LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

So, Lego customer support got back to me about my back order regarding Bestsellers. 

“Upon reviewing your order, we found that the bestseller items were in stock at your purchase. However, due to the high demand for these particular items, we experienced an unexpected surge in orders. Unfortunately, when we were ready to process your order, the bestseller items had become back-ordered.

We are actively working to fulfill your order and expedite the process. The expected availability date for the bestseller items is 19 Dec 23, and we are doing our best to ensure that your order is processed promptly upon receipt of the stock.

As a gesture of goodwill, we'd like to offer you the 3000 Insider points as a token of apology.”

Which is funny to me because is the points I would had gotten had I bought anything this past 2xVIP weekend regardless lolol 

Woohoo, two of my November 1st orders are now showing as shipped so I expect I will be receiving the e-mail receipt soon.  One more November 1 order still in warehouse.  So looks like we are back to the 28 day shipping estimate at this point.  Another three more orders to go.  One each from November 2, 3 & 4.

OK, the 28 days have come & gone on my 6 standard part orders.  The ones from Nov 1 & 2 departed the DHLGM Avenel, NJ facility on Nov 28 but there has been no update I can see on the USPS website other than they are still waiting for the packages.  DHL tracking shows the packages left NJ on Tuesday and are currently enroute.  Doesn't normally take a week for the USPS to get the packages from DHL but I know there has been bad weather across the country.  The DHL tracking shows origin of Packages to be Jamaica, NY which is probably JFK airport so I don't know if that is point of origin for this country or if they normal arrive in NJ & then get sent to NY as I've never actually checked the tracking on the DHL website before.  I usually just rely on the USPS updates which only reverence Avenel NJ as the starting point.  According to the LEGO website my Nov 3 & 4 orders have been shipped but still waiting on invoices for those two. 

23 hours ago, karrit said:

OK, the 28 days have come & gone on my 6 standard part orders.  The ones from Nov 1 & 2 departed the DHLGM Avenel, NJ facility on Nov 28 but there has been no update I can see on the USPS website other than they are still waiting for the packages.  DHL tracking shows the packages left NJ on Tuesday and are currently enroute.  Doesn't normally take a week for the USPS to get the packages from DHL but I know there has been bad weather across the country.  The DHL tracking shows origin of Packages to be Jamaica, NY which is probably JFK airport so I don't know if that is point of origin for this country or if they normal arrive in NJ & then get sent to NY as I've never actually checked the tracking on the DHL website before.  I usually just rely on the USPS updates which only reverence Avenel NJ as the starting point.  According to the LEGO website my Nov 3 & 4 orders have been shipped but still waiting on invoices for those two. 

Simply put @karrit, the postal service is all backed up in a major way. For example: there was a mercury spill (it was on my local news channel) back on October 26th in St. Louis, Missouri's main distribution / sorting hub which also spread to a satellite facility. A LOT of packages go through both those places, which created a ripple effect in other places country-wide. Apparently (from what three different mail workers told me on different occasions), they just got through (as of a month after the spill) the backlog of things that had to be scattered all over the country when that happened. The Christmas rush has also started around that time, so they have piles and piles of packages that are WAY behind. My local mailman actually were telling me they split the route I'm on in half because one truck can't hold all the extra mail they need to deliver daily. It took me nearly a month to get a package from a Indiana BL seller to me in St Louis. (shipped October 21, received November 20th.) and this was just with a small Bricklink order!

...Long story short, it will take longer this year, especially the close we get to Christmas. Besides, as I found out, if it gets lost, you have to wait 30 business days from last tracking notice and the SHIPPER has to start lost item proceedings. You, as the receiver of said items, can't do anything, per USPS rules.

Edited by Murdoch17

@Murdoch17 I finally got an update from USPS today that the Packages have all arrived at the DHL Distribution Center in Denver so hopefully only another day or two before I get them.  Depends on when DHL actually turns them over to USPS and how quickly USPS transports them the final 50 or so miles to my local Post Office.  I know our informed delivery notices have been quite wonky for the past couple of weeks with them telling me stuff is in the current day's mail that doesn't show up for several more days.  And then sometimes telling me something will be delivered that I've already received.  Normally I would just blame it on the mail deliverers screwing up but it's been happening way more often lately and I haven't been getting other people's mail like I do when it's the local mail person at fault.

Update on Tuesday 12/05:  Local Post Office finally has 4 packages and they say they will be delivered tomorrow!  The final two have been charged to my credit card so expect they will finally ship out in the next day or two.

Edited by karrit
update

Yes, 45 day shipping estimate makes it appear so.  Noticed earlier that the Quidditch Capes have been removed from the site.  And there's been changes to some bestseller parts also.

