@9v system I have looked at that video of the Invisible lift many times and have commented about it on this thread. The extra motor being a key aspect of that.

Did just come across this:
http://www.legoengineering.com/meet-the-creator-akiyuki-kawaguchi/

Which has a image of the Ball Factory V2

Q2-Ball-Factory.jpg

Some interesting gearing changes.

Not sure I agree with these modules being in the "Inspired by Akiyuki" section of the front page:
Pasillos/ Tilting ladder
Serpentine
Ball Counter
Double Bucket GBC

I don't see using an Akiyuki hopper or off ramp as being inspired by. They are just using something he created in a very basic sense. None of them are particularly complex or innovative either. Nice, but not Akiyuki level.

Ball Factory V3 and the Berthil Cup-to-Cup on the other hand I 100% agree with.

So, I am going through and adding all the upgrade Akiyuki did forever ago and I weirdly just didn't really see.

I am trying to work out what is going on here.

640x512.jpg

What are those bricks down there doing?

3 hours ago, Ankoku said:

So, I am going through and adding all the upgrade Akiyuki did forever ago and I weirdly just didn't really see.

I am trying to work out what is going on here.

640x512.jpg

What are those bricks down there doing?

it looks like they support the grey bevel gear housing to stop it moving around. you can see the one next to it also has one, i think its a 1x5 L liftarm in between those two 1x4 technic bricks

greetings all,

i have recently been testing these colorful GBC balls in my Akiyuki modules, and so far they have worked great in

invisible lift, ball factory, zig zag lift, tilted rotors, cup to cup, stuck ball lifter.

they are slightly smaller then the lego balls which i thought was going to affect the performance of some modules but it looks like its ok.

i dont have strain wave or cycloid so i cant test them in these modules.

heres a link to where i got them from. they are very affordable https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002436311103.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5eb74c4dwW70MJ

57 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

I wonder why there is no new module from the master for a long time. Hope he hasnt lost his interested in the GBC thing. 

same, im waiting for his next masterpiece, i still have quite a few other modules of his i need to build too or should i say rebuild

So I have rendered up the new gearing.

800x450.png

Just gotta work out how the gearing goes within the bit with the long Technic Bricks.

Edited by Ankoku

7 hours ago, Ankoku said:

So I have rendered up the new gearing.

800x450.png

Just gotta work out how the gearing goes within the bit with the long Technic Bricks.

very nice, i was able to replicate this gearing on my red version of the ball factory some years ago, from memory, i used a 12 tooth black bevel and an tan bevel in the gap bettween the two technic bricks

@9v system It is okay. I will add the cup-to-cup.

Not sure about the knob wheel drive. Probably, doesn't look difficult. I am guessing there is no syncing issues there really and a level of torque he is worried about. It is low on my priority list at the moment.

I am currently trying to redesign the spiral lift a bit. e.g. there are lots of elements about it which I don't like and it doesn't run very smoothly.

I have changed it from 4x 11L ribbed tubes, to 3x 12L tubes. The more recent 12L tubes are a lot softer. Also resigning the gearing underneath, as having gears sitting on Technic plates never feels like a good idea for smoothness.
Currently, it looks like this:

800x450.png

Clunky, but for now, it will do. Haven't got the bits yet, so I don't know if the design is a goer, but the 2x2 with the yellow connector works well.
Where the 1x2 plates are, is where the hopper for the spiral lift connects. Which keeps the 1x7L thin liftarm in place. Also supports the hopper better.

My only concern right now, is that if the spiral lift rotates too fast, the balls fly off :P

At some point down the line, I will redesign the hopper, so balls don't get stuck.

5 hours ago, Ankoku said:

@9v system It is okay. I will add the cup-to-cup.

Not sure about the knob wheel drive. Probably, doesn't look difficult. I am guessing there is no syncing issues there really and a level of torque he is worried about. It is low on my priority list at the moment.

I am currently trying to redesign the spiral lift a bit. e.g. there are lots of elements about it which I don't like and it doesn't run very smoothly.

I have changed it from 4x 11L ribbed tubes, to 3x 12L tubes. The more recent 12L tubes are a lot softer. Also resigning the gearing underneath, as having gears sitting on Technic plates never feels like a good idea for smoothness.
Currently, it looks like this:

800x450.png

Clunky, but for now, it will do. Haven't got the bits yet, so I don't know if the design is a goer, but the 2x2 with the yellow connector works well.
Where the 1x2 plates are, is where the hopper for the spiral lift connects. Which keeps the 1x7L thin liftarm in place. Also supports the hopper better.

My only concern right now, is that if the spiral lift rotates too fast, the balls fly off :P

At some point down the line, I will redesign the hopper, so balls don't get stuck.

i have photos from akiyuki of the spiral drive gearing if your interested

@9v system Is it on your BrickSafe? Also, is it any different to the instructions which are out there?

Edited by Ankoku

On 5/25/2021 at 10:17 AM, Ankoku said:

@9v system Is it on your BrickSafe? Also, is it any different to the instructions which are out there?

yes, i have it uploaded on my bricksafe somewhere, it is quite different to the instructions gearing

@9v system To be honest, for that sort of thing, I would be happier if we started to make the General GBC thread like this one on the front page. e.g. an image, links to instructions, part lists etc. Then we have one place for random GBC and another for Akiyuki stuff.

Would make for 2 really good resources on here.

On 5/26/2021 at 11:02 AM, 9v system said:

yes, i have it uploaded on my bricksafe somewhere, it is quite different to the instructions gearing

Are you sure? All I can see is the mega plant.

has anyone here built the strain wave gearing module?

whats the most difficult part of it? its the only module i have not built, but i have just started ordering parts for it

it looks like making sure everything is free from friction is a challenge

I built this module. At first with the instruction provided here. But on an exhibition it stoped working due to too much friction. @dunes then posted a solution with two L motors. I modified mine in that way and it works flawlessly since then.

Edited by tismabrick

6 hours ago, 9v system said:

has anyone here built the strain wave gearing module?

whats the most difficult part of it? its the only module i have not built, but i have just started ordering parts for it

it looks like making sure everything is free from friction is a challenge

35 minutes ago, tismabrick said:

I built this module. At first with the instruction provided here. But on an exhibition it stoped working due to too much friction. Someone then posted a solution with two L motors. I modified mine in that way and it works flawlessly since then.

I have built it with 2x XL motors. runs really smooth.