whung

LEGO Seasonal 2016

Friend's Party Train has the same color bike. I think it can be a let your dog unleashed and harass bikers in the park set. Chase cyclist up the statue fountain :classic:

Very late but nevertheless here my comment: Thank you very much for the pics, whung! :classic:

I adore 40221 - the set including the fountain with two possibilities for the statue on it plus too small benches, a woman, a dog and a yellow bicycle. This is a great addition to every city! :wub:

The only thing you can critisize is that the benches are only four studs bright - so that only one minifigure fits on them - and that there's only that one minifigure included. An additional male fig and the female with a more appealing, new torso (e. g. one of the in the 10686 set) would make the set absolutely perfect.

I really hope that this one won't be a giveaway or special limited set, but be a via S@H sold set!

Klaus-Dieter

Friend's Party Train has the same color bike. I think it can be a let your dog unleashed and harass bikers in the park set. Chase cyclist up the statue fountain :classic:

lool.

Maybe the statue is a meeting point for illegal cookie trafficking, that girl has a suspiciously happy face.

Still don't think it belongs in seasonal

I will be surprised, and disappointed, if 40221 isn't a GWP for the Brick Bank release window. Looks great, can't wait!

I do agree that it hardly seems "seasonal", though if it's released Jan. 1 to coincide with the Brick Bank, I guess the date makes it "seasonal"...sort of... :shrug_confused:

Edited by rob-ot5000

2016 GWP Calendar courtesy of the great Hailey_Bricks from Instagram and Youtube. It contains coupons!!! :excited:

It appears January to March is a free parrot

April to June is 100 Free VIP points with a VIP Purchase

And July to September is an exclusive Nexo Knights figure.

Pretty cool. The parrot is kinda meh but the VIP Points are great. I'm also excited to see the Nexo Knight Figure.

For someone who has gotten one of these calendars before -- other than the coupons, what does the Calendar look like. Does it have a Lego-related picture on one side and the calendar on the other like most wall calendars?

Yes its the same style as common wall calendars. 2015 had renders of minifigures in seasonal settings. 2014 was more varied:

2014-Lego-Wall-Calendar.jpg

For someone who has gotten one of these calendars before -- other than the coupons, what does the Calendar look like. Does it have a Lego-related picture on one side and the calendar on the other like most wall calendars?

Yeah, one flap is a rendered Lego minifigure scene and another is the actual calendar with the days in the most obvious black and white grid system. The part of the calendar containing the actual days and weeks on the grid sometimes have a fun minifigure printed onto it to mark holidays. Ex: Santa Claus on Christmas, Leprechaun on St. Patrick's Day

Link to this year's calendar images on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-2016-CALENDAR-BRAND-NEW-5702015414678-Free-Shipping-U-s-/311475997477?hash=item48856a8b25:g:SeMAAOSwwbdWNQFY

I got my calendar last year on ebay for about $8 to $12 dollars. Once it becomes more readily available the price will definitely drop from its current one listing of $22. :)

Do you think there will be a completely new Winter Village set next year, re-design of some old set or nothing? I read from somewhere that a brand new set was designed this year, but it couldn't be released because of factory schedule or something like that, and TLC decided to release a Toy Shop re-design instead, is there any truth in that?

It looks like we're not getting more seasonal 8x8 vignettes in 2016. Animal themed ones instead, and I guess this would be the Valentine's Day one.

40201-1.jpg?201511230710

Bummer of the year. I thought the vignettes were a real sales winner. Those animals drag on the shelves for over a year here, nobody wants them. Maybe they'll have both?

It seems like they switch it up every other year. We had those sweet "scenes" in 2013, then animals in 2014, then scenes in 2015, then animals in 2016. I don't care for the animal ones, and I'm not sure other people do, either.

Nope, sure don't. Though I bought five reindeer on sale last year, strictly for parts. Loved the vignettes.

Vignettes are the way for me. Those really bring the feeling they should with very limited space and parts. Love them. Animals are really boring.

Little Timmy and his nostalgic mom first, AFOLS on the backburner. We really need to be put in our place sometimes.

Love the vignettes, I only have Santa's Visit but plan on collecting the rest. The animals ones are ok, not my favorite but they're cute too

Perhaps they are alternating between vignettes and animals. I also wonder if the freebies for Christmas could be minifig vignettes next year, as they were last year. In a parallel fashion to how we got minifigure vignettes for purchase this year, but non-minifig scale freebies (train and gingerbread house).

Updated the first post with Year of the Monkey and Dog set. Other images earlier provided by whung is not available.

Love the vignettes, I only have Santa's Visit but plan on collecting the rest. The animals ones are ok, not my favorite but they're cute too

Same here and I also only have Santa's Visit, but really wanted Winter Fun and the sets for October/November.

Santa's visit was the best parts pack, but it felt a little cluttered. Best Christmas/winter display is definitely Winter Fun.

Best vignette is probably a tie between the first one (Valentine's) and the last 2 (Christmas)

Just my two cents to wrap up the year before we get these awful animal things. :sweet: