lynch in the coming days. As I seem to be forced to vote I'll Vote:Doctor Wynn (Tariq j) for the sake of voting. Oh Geez.......

A baseless accusation/vote. And what happened to him? Oh yeah, he got freakin' lynched for it!

That's an interesting point, Gale, you haven't shown up at all in the whole day - what are your thoughts on the matter? I've also noticed there seem to be a lot of other members who've ducked the ball - Ewan, Delwyn.

Accusations with a reason.

I really want to emphasise the scumminess of Ewan. He jumped on Delwyn's boneheaded accusation of me, whereupon I jumped on him and he went silent. Things have been hectic since, so it makes sense to lie low. It's been a long time since someone gave me such strong day one bad vibes.

Another accusation of me, even though he got me confused with someone else.

Has Ewan been online since then? If so, then he's definitely lying low.

Another (legit) accusation of me for lying low.

Now, here's the interesting thing to me. Those posts from Elijah and Ray were back to back. The next post was YOU continuing the accusations on me with literally no reason given. So, a scum trying to build a bandwagon on me? That's pretty much what it looks like to me. As for your claim that day 1 had many people throwing out baseless accusations, I sure didn't find that at all. In fact, yours was the only one I saw (other than the obvious joking stuff with Anthony/Elijah).

Current Votes:

14 Votes for Anthony Dixon: (Lady K, KingoftheZempk, mediumsnowman, def, mostlytechnic, PirateDave84, Tariq j, fhomess, Bob, Dragonfire, Ranger of the Forest, CallMePie, TinyPiesRUs Tamamono)

Not Voted Yet: jluck, Cutcobra

You Have A Bit More than 3 Hours Left

With 16 Players, A Majority of 9 is Needed for a Lynch

As for your claim that day 1 had many people throwing out baseless accusations, I sure didn't find that at all. In fact, yours was the only one I saw (other than the obvious joking stuff with Anthony/Elijah).

You forgot Woodcock's accusation of me :wink:

Oh, I see our beloved host is watching us. Can you post a vote count? Do Ewan and Gale have penalties? Just curious. :wink:

Are yout trying to see if you can shift the lynch away from your buddy??

I think it was more your lack of contribution to discussion other than your vote for a player who was already confirmed anyway.

No, that would be ridiculous. There's no way I could switch the lynch when it's almost unaminous. That would be ludicrous and rather stupid. :hmpf: I'm simply curious as if to our host will enforce penalties for failure to vote yesterday.

I think it was more your lack of contribution to discussion other than your vote for a player who was already confirmed anyway.

Still, given Mike's contributions so far, I think Gale has a legitimate gripe. There's nothing in the rules that indicate voting is mandatory and it is a rather odd request given that the voting is already well in hand with a majority on Anthony. Why Mike is so concerned about vote penalties for others... well... the only think I can think is that things aren't going well for his team and he's getting frustrated.

Still, given Mike's contributions so far, I think Gale has a legitimate gripe. There's nothing in the rules that indicate voting is mandatory and it is a rather odd request given that the voting is already well in hand with a majority on Anthony. Why Mike is so concerned about vote penalties for others... well... the only think I can think is that things aren't going well for his team and he's getting frustrated.

But why would any intelligent scum try to shift the lynch off his outed, confirmed partner? It just seems too absurd to be true. Why say it in thread?

No, that would be ridiculous. There's no way I could switch the lynch when it's almost unaminous. That would be ludicrous and rather stupid. :hmpf: I'm simply curious as if to our host will enforce penalties for failure to vote yesterday.

Still, given Mike's contributions so far, I think Gale has a legitimate gripe. There's nothing in the rules that indicate voting is mandatory.

:classic:

vote: Elijah (def) just because.

Def, you win again :frown:

#jluckisdefsb***ch

Current Votes:

14 Votes for Anthony Dixon: (Lady K, KingoftheZempk, mediumsnowman, def, mostlytechnic, PirateDave84, Tariq j, fhomess, Bob, Dragonfire, Ranger of the Forest, CallMePie, TinyPiesRUs Tamamono)

1 Vote for Elijah: (jluck)

With 14 Votes, Anthony Dixon (jluck) has been lynched!

Everyone get their night actions in!

Ending Pictures Will Go Up in a Bit!

