LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Just contacted CS to ask if they know of the error and if it will be fixed after trying so many times. They just said website is slower than normal, but no reported issues (despite your report). Told them it is stopping me making a large order so thought they should know as it is probably losing them custom. They just said try a different device, clear cookies etc. Basically, I can't get my B+P to transfer to the basket so I'd have to call them with a really long list and I haven't got the time to do that. 

Sounds like you got one of the few unhelpful people at Lego. The guy I got said they normally don't take large orders over the phone, but since the site wasn't working he would take it anyway. And they way he was so quick to offer help was either an indication that he knew about the problem but couldn't admit it over the phone or a testament to Lego's customer service. With Lego it could be either.

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Sounds like you got one of the few unhelpful people at Lego. The guy I got said they normally don't take large orders over the phone, but since the site wasn't working he would take it anyway. And they way he was so quick to offer help was either an indication that he knew about the problem but couldn't admit it over the phone or a testament to Lego's customer service. With Lego it could be either.

He wasn't exactly unhelpful, but seemed adamant they didn't have a problem with B+P even though I said I had tried multiple browsers and that others were having problems also so it's not just me personally and it might effect business (it's certainly stopping me). To be honest, I'd given up on ordering and only contacted them because I thought they really should know something in their system is mucking up, but to keep denying it was a bit annoying. He did say he would pass on my issue although I don't see what good it will do. That's weird as this guy encouraged me to do my order by phone even though I said I really didn't have the time to ring up with such a long list. Then I think he thought I was getting B+P mixed up with Pick A Brick because of the size of my order (big, but not that big in terms of Lego and what you get for £s). It almost felt like he thought I shouldn't be making a large B+P order.

Anyway, I cleared all my cookies after the phone call, tried again, but the problem came back almost straight away. Nothing more to be done really. 

I just placed an order, and I was surprised that my B&P item that I had started 2 days ago was still in my cart, still editable.

..so I edited it, and even though I shop in (the french part of) Belgium, B&P was displaying in dutch, and B&P then went to the english version of the belgian Lego shop, well, it still all worked smoothly, despite the perfect recipe for troubles.

I'm not denying problems, as I've been reporting them for years, but at this moment B&P is working way better than it ever did, for me.
And yes I've already been told to clear cookies & all, that's only a fix when the Lego shop is stuck in a loop trying to convert carts from a country to another. And I still believe the whole problem lies in that cart conversion thing.

Edited by anothergol

I was pretty hesitant after some of what I've read here, but I placed an order earlier today and it seems to have gone through fine. (I didn't order any licensed pieces, just a bunch of Vibrant Coral bricks and a handful of specialty pieces like food and some basic minifig parts.)

On 7/4/2019 at 3:36 PM, BacktoBricks said:

He wasn't exactly unhelpful, but seemed adamant they didn't have a problem with B+P even though I said I had tried multiple browsers and that others were having problems also so it's not just me personally and it might effect business (it's certainly stopping me). To be honest, I'd given up on ordering and only contacted them because I thought they really should know something in their system is mucking up, but to keep denying it was a bit annoying. He did say he would pass on my issue although I don't see what good it will do. That's weird as this guy encouraged me to do my order by phone even though I said I really didn't have the time to ring up with such a long list. Then I think he thought I was getting B+P mixed up with Pick A Brick because of the size of my order (big, but not that big in terms of Lego and what you get for £s). It almost felt like he thought I shouldn't be making a large B+P order.

Anyway, I cleared all my cookies after the phone call, tried again, but the problem came back almost straight away. Nothing more to be done really. 

I made an order early Monday morning of about 1,400 pieces (not licensed, just sharing the experience). I had kept it in my cart for about 5 days, while waiting for Double VIP to kick in, and I didn’t experience any performance or software issues. For reference, I was using Safari on an iPhone. What problems are you experiencing? 

Also, I have a question of my own. This is my second Bricks and Pieces Order, though this one is much bigger than my previous order. While the site lists the orders as having shipped 3 days ago, I know better. When can I realistically expect them to ship, as right now doesn’t seem to be an overly busy period for the program?

How do you guys figure out what parts to order? Do you just go through the inventories of sets you know have good bits and search that way?

If there was a way to filter the Brickset parts database (which comes from LEGO) based on the last year listed (so for this part https://brickset.com/parts/300101 the last year is 2019 meaning its still in production even though the first year is 1994) it would be perfect.

I could filter the database by "parts with the last year listed = 2019" and only see parts used in a 2019 set (even if they weren't introduced in 2019). Then find anything there worth shortlisting and then repeat for 2018 and 2017 (and maybe a little further back if it makes sense). That way I am not looking at parts that haven't been seen in a set (or rather haven't been seen in an inventory that Brickset has scraped up) for years and are therefore not going to be available anymore.

4 hours ago, jonwil said:

How do you guys figure out what parts to order? Do you just go through the inventories of sets you know have good bits and search that way?