Just checked my running order that earlier had over 270 parts in it and now is only showing 5.  Everything else I had is suddenly out of stock.  Wonder if it's a glitch or they are pulling everything temporarily again like last year.

Edited by karrit

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

Looks like B&P Standard is being shut down over the holidays.

Yes, was not planning that earlier, but I guess the backlog was to big going into the x-mas season:shrug_oh_well:

US website now says: "We're sorry but we're unable to place new orders for Pick a Brick Standard parts at the moment.  Expected to restart in early January".

My 5 items that were still showing earlier have been removed.  Guess I better call them about the 3 parts that were missing from two of my orders that I got yesterday.

On 12/3/2023 at 5:00 PM, karrit said:

my order from

November 1st is still backordered

I finally got the 4 shipped ones yesterday.  Received the receipts for the ones from 11/3  & 11/4 so they should actually ship out now.  I think I have one more order from Black Friday week so don't expect that one to be shipping anytime soon with the shutdown.

2 minutes ago, karrit said:

I finally got the 4 shipped ones yesterday.  Received the receipts for the ones from 11/3  & 11/4 so they should actually ship out now.  I think I have one more order from Black Friday week so don't expect that one to be shipping anytime soon with the shutdown.

The kicker is that my order is the bestseller bricks! My regular standard order shipped and arrived last month!!!

3 hours ago, eldiano said:

The kicker is that my order is the bestseller bricks! My regular standard order shipped and arrived last month!!!

They keep changing what they consider to be best sellers.  If something goes out of stock it drops off the best seller listing.  It's very frustrating.  I know there were parts that were bestsellers that fell off the list & now some of them are back.  They even added a few of the newest parts as bestsellers.

Edited by karrit

On 12/7/2023 at 4:10 PM, karrit said:

I have four orders from November 18 that are all showing as still in warehouse. I was hoping that they'd be here by Christmas. They usually fulfill the orders already placed during the shut down, don't they?

34 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I have four orders from November 18 that are all showing as still in warehouse. I was hoping that they'd be here by Christmas. They usually fulfill the orders already placed during the shut down, don't they?

Yes, got a big one from the 18th yesterday :pir-santa:

I ordered a standard order on the 19th. Hopefully it ships soon, as they are train wheel bearing parts, while the metal axles and wheels themselves are already here from Bricktracks. (It would have been double the price to order everything from Lego... over $2 per axle and I needed fifty is plain ridiculous!)

Edited by Murdoch17

My order from November 17 is still showing in warehouse. I think if the parts are in stock they should ship before they shutdown.  Still over a week & 1/2 til Christmas so hopefully my order ships out by the end of this week.  Don't know if it'll make it here before Christmas though.

47 minutes ago, karrit said:

I think if the parts are in stock they should ship before they shutdown.

There is no shutdown, just that you can not order parts so they can get rid of the huge backlog of orders and all the missing parts during x-mas :wink:

On 12/13/2023 at 8:00 AM, Roebuck said:

Yes, got a big one from the 18th yesterday :pir-santa:

Ooh, that's very promising for my order then!

I have four orders that are for four different Bricklink MOC Pop-Up Store models, and would love to have a go at them over the holidays.

My order from 11/17 is now marked as shipped.  Just waiting to see the charge on my credit card and the invoice from LEGO.   

3 hours ago, karrit said:

My order from 11/17 is now marked as shipped.  Just waiting to see the charge on my credit card and the invoice from LEGO.   

[Immediately checks LEGO orders page]

Mine too! Hurrah! It's (hopefully) a Christmas miracle! :pir-huzzah2:

Still waiting on my order from the 18th of Nov. Really hoping it ships by Monday as I was planning to use some of the pieces as a Christmas present.

On 12/15/2023 at 3:47 PM, MKJoshA said:

Still waiting on my order from the 18th of Nov. Really hoping it ships by Monday as I was planning to use some of the pieces as a Christmas present.

*stares longingly at his November 24th order*

I added a small PAB order to my LKC order so I would still get the gift with purchase. The funny thing is that the castle and GWP have already arrived. I'm still waiting on the PAB order. I'm guessing that once the PAB order ships they'll charge me for the entire order, they still haven't charged me for the LKC. They sent me an email telling me that I needed to pay them for it. When I called they said that there wasn't an issue with my order. She also said that my PAB order would still ship before the shutdown. I'm not sure if it really will, but I'm hoping that she's right.

32 minutes ago, CallMeCarbiz said:

She also said that my PAB order would still ship before the shutdown. I'm not sure if it really will, but I'm hoping that she's right.

There is no shutdown. You can´t order new parts, but they are still handling orders they already got - although likely over the christmas days a lot of their employees will likely have holidays so it will take more time for them to handle the orders.