I'd apologize for being late but honestly I'm better than you guys and you were all just early.

So, let us see: I won't focus on Anthony since that guy is practically dead and I don't feel like reading every single page just to add to the point that he is scum. (And I just saw that he posted above me)

The accusations against def (at least I think they are) are practically pointless. In my mind, scum plan every single detail of their post to make sure he/she doesn't seem scummy or doesn't and def seems to experience to let something like "no chance that I am godfather" thing slip up.

Then, there is mostlytechnic, He was 'pointing out' that there was a possibility that def was a godfather and it wasn't confirmed that he was scum. Then, as soon as Anthony is confirmed scum:

You're right, I did go exaggerating there and I shouldn't have. I apologize.

But more importantly...

Vote: Anthony Dixon (jluck)

Oh, and look how Anthony voted yesterday - the infamous #3 spot on Perce!

Then he just seems to continue discussing with RangeroftheForest.

Speaking of Delwyn, she just reinforced her accusations on Quincy and then proceeded to defend herself from mostlytechnic. I don't find this to be particular scummy actions, but it would be nice that you contributed a bit more to the discussion.

Speaking of Quincy (Yes, I am starting every observation with "Speaking of". Sue me), all you did that is of notice was to defend yourself from accusations until you could "hug it out", demand an update on claims and just seem to try and sneakily instill suspicion about Ewan:

Could it be Ewan is actually scum and is trying to deflect the damage to an innocent, possibly even a power role? Although the next day if it turned up Elijah was town we would turn on Ewan, but he could claim that he was just citing statistics and everyone else ran with it. Gah this hurts my sweat-filled head.

And you also just continued adding what was already said about mediumsnowman.

Speaking of mediumsnowman, just like Perce, I think he did an honest mistake. Let's hope he never does one like these ever again.

Speaking of two mafia teams (Yes I know I didn't mention them but still): My only reason to believe that there is only one mafia team is that Danny and Jack clearly stated that it doesn't matter if we did Mafia School or not. Wouldn't it be too complicated for a newbie who only knew the basics? I know this is weak reasoning so don't count me on this.

I'd vote for any of the above but honestly there is no point so I'll continue my discussion tomorrow.

Vote: Anthony Dixon (jluck).

*drops the mic*

¬ From the Journal of Jack Jones, Entry Date Lost, Named Day 2

23850476735_916739935d_b.jpg

We had reached the edge of the Garden, and our next destination was some place called the Stairs. According to Elijah, he had never ventured down there, but it was apparently a vast staircase leading hundreds of kilometers downwards into the earth - and to the Sanctum.

23554736640_cbeddbb39c_b.jpg

Like Dougal had done when we’d left the Hall, he asked if the group had chosen anyone to kill - to see the allegiance of. They pushed forward another one of my kids - Anthony. He just looked around, but he was pretty quiet, much like he’d been for the past many hours.

23222320324_abac668f5d_b.jpg

Dougal looked at me again and offered the gun to me again. I pushed it back yet again. I couldn’t shoot Perce, I wouldn’t shoot Anthony. They were still kids, innocent or not.

23554726740_f598723ecb_b.jpg

Dougal pulled the trigger, and I was surprised at how calloused my emotions felt - almost as if I was building up a tolerance to this violence and death.

23767960191_975bb7fd99_b.jpg

Anthony screamed, and Dougal cursed. “Shit, I missed. Hit his chest.” Anthony slowly raised his hand and pointed at Elijah and whispered his last words…”You…win...biiii…...ttcccchhhhhh.” And Dougal shot him again. He didn’t miss.

23742067052_da67573c0f_b.jpg

I grabbed his soul and peered into it - it was a curious thing...red and green flashed, with some grey in there too...the allegiances, right? It made sense. Red was...the shadows, the green was the town, and the grey was something else...unless it was just a mixture of red and green, to deceive everyone…

23824331626_b8abab75c8_b.jpg

Mike and Ewan loaded Anthony’s body on top of Perce’s and Greg’s. Our stack of bodies was steadily growing.

23824327026_d48c0eed95_b.jpg

I heard the group muttering maliciously again...I began to have an irrational fear for Dougal and me. What if they turned on us? Thought that we were Shadows? I cleared the thoughts from my head and continued to walk forward.

¬ End Journal Entry