If there was a way to filter the Brickset parts database (which comes from LEGO) based on the last year listed (so for this part https://brickset.com/parts/300101 the last year is 2019 meaning its still in production even though the first year is 1994) it would be perfect.

I could filter the database by "parts with the last year listed = 2019" and only see parts used in a 2019 set (even if they weren't introduced in 2019). Then find anything there worth shortlisting and then repeat for 2018 and 2017 (and maybe a little further back if it makes sense). That way I am not looking at parts that haven't been seen in a set (or rather haven't been seen in an inventory that Brickset has scraped up) for years and are therefore not going to be available anymore.

I used to use Brickset but which pieces were available would become a hit and miss. One of the EB members in this thread as made a very useful website:

https://nostalgic-wilson-b2026b.netlify.com/index.html

7 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

While the site lists the orders as having shipped 3 days ago, I know better. When can I realistically expect them to ship

You can realistically expect them to ship when it is listed as shipped. If you ordered B&P together with something else that has already shipped you can wait for the e-mail titled "Your LEGO® Bricks & Pieces have shipped", usually within 7-10 days. Even though it is probably not high season for B&P orders, my guess is that right now they have limited staff at work due to the summer holiday in Denmark.

8 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

You can realistically expect them to ship when it is listed as shipped. If you ordered B&P together with something else that has already shipped you can wait for the e-mail titled "Your LEGO® Bricks & Pieces have shipped", usually within 7-10 days. Even though it is probably not high season for B&P orders, my guess is that right now they have limited staff at work due to the summer holiday in Denmark.

Okay, thanks for the insight! I ordered them in conjunction with one of the Far From Home sets. So while that’s already been delivered, the tracking for the B&P order hasn’t changed in a week. I’ll keep an eye out for an email, many thanks. 

53 minutes ago, Giacinto Consiglio said:

I think that is great news. Hopefully we'll get a working and issue-free site, at last!

Fingers crossed...

2 hours ago, BaristaBricks said:

Site is closed until further notice :(

Oh wow. I put my order in just in time then!

It seems to be working for me, I can see the interface, I can add things to my cart, I can checkout from B&P and I can go through to checkout in Shop @ Home (to the point I pick the shipping address anyway)

59 minutes ago, jonwil said:

It seems to be working for me, I can see the interface, I can add things to my cart, I can checkout from B&P and I can go through to checkout in Shop @ Home (to the point I pick the shipping address anyway)

It was definitely down earlier today. Guess it was a quick fix

I sent feedback to Brickset asking if they could support filtering based on the "production" date range (i.e. show all parts that have a "production" date of 2019). That way I can go through all the 2019 parts and build a wish list which I then filter based on what B&P will actually sell me (in Australia) at the exact point I am doing the order.

Still doesn't work for me, but this time it's different. The error seems to be related to some pieces. First I wasn't able to order when I included f.e. the waffle piece from Stranger Things. My order went through once I deleted those pieces. But now I can add those pieces to my selection, but the total price for the pieces doesn't appear when I add everything to my cart. I only see the costs for shipping. Very strange.

13 hours ago, Giacinto Consiglio said:

I think that is great news. Hopefully we'll get a working and issue-free site, at last!

They took it down while they were updating the VIP area, probably due to the number of complaints they were getting about missing points.

4 hours ago, MAB said:

They took it down while they were updating the VIP area, probably due to the number of complaints they were getting about missing points.

I was going to use my $5 towards a BnP order this week or next as I had 122 points on Monday, I got 510 points on the switch when a $5 voucher is 650 points. So I'd love to see LEGO's logic.

8 hours ago, Maple said:

I was going to use my $5 towards a BnP order this week or next as I had 122 points on Monday, I got 510 points on the switch when a $5 voucher is 650 points. So I'd love to see LEGO's logic.

Call them up. I was close to £20 off before the switch and after the switch I still am, I was concerned for a few minutes but it worked out alright for me.

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

Call them up. I was close to £20 off before the switch and after the switch I still am, I was concerned for a few minutes but it worked out alright for me.

I'm super busy to call, but I did send them an email. When I have time I will be calling. 

I have a Bricks and pieces order that just arrived in the mail yesterday. Today, I was charged a second time for it. My PayPal balance is out because of it. This new site is super problematic. I hope everyone gets their issues sorted out.

On 7/11/2019 at 5:07 AM, jonwil said:

I sent feedback to Brickset asking if they could support filtering based on the "production" date range (i.e. show all parts that have a "production" date of 2019). That way I can go through all the 2019 parts and build a wish list which I then filter based on what B&P will actually sell me (in Australia) at the exact point I am doing the order.

I did a quick comparison, and the items available in Australia seem the same as the items available in Europe. The pricing seems set at 1.5 eur so you could use the below site and convert the total pricing.

On 7/8/2019 at 7:51 AM, J4ck said:

I used to use Brickset but which pieces were available would become a hit and miss. One of the EB members in this thread as made a very useful website:

https://nostalgic-wilson-b2026b.netlify.com/index.html